Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
With quick hitting offenses like the Pats it kind of decreases the importance of the offensive line. Those quick pick plays they run totally negate the pass rush. It's also why you can't survive on defense by just having a great pass rush. Takes a lot more to stop the pass then just that.

For the Cowboys though I think the offensive line is far more important. We don't run a quick hitting offense. Simply put, most of our pass plays take longer to develop and that makes our offensive line that much more important. Additionally Romo is the kind of QB who likes to hold the ball a little longer to get the big plays. He is a master of working in the pocket and a great offensive line is a perfect compliment for his style of play.
Romo would have been just fine in a quick hitting offense. People were just saying in the gameday threat how they missed his ability to win that LOS chess match and get the clutch first down. He's no Tom Brady, but in Sean Payton or Bill Belichick's offense he'd be damned productive.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I know, I just don't really follow LT's logic on this one.
Carr is way overpaid for his production and Claiborne hasn't really delivered and is injured again. Why not clean house since both situations are deemed problematic by some? It's a simple premise or at least it seems to be.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Carr is way overpaid for his production and Claiborne hasn't really delivered and is injured again. Why not clean house since both situations are deemed problematic by some? It's a simple premise or at least it seems to be.
The problem is Claiborne has been at least solid as a starter for most of this season.

If you clean house that's fine but now you suddenly need to find a couple starting caliber corners. They aren't always that easy to find and most of them are overpaid for in free agency. So if you don't find a stud in free agency or use that first round pick on a corner, you're not upgrading over Claiborne. I think most would rather spend our money to resign Hardy then to shell out 10+ mil per year to a free agent corner

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romo would have been just fine in a quick hitting offense. People were just saying in the gameday threat how they missed his ability to win that LOS chess match and get the clutch first down. He's no Tom Brady, but in Sean Payton or Bill Belichick's offense he'd be damned productive.
Romo would be really good in any NFL offense to be fair. I have no doubt about that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The problem is Claiborne has been at least solid as a starter for most of this season.

If you clean house that's fine but now you suddenly need to find a couple starting caliber corners. They aren't always that easy to find and most of them are overpaid for in free agency. So if you don't find a stud in free agency or use that first round pick on a corner, you're not upgrading over Claiborne. I think most would rather spend our money to resign Hardy then to shell out 10+ mil per year to a free agent corner
I would do it after the season. Claiborne may become a decent player who knows but so far he has been injured or played badly until this season. I suppose it's a matter of whether you are willing to gamble that he will continue to improve and won't have an injury prone disposition. For me I had rather find a replacement. It's a matter of rolling the dice either way.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would do it after the season. Claiborne may become a decent player who knows but so far he has been injured or played badly until this season. I suppose it's a matter of whether you are willing to gamble that he will continue to improve and won't have an injury prone disposition. For me I had rather find a replacement. It's a matter of rolling the dice either way.
And that's fine, I just happen to think you created a desperate corner situation where we end up handing out a big contract to a corner or using a top pick on one.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And that's fine, I just happen to think you created a desperate corner situation where we end up handing out a big contract to a corner or using a top pick on one.
That could happen. Obviously you would want to review the free agent market and draft prospects before you pulled the plug.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If you're looking for some entertainment, search Twitter for #askjerryjones. NFLN started the question session and it backfired big time.

dallen

Senior Tech

:lol

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
It's like CFR except exactly the opposite.

Cotton

Staff member
To ban or not to ban, that is the question.

:unsure

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
My blood is red and it boils on gameday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom