Legalize all drugs yes or no

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It sure would be awesome to be able to get a bunch of cowshit and grow my own mushrooms without fear of the law.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't distinguish. Impaired is impaired. The thread however states drugs so that could be weed or something else. I just have a thing about impaired drivers.
The point I was making is that there are widely varying degrees of impaired.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The point I was making is that there are widely varying degrees of impaired.
I understand what you are saying. I don't know where the line is for legal impairment but I still think it is dangerous for someone be behind the wheel.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I understand what you are saying. I don't know where the line is for legal impairment but I still think it is dangerous for someone be behind the wheel.
We already have laws against driving impaired. Why ruin someone's life fir smoking weed if they choose in their own homes . There is no evidence, as I assume you fear, that their will be an outbreak of people driving high if it's legalized.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We already have laws against driving impaired. Why ruin someone's life fir smoking weed if they choose in their own homes . There is no evidence, as I assume you fear, that their will be an outbreak of people driving high if it's legalized.
I haven't said anything about smoking in their homes or anything else in their homes. I have been quite clear about my position. It is driving impaired whether from drugs or alcohol.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:tippytoe

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I say we take everyone's license away. LT's because he's too old, 2233's because vegetarianism proves he has impaired judgement, everyone else for drinking.

jeebs

Brand New Member
By the way, with regular use marijuana does not impair driving. Nazi fags.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
By the way, with regular use marijuana does not impair driving. Nazi fags.
Driven drunk and driven stoned. Let's just say going five miles and hour and ending up at a Taco Bell drive thru is not as dangerous as flipping a car over.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

2233boys

Not So New Member
I haven't said anything about smoking in their homes or anything else in their homes. I have been quite clear about my position. It is driving impaired whether from drugs or alcohol.
You implied it in post 8. Then backed away saying it was only DUI you had a problem with. I get that no else is ok with it either. We already have laws for DUI, and I have no issue with making them harsher. My point was it seems to me that you are worried that if drugs are legalized we'd have an outbreak of DUI. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I get from your posts. I'm just saying if that's your worry it shouldn't be. DUI is already illegal.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You implied it in post 8. Then backed away saying it was only DUI you had a problem with. I get that no else is ok with it either. We already have laws for DUI, and I have no issue with making them harsher. My point was it seems to me that you are worried that if drugs are legalized we'd have an outbreak of DUI. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I get from your posts. I'm just saying if that's your worry it shouldn't be. DUI is already illegal.
I have already gone over this same drill a while back as I said. I am not going over it again so just take my word or it. My problem with drugs and alcohol is impaired drivers. If you don't think there will be more impaired drivers I guess you can wait and see what happens in the legalized states.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I have already gone over this same drill a while back as I said. I am not going over it again so just take my word or it. My problem with drugs and alcohol is impaired drivers. If you don't think there will be more impaired drivers I guess you can wait and see what happens in the legalized states.
If you aren't willing to go into why post in the thread. I understand impaired driving but we have laws for it, and your fears about it increasing are just that your fears. It isn't a reasonable reason to try and tell another American they can't use drugs or alcohol.

It is the same argument I could use for more gun control if I was so inclined. I'm afraid that easy access to guns causes more murders you shouldn't be able to own a gun . See how irrational that is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If you aren't willing to go into why post in the thread. I understand impaired driving but we have laws for it, and your fears about it increasing are just that your fears. It isn't a reasonable reason to try and tell another American they can't use drugs or alcohol.

It is the same argument I could use for more gun control if I was so inclined. I'm afraid that easy access to guns causes more murders you shouldn't be able to own a gun . See how irrational that is.
Did I say you can't use drugs? Use all you want even to the point of not being able to walk. Just stay from behind the wheel. Having laws against being impaired while driving hasn't been enough. Users and drinkers still get on the roads. I just don't want any more on the roads. You have my position so I see no point in addressing me further on the subject.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Did I say you can't use drugs? Use all you want even to the point of not being able to walk. Just stay from behind the wheel. Having laws against being impaired while driving hasn't been enough. Users and drinkers still get on the roads. I just don't want any more on the roads. You have my position so I see no point in addressing me further on the subject.
I don't use drugs or alcohol but thanks for your approval. You ceretainly implied you didn't think people should be doing drugs. Your reasoning behind not leagalizing drugs isn't rational. You want to restrict personal freedom because of something that may happen. It's the same as people wanting to restrict gun ownership because someone may go on a shooting spree. I get not wanting people driving under the influence. I think the answer is making the penalties stiffer and not encroaching on personal freedom.

I understand it's likely a generational issue. We are on two completely different sides of this debate and we aren't ever going to agree. Thanks for participating.

townsend

Banned
De criminalization seems like a more important start. Don't make the criminal justice system pay room and board for somebody who doesn't need to be in prison.

I like the idea of clinics that can give their addict enough of a drug to get them through. Much rather someone struggling with addiction gets help instead of sucking cock in an alley for something cut with rat poison, or breaking into someone's house.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
In addition to legalizing all drugs, I'd eliminate minimum age limits for drinking and smoking.

That's a waste of money and resources as well.
Sure, letting minors make adult decisions like that for themselves sounds like a brilliant idea. :dunce

Some kids are going to do it anyway but there is no way it should be legal for them to obtain those things for themselves. If they want to drink and smoke they should be forced to go through the hassle of getting someone of age to purchase it for them and they should have to fear the consequences of getting caught.

Cotton

Staff member
From my experience as an attorney the worst drivers are the ones who smoke synthetic weed. Just saying.
And synthetic weed has been linked to college football players jumping out of windows. Your point?

Cotton

Staff member
Sure, letting minors make adult decisions like that for themselves sounds like a brilliant idea. :dunce

Some kids are going to do it anyway but there is no way it should be legal for them to obtain those things for themselves. If they want to drink and smoke they should be forced to go through the hassle of getting someone of age to purchase it for them and they should have to fear the consequences of getting caught.
Agreed. I'm just hoping Phil is playing devil's advocate here.

townsend

Banned
I tried that synthetic shit once. Fuck. That. Getting rid of that garbage is one of a million reasons weed should be legalized.

Top Bottom