2015 Season | Super Bowl L | Carolina Panthers vs Denver Bronces | 2/7/2016

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And Garrett is not? Dude Garrett is horrible, he couldn't show a man how to piss standing up!
Nonsense. He could stand a man over a moving toilet bowl, tell him he needs to sit, then bemoan the fact he did not execute the task properly. Then clap encouragement instead of thinking of a way to solve the issue when the guy pisses on his feet.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I agree with you about wade being a bad head coach. You lost me when you said Garrett as backup QB meant as much as wade's contributions this year. Claim hyperbole and we can move on.
Well obviously it was hyperbole, I meant it as if to say "who gives a shit."

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Pretty much. Funny that anyone would think this vindicates him.
I don't think they are saying this vindicates him as a good HC at all. Just that he is better than Garrett.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Manning was not paid anything by Busweiser but he owns a stake in 2 Anheiser Busch distributors, so that is probably why he mentioned it.

townsend

Banned
In 4 years Wade had 3 win in seasons, 2 NFC east titled, and the first playoff win for the Cowboys in 16 years.
He wasn't great, but seeing as how it took Garrett 4 years to have his first and only winning season, which was followed by a season just as bad as Wade's worst season. It's pretTy obvious that Garrett is worse. Of course he's probably worse than Campo too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Pure record counting means Wade was the winningest coach in Cowboys history so excuse me for putting no stock into whatever record he accumulated on Parcells' coattails.

Wade was a career loser as a head coach because of how he allowed his teams to be run (and I say "allow" because he did very little running of the team himself), and he proved it over and over and over again. The guy does everything the wrong way.

The smart money would take literally any coach in the league over that guy. Even if you thought Garrett was the second worst.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Let's not confuse this. Wade Phillips as head coach spelled doom for us.

Rev

Staff member
Let's not confuse this. Wade Phillips as head coach spelled doom for us.
Oh I think we all know that. Replacing that with worse crap is what the argument is now.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd put Garrett somewhere in the Gailey range. Not good enough to win with flawed personnel. Better than Campo pretty clearly.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Wade's disgraceful string of failures as a head coach every stop he's ever been at earns him the right to show his ass to exactly no one. Garrett could flash his bling as a backup QB and it would mean about as much.

But hey, everyone shit on Garrett some more because that is what the cool kids do.
His defense destroyed the offense that was running NFL defenses out of the building. Wade Phillips will be a better coach than Garrett forever no matter how much dick you want to suck and he has the proof.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
His defense destroyed the offense that was running NFL offenses out of the building. Wade Phillips will be a better coach than Garrett forever no matter how much dick you want to suck and he has the proof.
Stay classy, Clay.

We're talking about head coach not coordinator. Gosh, I am so gay for Garrett I compared him to Chan fucking Gailey.

townsend

Banned
I'd put Garrett somewhere in the Gailey range. Not good enough to win with flawed personnel. Better than Campo pretty clearly.
How clearly is that? Campo had Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson and never went 4-12. Garrett can't win a game without one of the most efficient QBs in NFL history. 5-11 is still way better than 1-11

data

Forbes #1
Stay classy, Clay.

We're talking about head coach not coordinator. Gosh, I am so gay for Garrett I compared him to Chan fucking Gailey.
Btw, it was nice having you in Gameday chatter. You plan on joining us again in 2016?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How clearly is that? Campo had Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson and never went 4-12. Garrett can't win a game without one of the most efficient QBs in NFL history. 5-11 is still way better than 1-11
Really, he can't win a game without Romo? Did I imagine him going 5-3 with Kitna in 2010?

I love how everyone's evidence is that he has a horrible season without his starting QB and his #1 receiver playing on one leg. Yeah no coach has ever struggled under those circumstances before.

All I have to go on with Campo is taking crap talent and getting crap results. We've seen Garrett take decent talent and get decent results, and good talent and get good results, which is on par with more than one coach in this league who managed to have multiple stops.

So we have no idea what Campo would have done but I think the rest of the league spoke pretty definitively about how they viewed him once he was gone from here. Plus his clown show demeanor doesn't instill confidence.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
I didn't get to see his postgame. How was he a punk?
His attitude was showing. Hoodie pulled over his head and doing the one word monotone answers. It was just a poutfest.

Top Bottom