Vikings, Adrian Peterson agree to restructured contract

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 21, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT

Minnesota Vikings v Detroit Lions
Getty Images

Last season, Adrian Peterson missed 15 games because he abused his son. This year, he hinted that he wasn’t happy in Minnesota. But now it appears that all has been forgotten.

“The Vikings and Adrian Peterson have mutually agreed to restructure the final three years of Peterson’s contract,” the team announced in a statement today.

The Vikings have not offered any details of the new contract, but G.M. Rick Spielman framed it as beneficial to both sides and making it more likely that Peterson will play his entire Hall of Fame career in Minnesota.

“This agreement is a win for both Adrian and the Vikings and is a positive step toward Adrian finishing his career as a Minnesota Viking,” Spielman said. “As we have consistently said, Adrian is a valuable part of the Vikings organization and we look forward to his return to the field.”

The Vikings also released a statement from Peterson, in which he indicated that he’s pleased.

“I appreciate the Vikings for working together on this restructured contract, which provides additional security for me but also allows opportunities for me to further prove my value to the team and within the NFL,” said Peterson. “It was important for me to continue my career in Minnesota, and I cannot wait to get on the field in front of Vikings fans again.”

Peterson will be back with the Vikings when they report to training camp on Saturday, and likely with the Vikings for years to come.

--------------

Dumbasses who thought Dallas would get Peterson ===> :laff <=== anyone with a functional brain.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 21, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT

Minnesota Vikings v Detroit Lions
Getty Images

Last season, Adrian Peterson missed 15 games because he abused his son. This year, he hinted that he wasn’t happy in Minnesota. But now it appears that all has been forgotten.

“The Vikings and Adrian Peterson have mutually agreed to restructure the final three years of Peterson’s contract,” the team announced in a statement today.

The Vikings have not offered any details of the new contract, but G.M. Rick Spielman framed it as beneficial to both sides and making it more likely that Peterson will play his entire Hall of Fame career in Minnesota.

“This agreement is a win for both Adrian and the Vikings and is a positive step toward Adrian finishing his career as a Minnesota Viking,” Spielman said. “As we have consistently said, Adrian is a valuable part of the Vikings organization and we look forward to his return to the field.”

The Vikings also released a statement from Peterson, in which he indicated that he’s pleased.

“I appreciate the Vikings for working together on this restructured contract, which provides additional security for me but also allows opportunities for me to further prove my value to the team and within the NFL,” said Peterson. “It was important for me to continue my career in Minnesota, and I cannot wait to get on the field in front of Vikings fans again.”

Peterson will be back with the Vikings when they report to training camp on Saturday, and likely with the Vikings for years to come.

--------------

Dumbasses who thought Dallas would get Peterson ===> :laff <=== anyone with a functional brain.
So you're saying now 88.6% sure he ends up with the cowboys...?
This is probably one of those sign and trades like in the NBA!

data

Forbes #1
oMG. One step closer to being a cowboy!

...in 2018

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I predict Petersen will start his decline this season after the new deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I predict Petersen will start his decline this season after the new deal.
I'm still pissed he isn't facing a suspension this season but Hardy is. For that reason and that reason alone I want to see Peterson fail miserably.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm still pissed he isn't facing a suspension this season but Hardy is. For that reason and that reason alone I want to see Peterson fail miserably.
My rationale is that he is in his last contract and playing status. He will retire there and the contract will be his entire last financial hurrah. Other than personal pride there likely will not be much to play for because Green Bay still looks like the division front runner for a while. Cruise control seems like a probable choice for him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So you're saying now 88.6% sure he ends up with the cowboys...?
This is probably one of those sign and trades like in the NBA!
:lol

I wonder what that dumbass is saying about AP now after being so adamant that it would happen.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

I wonder what that dumbass is saying about AP now after being so adamant that it would happen.
You know what he is going to say. He always leaves himself an out.

Top Bottom