Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Same here. I think Goff will be the top QB and go to Cleveland though. Then we either take a big chance on Lynch or play it safe with a defensive player or Treadwell. We need a future franchise QB but can't afford a bust in the first especially drafting in the top 5.
If Cleveland hires a defensive coach (especially a 4-3 one like Schwartz) I think there's a very decent chance they follow the Oakland model and go Bosa at 2 and then look for a QB in the 2nd or with a trade up into the late 1st. You can argue the wisdom of that but I think it's a distinct possibility if they hire a defensive coach.

Even if they hire an offensive coach I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Lynch. He has a bigger arm than Goff, which is important with how they will be playing in the cold/wind of Cleveland, Pittsburgh and such, and he is physically reminiscent of the two SB winning QB's in their division, Roethlisberger and Flacco.

Goff is probably my first choice at QB right now and he could definitely go to Cleveland but I think it's very far from a sure thing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Now you can think of all the possibilities. It's time to Goff by yourself and be quiet.
You used the same one two times in a row. That's a penalty.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Unfunnah war in progress.

Back out of the thread slowly, people.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The Seahawks and Panthers both run offenses that I think Lynch would be successful in, I don't think Mike Shula and Darrell Bevell were any kind of originators of schemes that emphasize a mobile QB, they previously ran very traditional NFL offenses in fact I believe. They're just creative enough to know how to accentuate the positives of the QB's they have and integrate their ability to run/throw on the move into the offense, without just asking them to make throws standing 7 yards straight behind the center every play.

I don't think it's a stretch to find a coordinator to implement an offense like that, it's just a stretch to ask idiot Garrett to do anything resembling that.
Wilson played in a Pro style offense and Cam is just a freak and for the record I was not a fan when he came out.

I do agree that more coaches seem to be able to adapt but that's just another question mark that I would not want when drafting a QB that high.

Goff always had the pedigree so it's easier to be comfortable with him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wilson played in a Pro style offense and Cam is just a freak and for the record I was not a fan when he came out.

I do agree that more coaches seem to be able to adapt but that's just another question mark that I would not want when drafting a QB that high.

Goff always had the pedigree so it's easier to be comfortable with him.
Goff is probably the most pro ready. He has had the most exposure to the concepts. It is pretty easy to see that he has a leg up on reading defenses and so on.

Lynch has that Roethlisberger type athleticism and nothing close to the maturity level.

Yeah, if both are there for the picking, it is probably Goff for me.

Thing is, what does the organization want? What you or I prefer is pretty much just for bitch sessions on the internet.

It should be interesting to see how they discuss these guys as it goes along. I predict a huge lovefest for Wentz if we have him in the Senior Bowl. Huge. Ungodly.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If Cleveland hires a defensive coach (especially a 4-3 one like Schwartz) I think there's a very decent chance they follow the Oakland model and go Bosa at 2 and then look for a QB in the 2nd or with a trade up into the late 1st. You can argue the wisdom of that but I think it's a distinct possibility if they hire a defensive coach.

Even if they hire an offensive coach I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Lynch. He has a bigger arm than Goff, which is important with how they will be playing in the cold/wind of Cleveland, Pittsburgh and such, and he is physically reminiscent of the two SB winning QB's in their division, Roethlisberger and Flacco.

Goff is probably my first choice at QB right now and he could definitely go to Cleveland but I think it's very far from a sure thing.
It's hard to really say what Cleveland will do, especially since they are so fricked up organizationally ever since Haslam bought them. From the coaching hires and changes to drafting Johnny Football to just today hiring a guy from the NY Mets to be their 'chief strategy officer'. They don't even know what sport they play.

i could see them opt for one of the two QB's and whichever one they choose may not be the top prospect knowing them. And like you said they could even go with Bosa. They could use an edge pass rusher and it doesn't hurt that he is an instate prospect from Ohio St. He's a good player and could help with fan excitement by taking the local favorite.

It'll be interesting to see how it all progresses this spring. I just hope we don't sign one of the overhyped QB's and then decide to pass on QB because we think we're set at the position for a few years.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You might be able to see Wentz this Saturday. It hasn't been disclosed whether he will play in the Championship game here in Frisco. I hope I am up to watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom