NFL Draft Early Entries

D

Deuce

I think the Bucs take Winston. He's a hero the FSU people and they have a huge following in Tampa.

On a football side, he has pro style experience and has excelled in it. Mariotta is a huge question in terms of reading defenses since the Oregon O is notorious for putting crap in the NFL at that position because they can't read a D and go through progressions.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think the Bucs take Winston. He's a hero the FSU people and they have a huge following in Tampa.

On a football side, he has pro style experience and has excelled in it. Mariotta is a huge question in terms of reading defenses since the Oregon O is notorious for putting crap in the NFL at that position because they can't read a D and go through progressions.
I look at the fit with the coach...does not seem like a guy Smith would want to lead his franchise.

D

Deuce

I look at the fit with the coach...does not seem like a guy Smith would want to lead his franchise.
I don't think the Bucs are going to make the pick with Lovie in mind. He's a defensive coach who had an extremely poor year based on expectation. What they need to do first is establish who their OC will be and see if he wants to work with a project like Mariotta. I think Tedford would have done well with him, but he's gone.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think the Bucs are going to make the pick with Lovie in mind. He's a defensive coach who had an extremely poor year based on expectation. What they need to do first is establish who their OC will be and see if he wants to work with a project like Mariotta. I think Tedford would have done well with him, but he's gone.
I think they are committed to Smith...and outside of a dome team, there is no better fit for him than Tampa. We'll see, but I don't think there is any way they take Winston first...although he is my preference.

dallen

Senior Tech
Indeed. He's a head case.
A huge head case. He'd have done him self a favor if he would have come back for a year and proved he can stay out of trouble while competing

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Mariota goes to Tampa. That is a good fit for him...warm weather and good conditions. I am not a big Mariota fan, but he seems the type of guy Smith would want leading his franchise.
Depends on who Smith hires as his offensive coordinator.

If it is Trestman, I bet they take Winston. Just a better fit for what he asks the QB to do in his offense. I like Mariota better, but he is not for every system. Whomever takes him will need to move him around.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Depends on who Smith hires as his offensive coordinator.

If it is Trestman, I bet they take Winston. Just a better fit for what he asks the QB to do in his offense. I like Mariota better, but he is not for every system. Whomever takes him will need to move him around.
Mariota just seems like a guy that Smith would favor. Solid kid, good family, etc. I know talent and fit ultimately win out, but not sure Smith wants all the baggage that will come with drafting Winston. I am sure Cleveland is having regrets.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mariota just seems like a guy that Smith would favor. Solid kid, good family, etc. I know talent and fit ultimately win out, but not sure Smith wants all the baggage that will come with drafting Winston. I am sure Cleveland is having regrets.
Smith has zero clue what to do with offense. I think he will go with who his OC wants.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Andrus Peat, OT Stanford
Deontay Greenberry, WR Houston
Mario Edwards Jr., DT/DE Florida St.

D

Deuce

Deontay Greenberry, WR Houston
I'm all for upgrading the WR depth, but no thanks. Overinflated opinion of himself based on his rivals ranking out of high school and I've never seen anyone talk more and end up producing less in the clutch than him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Landon Collins is going pro. Top ten IMO.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Malcom Brown, DT Texas

That's a big one, I like him for us and he should be available in the 25-35 range.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought he was a liability in coverage, I rember him getting picked on by Auburn and others.
If Mark Barron and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix were top picks, he will be.

Top Bottom