Now That The Cowboys Are Out Of It....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Forgot about Moore. He is Linehan's boy. Play him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forgot about Moore. He is Linehan's boy. Play him.
I hate Kellen Moore from college but I'd play him. At least find out something about him so you can dump him if he blows donkey nuts. If not then maybe he is worth keeping around next year. You already know what Cassell is. He is a decent backup with a noodle arm.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would like to evaluate:

1)Kellen Moore - I have zero idea of what he brings and now is a great time to find out.

2) Also, a healthy dose of all running backs not named McFadden, Turbin already looking good. No idea on the other two. Now's the time.
Yeah I personally would use Turbin like a feature back and see what he can do. He is young enough that if he looks good you can roll woth him next year. Might as well get these questions answered now so it's not an unknown during the offseason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I personally would use Turbin like a feature back and see what he can do. He is young enough that if he looks good you can roll woth him next year. Might as well get these questions answered now so it's not an unknown during the offseason.
I don't have any issue with giving Turbin more work, but I don't think he is a feature guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't have any issue with giving Turbin more work, but I don't think he is a feature guy.
The nice thing about giving him those carries is we shouldn't have to debate that in the offseason then.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The nice thing about giving him those carries is we shouldn't have to debate that in the offseason then.
Even if he is no more than quality depth. He already appears to be an improvement over Randle. And I assume Dunbar stays in place.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
While it will be hard to watch the remainder of this shit show season, it's clear we need to focus on the future. This is now a part of the 2016 preseason, and I think we need to be in full eval mode. Early focus on the draft and free agency is my Cowboys mode. Otherwise I will hope for perhaps the Cardinals to end the Panthers bid for a Super Bowl run. That, and whomever can knock the Patriots on their ass.

oh, and I think I don't have to worry about wanting to lose out for draft position, cause I think we will lose out anyway. I hope Garrett can be held to account for his part in this debacle, but I think that's not happening.
That's all fine but with the mindset that as long as Jones is in control things aren't going to get any better, what's the point of wishing for losses to get a better draft position or trying to upgrade positions or coaching staff, etc. It's a contradiction to want to try to get better situated if you think Jones will just screw it up or the staff is inadequate to apply upgrades to the team?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Even if he is no more than quality depth. He already appears to be an improvement over Randle. And I assume Dunbar stays in place.
That's another horrible side effect from this season. Dunbar's play, which was basically like a season Aveion Cason had once, is somehow something to hang our hat on.

I'd blow up everything and everybody that we thought we had at the position and start over. Dunbar included. At the very least, nobody is guaranteed a job next year. Not one.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's another horrible side effect from this season. Dunbar's play, which was basically like a season Aveion Cason had once, is somehow something to hang our hat on.

I'd blow up everything and everybody that we thought we had at the position and start over. Dunbar included. At the very least, nobody is guaranteed a job next year. Not one.
And the soundness of that logic is the very reason it won't happen. It makes way too much sense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not really sure what I want to see the rest of the season. I'm so fed up it's ridiculous. These dillholes (especially Garrett) made me release my inner homer, only to be crushed all over again. I'm back to where I was before last year. With very little hope for our future. I was really hoping after last year that Garrett would just clap a lot on the sidelines and let the real coaches win in spite of him. But, it looks like he really just can't get out of his own way.

As far as what I would like to see from the team... I would like to see Moore get some PT to see what we have in him. And I would like to see Turbin get a ton of carries. We need to see just how durable he can be and what he looks like after teams have ample tape on him. But, really, at this point, I don't really give a fuck. The Jones' and Garrett have shown up they can't win shit without Romo and Romo is almost gone, so...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I want to see an empty stadium and massive booing of Jerry and Jason anytime they're put on the Jerrytron.

I still think we'll be good again next year, because this roster is very talented. A massive dose of humble pie is exactly what this team needs to succeed later on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I want to see an empty stadium and massive booing of Jerry and Jason anytime they're put on the Jerrytron.

I still think we'll be good again next year, because this roster is very talented. A massive dose of humble pie is exactly what this team needs to succeed later on.
The only time they will be humbled is if they are picking at the top of the draft. Like I said before, they will probably find a way to eff that up too.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's not.

It's like people have never seen a team lose their starting QB for the year before.

Whoa there.

You've been given a gift here like the Colts when Manning was lost for that season. You can get a free shot at a high end QB potentially.

You don't pass that up for LB help unless it's Lawrence Taylor and maybe not even then.
Except Andrew Luck isn't coming out this year, and probably noone close to that type of talent. I'd almost rather take a chance in the 2nd round on a Dalton type than pass on, say, a top 5 elite pass rusher or WR.

Top Bottom