Greg Hardy signed...

townsend

Banned
If we as a society decided to black ball perpetrators of domestic violence completely I could get behind wanting Hardy and Rice the hell out of the NFL. But there's no way the Mayor of Dallas, or any damn body would actually really do that. Famous as shit people like Dr. Dre, Nick Cage, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Terrence Howard, Tupac, Sean Penn and a cadre of other celebrities have committed some kind of domestic or sexual violence. It's stupid to decide that Hardy is especially bad because football players are hot button right now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If we as a society decided to black ball perpetrators of domestic violence completely I could get behind wanting Hardy and Rice the hell out of the NFL. But there's no way the Mayor of Dallas, or any damn body would actually really do that. Famous as shit people like Dr. Dre, Nick Cage, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Terrence Howard, Tupac, Sean Penn and a cadre of other celebrities have committed some kind of domestic or sexual violence. It's stupid to decide that Hardy is especially bad because football players are hot button right now.
I really hope this move helps the organization and Hardy but I do understand the outcry. People have their own passion buttons and are sincere about it. At the same time some individuals use this as an opportunity to promote a personal agenda. Either way, regardless of all the past despecible actions of others that shouldn't justify the same thing committed by another.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
He was found guilty in a bench trial which is fucking bullshit anyway.

Defense can't question anything.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was found guilty in a bench trial which is fucking bullshit anyway.

Defense can't question anything.
Bench trials are kind of a joke. It also happened to come in front of a female judge. Not saying all female judges are biased but I definitely wouldn't want to be in front of a female judge on a bench trial over a domestic assault.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
It was a female judge that also wanted the trial in her court for publicity reasons.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Bench trials are kind of a joke. It also happened to come in front of a female judge. Not saying all female judges are biased but I definitely wouldn't want to be in front of a female judge on a bench trial over a domestic assault.
Don't you have to agree to a bench trial in lieu of a jury trial? Why wouldn't his attorneys demand a jury trial from the beginning instead of going through one and then appealing to the other?

dallen

Senior Tech
Don't you have to agree to a bench trial in lieu of a jury trial? Why wouldn't his attorneys demand a jury trial from the beginning instead of going through one and then appealing to the other?
Carolina law makes you go through the bench trial first for some reason

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
New Dallas Cowboy Greg Hardy: 'I don't care if [you] like me'

Samantha Hyde

FOX Sports Southwest

MAR 23, 2015 1:46p ET

The signing of Greg Hardy has been controversial for the Dallas Cowboys.

While the organization clearly believes in second chances, many have asked do the Cowboys have any 'moral obligations' when it comes to signing players?

Hardy remains on the commissioner's exempt list after being found guilty of misdemeanor domestic violence only to have the charges dropped on appeals after the accuser failed to show up for the trial.

Last week, the Cowboys officially signed Hardy to a one-year contract worth up to $13.1 million. Many have been critical of the move, including local media and the mayor of Dallas.

But Hardy doesn't seem fazed by the negative attention. The defensive end took to social media Monday to post a message to all the naysayers. The original Instagram post has since been deleted, but Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News transcribed it as follows:

"I don't Care If U Like Me, I Like Me and God knows all so I pray he Blesses America, The Cowboys and no place else #happy to have an opportunity #WorkLikeUAlwaysDo#Harder#Hardy#sackscoming#goodmorning all real Kraken fans I love u guys."

The original tweet that accompanied the Instagram post is still posted for the time being.

I don't Care If U Like Me, I Like Me and God knows all so I pray he Blesses America, The Cowboys and… https://t.co/15WwdiHkFn
— Greg Hardy (@OverlordKraken) March 23, 2015

Follow me on Twitter: @sam_hyde
---------

:towel

p1_

DCC 4Life
New Dallas Cowboy Greg Hardy: 'I don't care if [you] like me'

Samantha Hyde

FOX Sports Southwest

MAR 23, 2015 1:46p ET

The signing of Greg Hardy has been controversial for the Dallas Cowboys.

While the organization clearly believes in second chances, many have asked do the Cowboys have any 'moral obligations' when it comes to signing players?

Hardy remains on the commissioner's exempt list after being found guilty of misdemeanor domestic violence only to have the charges dropped on appeals after the accuser failed to show up for the trial.

Last week, the Cowboys officially signed Hardy to a one-year contract worth up to $13.1 million. Many have been critical of the move, including local media and the mayor of Dallas.

But Hardy doesn't seem fazed by the negative attention. The defensive end took to social media Monday to post a message to all the naysayers. The original Instagram post has since been deleted, but Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News transcribed it as follows:

"I don't Care If U Like Me, I Like Me and God knows all so I pray he Blesses America, The Cowboys and no place else #happy to have an opportunity #WorkLikeUAlwaysDo#Harder#Hardy#sackscoming#goodmorning all real Kraken fans I love u guys."

The original tweet that accompanied the Instagram post is still posted for the time being.

I don't Care If U Like Me, I Like Me and God knows all so I pray he Blesses America, The Cowboys and… https://t.co/15WwdiHkFn
— Greg Hardy (@OverlordKraken) March 23, 2015

Follow me on Twitter: @sam_hyde
---------

:towel
With the Kraken pass rush, we can survive with mediocrity at corner.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Brad Sham
10 hrs ·

This will be about the baby and the bathwater.

My very good friend Dale Hansen caused quite a stir, as usual, with his emotional, now-viral commentary last week about the Cowboys’ signing of Greg Hardy. I know Dale and I know his heart. He feels passionately about the issue. So does everyone I know. No one is for domestic violence. People should speak out about it, as Mayor Rawlings has done so eloquently .I agree with all of those sentiments. That’s the bathwater. In the process of trying to throw it out, while doing it in the entertaining way that TV demands, Dale may have thrown out the baby. As one viewer who has re watched the video, I was struck by the personal-feeling nature of the attacks on Charlotte Anderson, Jason Garrett and Jason’s father Jim. Those attacks didn’t have anything to do with protesting domestic violence. Disagreeing with a policy is fine. Publicly stating the team did something you didn’t agree with is more than just someone’s right, it’s good journalism. Ridiculing Charlotte Anderson’s role on the league’s Conduct Committee is not the same as disagreeing with the policy. Calling Jason Garrett “a fraud or a puppet”, it feels like to me, crosses a line. He has things to explain. But if you know him, if you talk to him about it, you know neither of those labels is true. Dale talked to neither Charlotte nor Garrett before his commentary. I know, because I talked to Dale. And I have this picture of 84 year old Jim Garrett, not in great health, sitting in his New Jersey home wondering how he got into the conversation. I know a little something about this. In 1994, in a too-emotional defense of my teammate, Dale Hansen, in an unfair public dispute he was having with Barry Switzer, I dragged Jerry Jones into the conversation;. All Jerry wanted to know from me, eventually, was, “How did I get into this?” I had great intentions and went too far and did things not as well as I could have. As someone who loves Dale, I think he did the same thing.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Brad Sham
10 hrs ·

My very good friend Dale Hansen caused quite a stir, as usual, with his emotional, now-viral commentary last week about the Cowboys’ signing of Greg Hardy. I know Dale and I know his heart. He feels passionately about the issue. So does everyone I know. No one is for domestic violence. People should speak out about it, as Mayor Rawlings has done so eloquently .I agree with all of those sentiments. That’s the bathwater. In the process of trying to throw it out, while doing it in the entertaining way that TV demands, Dale may have thrown out the baby. As one viewer who has re watched the video, I was struck by the personal-feeling nature of the attacks on Charlotte Anderson, Jason Garrett and Jason’s father Jim. Those attacks didn’t have anything to do with protesting domestic violence. Disagreeing with a policy is fine. Publicly stating the team did something you didn’t agree with is more than just someone’s right, it’s good journalism. Ridiculing Charlotte Anderson’s role on the league’s Conduct Committee is not the same as disagreeing with the policy. Calling Jason Garrett “a fraud or a puppet”, it feels like to me, crosses a line. He has things to explain. But if you know him, if you talk to him about it, you know neither of those labels is true. Dale talked to neither Charlotte nor Garrett before his commentary. I know, because I talked to Dale. And I have this picture of 84 year old Jim Garrett, not in great health, sitting in his New Jersey home wondering how he got into the conversation. I know a little something about this. In 1994, in a too-emotional defense of my teammate, Dale Hansen, in an unfair public dispute he was having with Barry Switzer, I dragged Jerry Jones into the conversation;. All Jerry wanted to know from me, eventually, was, “How did I get into this?” I had great intentions and went too far and did things not as well as I could have. As someone who loves Dale, I think he did the same thing.
:golfclap

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Sham's comments are typical of Garrett's DFW Media Protection Team.

I heard Hansen on the radio the day after that rant, and he said the one thing that made him hesitate on it was his relationship with Troy. He was so worried Troy would be mad at him, he even wrote him a note beforehand telling him he was going to say some things he wouldn't like. :doh

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sham's comments are typical of Garrett's DFW Media Protection Team.
Oh, FFS. It wasn't Sham trying to protect Garrett. It was Sham stating in a professional way, that Hanson was wrong in the way he went about disagreeing with the signing.

Hostile isn't over here, you don't have to keep up the good fight.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Brad Sham
10 hrs ·

that

fucking fossil works for Jerry Jones. he needs to recuse himself from this controversy entirely.

Top Bottom