2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Collins got first round pub before this past season. He got lost in this crazy DT draft but you're way underselling him. We actually drafted a 310 pound DT, I'm thrilled.
That is the point.

He got "lost". We got cute with better talent on the board.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
He ran a terrible 40 but that dude has some of the best balls skills of any safety in this draft.
He didn't just run a terrible 40. In every single test he graded out among the bottom of all DBs. Plus, if you watched him in college, he blew coverages left and right. He grades out as a late 4th, early 5th at best and the Giants wasted a 3rd on him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
My problem with Collins is he's a former line mate of Gregory. I don't know anything about his character, but I don't want Gregory getting comfortable with old buddies and reverting back to old behaviors.
Reverting back? I don't think he ever changed from them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Don't play with my emotions. I already love the player, I don't need to have expectations for him this season.
What kind of knee problem is it and has there been a surgical procedure?

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Exactly, I agree. I wouldn't hate Cook next, but honestly I would rather get all defense the rest of this draft, then next year do what it takes to move up and get a franchise QB.
Gruden said Cook could be best in class. Can't argue with the guy's record as a starter.

I'd make a move for him if he falls much further

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
While Jaylon Smith surprised the hell out of me, I'm liking our draft so far.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly, I agree. I wouldn't hate Cook next, but honestly I would rather get all defense the rest of this draft, then next year do what it takes to move up and get a franchise QB.
I'd rather not sell the farm to move up and draft Michael Vick lite next year.

I just don't see the QBs in next years class as worth the risk. I'd rather take a shot on Cook this year. He is starting to have a McCaron type fall with a McCaron type skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom