Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I hope Weeden can get it done and we don't end up having to go to Cassell. He showed some signs of life against the Eagles. Maybe that extra year in the system has helped.

D

Deuce

I hope Weeden can get it done and we don't end up having to go to Cassell. He showed some signs of life against the Eagles. Maybe that extra year in the system has helped.
He looked good in his sub duty last year when teams didn't prepare for him. It's his stats as a starter that concern me. I assume that's also the concern for the team which made them look for a guy with experience.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He looked good in his sub duty last year when teams didn't prepare for him. It's his stats as a starter that concern me. I assume that's also the concern for the team which made them look for a guy with experience.
The Cards had a pretty great defense last year though. So I'm not sure if it was Weeden or the defense.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Cassel won't be learning on the fly. Weeden will get a couple of weeks to get the job done. Moore is coming up to be his backup while Cassel gets acclimated with the playbook. Then when he's ready to be active, Weeden will be on a lease.
Sweet, so we'll be able to get something for Weeden.

Gonna be a stupid team that tries to lease him, but what the hell do we care if we have Cassell? BONUS

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Like always, you give an opinion and then leave yourself an out.

You could have typed less by just going with your patented "wait and see".
I gave that option when I made the statement. It's not an out from the original statement it is a recognition that something could change in the future. It's a sensible open minded observation.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yes, its called sarcasm. It was in response to yet another post by you suggesting that there is no difference between a seventh round pick and a fifth round pick. But I'm sure you'll just play dumb and claim words are being put in your mouth.
Show me were I suggested there is no difference between a seventh round pick and a fifth. I certainly don't remember saying that, or even implying it.

But it is funny that you get to hide behind the sarcasm shield, but I'm being intentionally dense. :rolleyes
~crickets~

Guess I'll have to play dumb and claim you were putting words in my mouth, huh?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's entirely likely Cassel and the Bills already knew they would resign him, stop acting like he was on the street for weeks.
My understanding is they wanted to resign him at a lower salary, and he wanted to resign because his wife was pregnant and didn't want to move, so yeah.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Danny Coale, a 5th round pick, traded for Matt Cassel and Jay Ratliff, a 7th round pick.

See? It can be skewed whichever way you need to fit your agenda. Doesn't make either of them any less retarded.
This is the implication that a fifth is the same as a seventh. It's not skewing anything to say there is more talent in the fifth round but you seem to imply that it is.

By the way, the court docket started at 1:30 pm, you're either extremely retarded or just intent on being an obnoxious prick today. Not sure which. I also didn't question any witnesses at court but you're clearly ignorant to court proceedings so I'll leave that alone.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
While there's certainly a difference in available talent between the 5th and 7th rounds, it's not such a huge difference that this move doesn't make sense. It's not like the difference between a 3rd and a 5th, which is a much bigger difference despite the same number of picks separating the rounds.

And we've done pretty well in the seventh. Hell, Jay Ratliff was a 7th and he's probably better than any 5th we've picked in the last decade.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is the implication that a fifth is the same as a seventh. It's not skewing anything to say there is more talent in the fifth round but you seem to imply that it is.
You got a 5th is the same as a 7th out of that? Holy fuck. Talk about your all time reaches...

All that was, was to show you players can be found anywhere. To counter your Scandrick, Randle, Street, Russell dumbassery. It wasn't even remotely saying a 5th is like a 7th. Holy shit... Maybe you were serious with that Richardson, 1st round stuff. :dunce
By the way, the court docket started at 1:30 pm, you're either extremely retarded or just intent on being an obnoxious prick today. Not sure which. I also didn't question any witnesses at court but you're clearly ignorant to court proceedings so I'll leave that alone.
You posted 6 times after that question was posed to you. All during your supposed time in court. And the questioning a witness was sarcasm. Remember that? You attempted to explain what that was earlier.

And speaking of extremely retarded... All this time I've thought of you as somebody intelligent. Clearly I was wrong there. I can admit that. You, though... Obviously struggle with that. Instead, you come up with stories of being in court and having other things to do. :lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This is a very sad thread.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
While there's certainly a difference in available talent between the 5th and 7th rounds, it's not such a huge difference that this move doesn't make sense. It's not like the difference between a 3rd and a 5th, which is a much bigger difference despite the same number of picks separating the rounds.
I agree with you on that. The later you get in the draft, the less dramatic the talent drop is for 2 rounds. Just like the talent between a first and a third is way more dramatic of a drop then the talent from a third to a fifth. Regardless fifth rounders are guys who usually stick on rosters. At least for the first year. When you look at the vast majority of seventh rounds, a lot of them don't even make the roster of the team who drafted them. I think that tells you a little something at least about the talent difference between those two picks. The teams who do best in the draft are the teams with the most picks. It's why it bothers me when we give away a fifth and in return for a player we could have had for free when the Bills cut him. It's a short sighted approach that I thought Dallas had kind of moved past doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom