Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
twss

Cotton

Staff member

It really is a good question. One that I can't really answer outside of "It's my team, and I won't let him ruin that."

Although, he already kinda has to a degree.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

It really is a good question. One that I can't really answer outside of "It's my team, and I won't let him ruin that."

Although, he already kinda has to a degree.
He must have forgotten what a true fan is. You support your team regardless of down times. You invest your emotions in them because they are your team. It's much like family support. They are part of you.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I doubt any of us are emotionally invested like we were in the past. I know its really killed my passion for the games. I still watch most of the games but now its usually watching while doing something else around the house. Some of the late night ones I don't even finish anymore. Why bother when its the same thing? If I want to be entertained I will watch one of my favorite movies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
My emotional investment has taken a severe hit.

I'm still interested in the team and hope they do well but the days of me being completely consumed with all things Cowboys are long gone.

I used to read all the articles from DC.com, DMN, and DC Weekly. And when camp started I'd read those long play-by-play recaps of that day's practice report.

Last year I didn't bother reading a single one of those play-by-play reports from camp. I think I just skimmed articles to get an idea of whose stock was up or down.

I guess I just finally came to grips with the fact that things won't improve until certain individuals no longer make decisions for the organization.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I enjoy following the Cowboys just as much as I did 30 years ago. I'm happy when they win, pissed when they lose. But either way, ten minutes after the game is over, it's over. Yeah, it stinks that they've been stuck in neutral for so long, but it's still just entertainment. I can't figure out how people can let a game get them so worked up that they stomp around pissed off for days. People claim they get enraged over things they read or hear on TV? Seriously? IMO, if a game is affecting you that strongly, you might want to step back and think some things over.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I enjoy following the Cowboys just as much as I did 30 years ago. I'm happy when they win, pissed when they lose. But either way, ten minutes after the game is over, it's over. Yeah, it stinks that they've been stuck in neutral for so long, but it's still just entertainment. I can't figure out how people can let a game get them so worked up that they stomp around pissed off for days. People claim they get enraged over things they read or hear on TV? Seriously? IMO, if a game is affecting you that strongly, you might want to step back and think some things over.
Yeppers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He must have forgotten what a true fan is. You support your team regardless of down times. You invest your emotions in them because they are your team. It's much like family support. They are part of you.
I agree, but it is harder and harder to support with nearly blind enthusiasm. Now it kind of evolves to a sense of morbid curiosity from time to time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What you're saying is true but it's different down south where football is like religion.

1bigfan13

Staff member
When do the Cowboys start popping hamstrings?

It just doesn't feel like a Cowboys' camp until the first hamstring or groin pops.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When do the Cowboys start popping hamstrings?

It just doesn't feel like a Cowboys' camp until the first hamstring or groin pops.
I don't think we confirmed Matt Johnson participated.

Cotton

Staff member
What you're saying is true but it's different down south where football is like religion.
I used to let a loss completely ruin the rest of my Sunday, but anymore I get mad, and then am over it within the hour, if it even takes that long.

Cotton

Staff member
I'll just leave this here:

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

wut

Cotton

Staff member

Wait a fucking minute, we knew he still planned on playing and released him anyway? WTF kinda sense does that make?

Cotton

Staff member

:picard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom