2016 Mock Drafts

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't trust McFadden to stay healthy again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't trust McFadden to stay healthy again.
Yeah my comment wasn't to say lets just stick with McFadden. It was just to point out the concern over passing on RBs in the draft last year was over blown.

I've been on record saying I'd take a middle round RB this year. The kid out of Indiana looks really impressive to me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah my comment wasn't to say lets just stick with McFadden. It was just to point out the concern over passing on RBs in the draft last year was over blown.

I've been on record saying I'd take a middle round RB this year. The kid out of Indiana looks really impressive to me.
That's hindsight now, though. I don't think anybody could say that they were confident that McFadden was going to stay healthy much less be this successful.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's hindsight now, though. I don't think anybody could say that they were confident that McFadden was going to stay healthy much less be this successful.
I don't know that. There were some of us that believed this Oline could make even a decent RB look really good. And obviously the Cowboys organization thought so, it's why they signed him like they did.

Again you can't say the Cowboys didn't adress the situation when they signed a guy in free agency who ended up being the fourth leading rusher.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No, it's because our OL is the best in the league and could easily go down as one of the best of all time.

The OL is so good that it can take an average to below average guy like McFadden and get a top 5 rushing performance out of him, it can take a good but not elite guy like Murray and get him almost 2000 yards, get a true elite RB behind this OL and I honestly think they could break the single season record under the right circumstances.
It was a stroke of luck, because McFadden stayed healthy. And, that is absolutely true.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know that. There were some of us that believed this Oline could make even a decent RB look really good. And obviously the Cowboys organization thought so, it's why they signed him like they did.

Again you can't say the Cowboys didn't adress the situation when they signed a guy in free agency who ended up being the fourth leading rusher.
The point is, no one could predict he could stay healthy. It's ridiculous to even insinuate you could.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It was a stroke of luck, because McFadden stayed healthy. And, that is absolutely true.
McFadden staying healthy was lucky, our OL being what it is has nothing to do with luck.

I'm interested in acquiring a RB through just about any means, free agency with a Forte or Miller, the 1st round if we trade down with Elliott, the 2nd with Henry, the 3rd with Collins, Dixon or Howard, the 4th with Perkins, etc.

Basically, I'm interested in a RB at just about any level of the off-season, and ideally in a guy who can start in a time-share with McFadden. So yea, I realize McFadden staying healthy was lucky, but our OL being what it is, and getting the performance it did out of McFadden considering the circumstances has absolutely nothing to do with luck.

Cotton

Staff member
RB wasn't the problem for Dallas last season.
It wasn't all of the problem, but it was a big part of it. But, to be fair, a big part of it was the dumbass we have for a HC, too.

Cotton

Staff member
McFadden staying healthy was lucky, our OL being what it is has nothing to do with luck.

I'm interested in acquiring a RB through just about any means, free agency with a Forte or Miller, the 1st round if we trade down with Elliott, the 2nd with Henry, the 3rd with Collins, Dixon or Howard, the 4th with Perkins, etc.

Basically, I'm interested in a RB at just about any level of the off-season, and ideally in a guy who can start in a time-share with McFadden. So yea, I realize McFadden staying healthy was lucky, but our OL being what it is, and getting the performance it did out of McFadden considering the circumstances has absolutely nothing to do with luck.
I was talking about McFadden, not the OL, so...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It wasn't all of the problem, but it was a big part of it. But, to be fair, a big part of it was the dumbass we have for a HC, too.
Yes the coach and his system utilized for game planning after Romo went down were the primary reasons Dallas went into a nose dive.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The running game wasn't THE problem, but it was a big problem for most of the first half of the year. We have a great offensive line, but it couldn't turn Randle into anything other than a piece of shit. You don't need the GOAT RB behind the line, but you can't just throw any joke back there and expect it to work.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The running game wasn't THE problem, but it was a big problem for most of the first half of the year. We have a great offensive line, but it couldn't turn Randle into anything other than a piece of shit. You don't need the GOAT RB behind the line, but you can't just throw any joke back there and expect it to work.
Most would have characterized McFadden as a joke prior to last season, so to an extent I think we can throw almost any reasonable RB back there and get decent production. Now, that doesn't mean we can throw anybody back there and be a true Super Bowl contender, that's why I want to upgrade at RB, but I do think most RB's could give us at least around 4.2 or so YPC behind our OL.

Now, a turd like Randle who is legitimately out of his mind and will probably end up dead within 10 years is not a reasonable RB, the guy has no place at all in the NFL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most would have characterized McFadden as a joke prior to last season, so to an extent I think we can throw almost any reasonable RB back there and get decent production. Now, that doesn't mean we can throw anybody back there and be a true Super Bowl contender, that's why I want to upgrade at RB, but I do think most RB's could give us at least around 4.2 or so YPC behind our OL.

Now, a turd like Randle who is legitimately out of his mind and will probably end up dead within 10 years is not a reasonable RB, the guy has no place at all in the NFL.
It's pretty impressive that basically any RB can step behind this line though and average over 4 ypc.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The team was winning for the most part until Romo went down. The running game to that point wasn't great but it was adequate.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I think everyone wanted an upgraded RB. I was certainly a proponent but in spite of having what was perceived as substandard RBs the ground game kept the game afloat.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The team was winning for the most part until Romo went down. The running game to that point wasn't great but it was adequate.
The point about the running game was never about going 4-12. Losing Romo made that happen, that wasn't the running game.

The question was always, could we compete for a super bowl without an optimal running game? I don't think we could.

We were 3-1 with Romo because Romo is that good. But there was a ceiling with that team unless the running game stepped up to 2014 levels.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The point about the running game was never about going 4-12. Losing Romo made that happen, that wasn't the running game.

The question was always, could we compete for a super bowl without an optimal running game? I don't think we could.

We were 3-1 with Romo because Romo is that good. But there was a ceiling with that team unless the running game stepped up to 2014 levels.
Believe me. I was chief among the detractors about the RBs in the line up last season but by the same token I really did not expect the production that was achieved by McFadden. I continue to hope that position gets an upgrade.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Four-round mock draft 2.0: Browns, Chargers snag QBs

• By Chad Reuter
  • Draft analyst
  • Published: Feb. 18, 2016 at 11:51 a.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 18, 2016 at 06:15 p.m.

The Super Bowl is over, and the 2016 NFL Draft order is set. Well ... sort of.
In addition to the selections determined by record, the league announces the awarding of 32 compensatory selections during its annual spring meeting.

The league awards compensatory picks based on whether a club loses more free agents that are determined to be compensatory than it acquires, with a maximum of four for one team.

I've projected the third- and fourth-round compensatory picks using those general criteria in order to include a baker's dozen more players deserving of a spot in the top four rounds of the 2016 NFL Draft.

In the deepest draft in recent memory, late third- and fourth-round selections are bound to make an early contribution to their new teams.
» Four-round mock 1.0

PICK

Laremy Tunsil - OT, Ole Miss

Adding Tunsil will allow former first-round pick Taylor Lewan to man the right side, giving Marcus Mariota two excellent tackles to keep defensive ends off his back.

PICK

Jared Goff - QB, Cal

The Browns' new front office brings in Goff to jump-start a moribund franchise with just three winning seasons since returning to Cleveland in 1999.

PICK

Carson Wentz - QB, North Dakota State

The last time the Chargers picked this early in the draft, they drafted the malcontented Eli Manning in 2005 and later that day traded him to the New York Giants for Philip Rivers. The eventual Pro Bowler learned from Drew Brees for two years holding taking the reins, which could be a similar story for Wentz if he were selected here.

RANK

Joey Bosa - DE, Ohio State

If the Cowboys decide not to re-sign free agent Greg Hardy, they would love to find Bosa and his stellar all-around game awaiting their call.

PICK

Jalen Ramsey - CB, Florida State

Play him at corner, play him at safety ... he will make an impact in either spot.

PICK

Myles Jack - LB, UCLA

With Courtney Upshaw a free agent and Terrell Suggs turning 34 years old this fall, the Ravens select Jack, a difference-maker waiting for their call.

PICK

Laquon Treadwell - WR, Ole Miss

Chip Kelly finds a superstar in Treadwell to help out Colin Kaepernick return to his early career form -- or, maybe aid Blaine Gabbert in revitalizing his career, as Kelly planned to do with Sam Bradford in Philadelphia.

PICK

DeForest Buckner - DE, Oregon

Whether or not Cameron Wake returns in 2016, Olivier Vernon and Derrick Shelby are free agents, so the Dolphins will need another pass rusher.

PICK

Mackensie Alexander - CB, Clemson

Alexander immediately bolsters a Buccaneers' secondary bereft of playmakers.

PICK

Andrew Billings - NT, Baylor

The Giants are always looking for difference-makers on the defensive line, and Billings is just that.

PICK

Jaylon Smith - LB, Notre Dame

The Bears need a second-level playmaker, and Smith's injury should not be a career-stopper.

PICK

Noah Spence - DE, Eastern Kentucky

Spence is a top-10 talent, and could wind up there if he convinces general managers (and team owners) that he is dealing with the addiction that caused him to leave Ohio State. For now, we'll say the Saints take a chance on his talent here.

PICK

Paxton Lynch - QB, Memphis

Even if the Eagles decide to bring back Sam Bradford for one year on a franchise tag, new head coach (and former NFL quarterback) Doug Pederson might want to bring in a young passer such as Lynch to groom.

PICK

Ronnie Stanley - OT, Notre Dame

Derek Carr breathes a sigh of relief now that the team has Stanley to hold off defenders.

PICK

Vernon Hargreaves - CB, Florida

The Rams might end up replacing free agent and former Gator Janoris Jenkins (who finished his career at North Alabama) with a similar player in Hargreaves.

PICK

Taylor Decker - OT, Ohio State

Decker joins fellow former Big Ten star lineman Riley Reiff, with the hopes that it helps in pass protection (44 sacks allowed in 2015) and the consistency of the bottom-ranked rush offense in the league.

PICK

Kevin Dodd - DE, Clemson

The Falcons take a pass rusher in the first round for the second straight year, though Dodd's strength is a good complement to Vic Beasley's speed on the edge.

PICK

Ezekiel Elliott - RB, Ohio State

It's time to give Andrew Luck a strong-minded back to carry the load - and Zeke can also pass protect and catch the ball out of the backfield.

PICK

Cody Whitehair - OG, Kansas State

Improving the offensive line should be one of the Bills' top priorities this off-season, and adding the tough, versatile, and technically-sound Whitehair would be a good first step.

PICK

Reggie Ragland - LB, Alabama

Demario Davis is a free agent, so if he doesn't return, the Jets would love to plug in Ragland next to David Harris in the middle of their defense.

PICK

Eli Apple - CB, Ohio State

Washington's secondary was among the most porous in the league in 2015, and Apple is just scratching the surface of his potential.

PICK

Vernon Butler - DT, Louisiana Tech

Vince Wilfork can't last too much longer, so adding more bulk in the middle of the defense is a must for the Texans.

PICK

Josh Doctson - WR, TCU

Docton's wrist probably won't keep him out of the first round, allowing the Vikings grab him as a legit deep threat for blossoming passer Teddy Bridgewater.

PICK

Corey Coleman - WR, BAylor

Free agency could decimate the Bengals' receiving corps, and Coleman's the perfect foil to A.J. Green.

PICK

Jack Conklin - OT, Michigan State

The Steelers used their last three first round picks on linebackers, and before that, they spent three straight firsts on prospects on the line of scrimmage ( Maurkice Pouncey, Cameron Heyward, David DeCastro). This time around, I'll project the team using this pick on an offensive lineman.

PICK

Sheldon Rankins - DT, Louisville

The Seahawks will be looking for active interior defenders in his draft, and that description fits Rankins' game to a tee.

PICK

Darron Lee - LB, Ohio State

The Packers improve their defense instantly Lee's athleticism is still available at this point in the first round.

PICK

A'Shawn Robinson - DT, Alabama

The Chiefs might have some holes to fill in the defensive line as Jaye Howard and Mike Devito are free agents. Robinson can play multiple spots, especially if he learns to play with a lower pad level.

PICK

Leonard Floyd - LB, Georgia

Re-building the pass rush with young talent is crucial for the Cardinals to stay ahead of the Seahawks in the NFC West.

PICK

Shon Coleman - OT, Auburn

The Super Bowl loss to the Broncos put a bullseye on the offensive line of the Panthers, and Coleman has the nasty attitude, athleticism, and length to be a long-time starter at tackle.

PICK

Chris Jones - DT, Mississippi State

Let's say the Broncos can't (or won't) re-sign Malik Jackson at a free agent market price, especially after giving Derek Wolfe a four-year extension in January. Jones' similar size and athleticism might prove to be a good long-term alternative.

Round 2

32. Cleveland Browns: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State
33. Tennessee Titans: Darian Thompson, S, Boise State
34. Dallas Cowboys: Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
35. San Diego Chargers: Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
36. Baltimore Ravens: Jalen Mills, CB, LSU
37. San Francisco 49ers: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
38. Miami Dolphins: William Jackson III, CB, Houston
39. Jacksonville Jaguars: Keanu Neal, S, Florida
40. New York Giants: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
41. Chicago Bears: Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida
42. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State
43. Los Angeles Rams: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
44. Oakland Raiders: Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State
45. Los Angeles Rams: Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
46. Detroit Lions: Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss
47. New Orleans Saints: Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA
48. Indianapolis Colts: Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
49. Buffalo Bills: Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona
50. Atlanta Falcons: Jeremy Cash, S, Duke
51. New York Jets: Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State
52. Houston Texans: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama
53. Washington Redskins: Austin Johnson, DT, Penn State
54. Minnesota Vikings: Kyler Fackrell, OLB, Utah State
55. Cincinnati Bengals: Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
56. Seattle Seahawks: Alex Collins, RB, Arkansas
57. Green Bay Packers: Thomas Duarte, TE, UCLA
58. Pittsburgh Steelers: Su'a Cravens, S, USC
59. Kansas City Chiefs: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State
60. New England Patriots: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
61. Arizona Cardinals: Germain Ifedi, OG/OT, Texas A&M
62. Carolina Panthers: Yannick Ngakoue, DE, Maryland
63. Denver Broncos: Jordan Howard, RB, Indiana

Round 3

64. Tennessee Titans: Willie Henry, DT, Michigan
65. Cleveland Browns: Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State
66. San Diego Chargers: Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State
67. Dallas Cowboys: Jihad Ward, DE, Illinois
68. San Francisco 49ers: Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford
69. Miami Dolphins: Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida
70. Jacksonville Jaguars: Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford
71. Baltimore Ravens: Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State
72. Chicago Bears: Jerald Hawkins, OT, LSU
73. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame
74. New York Giants: KeiVarae Russell, CB, Notre Dame
75. Oakland Raiders: Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
76. Los Angeles Rams: Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame
77. Philadelphia Eagles: DeAndre Houston-Carson, CB/S, William & Mary
78. New Orleans Saints: Deion Jones, OLB, LSU
79. Philadelphia Eagles: Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
80. Buffalo Bills: Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
81. Atlanta Falcons: Vadal Alexander, OG/OT, LSU
82. Indianapolis Colts: Artie Burns, CB, Miami (FL)
83. New York Jets: Devontae Booker, RB, Utah
84. Washington Redskins: Dominique Alexander, ILB, Oklahoma
85. Houston Texans: Jacoby Brissett, QB, North Carolina State
86. Minnesota Vikings: Miles Killebrew, S, Southern Utah
87. Cincinnati Bengals: Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor
88. Green Bay Packers: Joe Thuney, OG/OT, North Carolina State
89. Pittsburgh Steelers: Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State
90. Seattle Seahawks: Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers
91. Kansas City Chiefs: Joshua Perry, OLB, Ohio State
92. New England Patriots: Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech
93. Arizona Cardinals: Brandon Allen, QB, Arkansas
94. Carolina Panthers: Harlan Miller, CB, Southeast Louisiana
95. Denver Broncos: Kentrell Brothers, ILB, Missouri
96. Detroit Lions (projected compensatory selection - DT Ndamukong Suh): Rashard Higgins, WR, Colorado State
97. New England Patriots (projected compensatory selection - CB Darrelle Revis): Jordan Jenkins, DE, Georgia
98. Seattle Seahawks (projected compensatory selection - CB Byron Maxwell): Will Redmond, CB, Mississippi State
99. Denver Broncos (projected compensatory selection - TE Julius Thomas): Matt Judon, DE, Grand Valley State

Round 4

99. Cleveland Browns: Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina
100. Tennessee Titans: Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina
101. Dallas Cowboys: Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor
102. San Diego Chargers: Devon Cajuste, WR, Stanford
103. Miami Dolphins: Kevin Byard, S, Middle Tennessee State
104. Jacksonville Jaguars: Graham Glasgow, C, Michigan
105. Baltimore Ravens: De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State
106. San Francisco 49ers: Vernon Adams, Jr., QB, Oregon
107. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Kenny Lawler, WR, California
108. New York Giants: Denver Kirkland, OG/OT, Arkansas
109. Chicago Bears: Eric Murray, CB, Minnesota
110. Los Angeles Rams: K.J. Dillon, S, West Virginia
111. Detroit Lions: Ronald Blair, DE, Appalachian State
112. New Orleans Saints: Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina
113. Philadelphia Eagles: Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas
114. Oakland Raiders: Damontee Kazee, CB, San Diego State
115. Atlanta Falcons: Hunter Sharp, WR, Utah State
116. Indianapolis Colts: Deon Bush, S, Miami (FL)
117. Buffalo Bills: James Cowser, DE, Southern Utah
118. New York Jets: Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska
119. Houston Texans: Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State
120. Washington Redskins: Jack Allen, C, Michigan State
121. Minnesota Vikings: Willie Beavers, OG, Western Michigan
122. Cincinnati Bengals: Antwaun Woods, DT, USC
123. Pittsburgh Steelers: Zack Sanchez, CB, Oklahoma
124. Seattle Seahawks: Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State
125. Green Bay Packers: Kenyan Drake, RB, Alabama
126. Kansas City Chiefs: Kevon Seymour, CB, USC
127. New England Patriots: Christian Westerman, OG, Arizona State
128. Arizona Cardinals:
Matt Ioannidis, DE, Temple
129. Carolina Panthers: Tevin Carter, S, Utah
130. Baltimore Ravens: Kelvin Taylor, RB, Florida
131. Baltimore Ravens (projected compensatory selection - WR Torrey Smith): Rees Odhiambo, OG/OT, Boise State
132. San Francisco 49ers (projected compensatory selection - CB Chris Culliver): Cre'von LeBlanc, CB, Florida Atlantic
133. Baltimore Ravens (projected compensatory selection - OLB Pernell McPhee): Dadi Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech
134. Denver Broncos (projected compensatory selection - OG Orlando Franklin): John Theus, OT, Georgia
135. Green Bay Packers (projected compensatory selection - CB Tramon Williams): Javon Hargrave, DT, South Carolina State
136. Dallas Cowboys (projected compensatory selection - OT Jermey Parnell): Roger Lewis, WR, Bowling Green
137. Cleveland Browns (projected compensatory selection - CB Buster Skrine): Charles Tapper, DE, Oklahoma
138. Green Bay Packers (projected compensatory selection - CB Davon House): Jordan Payton, WR, UCLA
139. Arizona Cardinals (projected compensatory selection - DT Dan Williams): D.J. White, CB, Georgia Tech
Prospects worthy of selection in Rounds 1-4

Deiondre' Hall, DB, Northern Iowa
Bryce Williams, TE, East Carolina
Max Tuerk, C, USC
Landon Turner, OG, North Carolina
Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU
Tyler Matakevich, ILB, Temple
Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri
Juston Burris, CB, North Carolina State
Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia
Jonathan Jones, CB, Auburn