2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where else can you line up except a D or an R? Even if the candidate doesn't espouse the party line they are affiliated with, chances are the end result will be either a D or R who wins the office. If a voter chooses to vote for an independent candidate they may get the satisfaction of voting their conscience but chances are the vote will be for naught.
You're vote will likely be for naught regardless. You won't change the outcome of the election with your vote.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You're vote will likely be for naught regardless. You won't change the outcome of the election with your vote.
You make it sound like no vote counts. A vote cast as a D or R will at least have the effect of canceling each other. An independent vote won't even do that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You make it sound like no vote counts. A vote cast as a D or R will at least have the effect of canceling each other. An independent vote won't even do that.
A vote for D, R or Third Party has the exact same effect. A person simply vote R or D because of a desire to be part of the winning team. Voting Third Party is like being a Browns fan. You're not going to win in all liklihood. But regardless who you root for, you're not going to change the results.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A vote for D, R or Third Party has the exact same effect. A person simply vote R or D because of a desire to be part of the winning team. Voting Third Party is like being a Browns fan. You're not going to win in all liklihood. But regardless who you root for, you're not going to change the results.
An independent vote doesn't really cancel anything. A D or R vote will cancel the other because the winner will usually come from one of those parties.

townsend

Banned
It's not that DWS was just hired by the Clinton Campaign, I'd say she was working for her the whole time. Now she just has a more appropriate title for the role. Seems like Hillary should have cooled it on hiring the lady who every Bernie supporter hated more than Trump.

Does it really help your campaign to alienate a group of people who were going balls out to oppose you anyway, but might side with Dems just to preserve life on the planet?

Any mediocre politician would be crushing Trump right now in the polls. I've never seen a person with so much power that's so bad at damage control (other than Nixon).

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's not that DWS was just hired by the Clinton Campaign, I'd say she was working for her the whole time. Now she just has a more appropriate title for the role. Seems like Hillary should have cooled it on hiring the lady who every Bernie supporter hated more than Trump.

Does it really help your campaign to alienate a group of people who were going balls out to oppose you anyway, but might side with Dems just to preserve life on the planet?

Any mediocre politician would be crushing Trump right now in the polls. I've never seen a person with so much power that's so bad at damage control (other than Nixon).
Very true.

She continues to shoot herself in the foot.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Where else can you line up except a D or an R? Even if the candidate doesn't espouse the party line they are affiliated with, chances are the end result will be either a D or R who wins the office. If a voter chooses to vote for an independent candidate they may get the satisfaction of voting their conscience but chances are the vote will be for naught.
That's exactly why our binary system doesn't work. Voting third party is a choice, and one that those who do it, don't take lightly. Voting is serious business, and voting party line, is asinine in my opinion.

It is all about the individual voters priorities. No candidate is ever going to be exactly the same as you on every position, but you have to vote with the person who represents your priorities and values. If that is a third party candidate so be it, you've exercised your vote wisely.

We need a ranked voting system. Some states are going that way we need to do it federally, then our votes will truly be counted.

townsend

Banned
That's exactly why our binary system doesn't work. Voting third party is a choice, and one that those who do it, don't take lightly. Voting is serious business, and voting party line, is asinine in my opinion.

It is all about the individual voters priorities. No candidate is ever going to be exactly the same as you on every position, but you have to vote with the person who represents your priorities and values. If that is a third party candidate so be it, you've exercised your vote wisely.

We need a ranked voting system. Some states are going that way we need to do it federally, then our votes will truly be counted.
I also wish we would at least let the electoral college be distributed proportionally. It's insane that all of Ohio or ALL of Florida can hinge on a few votes.

townsend

Banned
Doing some reading it sounds like the chair DWS was offered was a consolation prize to help incentivize her resignation. Still seems like a bad idea to have the woman caught red handed working for Hillary as DNC chairwoman to go directly under Hillary's wing. Makes Hillary look completely culpable for the whole situation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doing some reading it sounds like the chair DWS was offered was a consolation prize to help incentivize her resignation. Still seems like a bad idea to have the woman caught red handed working for Hillary as DNC chairwoman to go directly under Hillary's wing. Makes Hillary look completely culpable for the whole situation.
:lol

Jesus Hilary really does think people will believe whatever shit she puts out there.

townsend

Banned
If HRC can manage to not lose to Trump, I think she'll get demolished in 2020 by Paul Ryan.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Like I said, this is a shitshow. A total embarrassment to anyone with a partially functional brain. Even the most minimally informed voter should be insulted by this RNC. Trump is the most ignorant and unqualified presidential candidate that I've ever seen, and I didn't feel that either W or Obama were qualified. But holy shit, those two fools have forgotten more about governing than Trump will ever know.
Compared to this Trump is the best candidate you have ever seen and you know it.

BTW. While at the RNC I got to talk to Cruz for about 5 minutes the day of his speech. While it's obvious he will run again, he as much said that he was already working toward it. But, He was personable and friendly, and I got the sense before hand he wasn't falling in lock step with the rest there. The thing about him is he has always done what he said he would do and in this instance I'd give him a pass because if someone talked about my family like Trump did, it would take a lot for me to publicly endorse him as well. I think in the end he might, but it will take some conservative actions on Trump's part. Just an up close observation.
I also got to talk briefly to Rick Perry, and Ben Carson and Marcus Latrell. It was a really cool week. I honestly think the best part was getting to work with and shore a drink and conversation after work with a gent named William Albacht. The dude is a real American Hero. 3 Silver Stars, 5 Bronze Stars and 3 Purple Hearts from Nam, Youngest ever Captain in the Green Berets and then 25 years Secret Service afterward. What an honor that was.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I forgot to add he wrote a book about one of his actions in Nam called "Abandoned in Hell: The Fight For Vietnam's Firebase Kate". For those interested it supposed to be a really good read. Synopsis: In October 1969, William Albracht, the youngest Green Beret captain in Vietnam, took command of a remote hilltop outpost called Fire Base Kate, held by only 27 American soldiers and 150 Montagnard militiamen. He found their defenses woefully unprepared. At dawn the next morning, three North Vietnamese Army regiments—some 6,000 men—crossed the Cambodian border and attacked. After five days, Kate’s defenders were out of ammo and water. Aerial resupply was suicidal, and reinforcements were denied by military commanders who had written off Kate. Albracht refused to surrender or die in place. Refusing to allow his men to surrender, Albracht led his troops, including many wounded, off the hill and on a daring night march through enemy lines.

Just FYI

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Trump is not the best candidate. In fact I don't ever remember someone less qualified ever being so close to the presidency.

townsend

Banned
Compared to this Trump is the best candidate you have ever seen and you know it.
Nope. Petraeus, Cheney and Oliver North would be better candidates than Trump. Corruption is bad, corruption and incompetence is worse. As bad as Hillary is, she actually knows what's happenings in the world, unlike Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom