LOL @ the Redskins

jeebs

Brand New Member
Why does it bother you that it is offensive to me? Different things are offensive to different people. It's a diverse world.
It doesn't bother me, I used to smoke for many years so I am just trying to understand how it offended you. From my perspective it doesn't make sense so I thought maybe I could ask a question and learn something.

If I said pizza offends, and you accepted that as a legitimate point of view, wouldn't you want to know why?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It doesn't bother me, I used to smoke for many years so I am just trying to understand how it offended you. From my perspective it doesn't make sense so I thought maybe I could ask a question and learn something.

If I said pizza offends, and you accepted that as a legitimate point of view, wouldn't you want to know why?
Not necessarily. It's just offensive to me because I don't approve. I don't approve because because I choose to think that it takes something away from someone's senses. I see no need to use something that has the potential to impair one's senses. That's about as succinct as I can put it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not necessarily. It's just offensive to me because I don't approve. I don't approve because because I choose to think that it takes something away from someone's senses. I see no need to use something that has the potential to impair one's senses. That's about as succinct as I can put it.
Is that how you look at alcohol?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
In the prior topic racism was involved in the mascot discussion but the current garfuffle switched to pot. I might add these comments were in April. I guess someone felt like stirring the pot. Pardon the pun. :art
Yeah, well, I was preserving the context of your original comment.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I don't disagree wih any of that, i might suggest that offend is the wrong word, unacceptable maybe...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't disagree wih any of that, i might suggest that offend is the wrong word, unacceptable maybe...
Offend is a word thrown around way too lightly today. Just like with the word Redskins.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am actually offended to think someone may get in a vehicle while impaired and injury or kill someone. Possibly even me. It's tough enough just navigating without adding unfavorable circumstances. You can extend this to such things a equipment operators and so on. I can honestly say that voluntarily imparing one's self has offensive connotations to me. That's just the way I am and I doubt I will change. If that is considered old fashioned then so be it.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I am actually offended to think someone may get in a vehicle while impaired and injury or kill someone. Possibly even me. It's tough enough just navigating without adding unfavorable circumstances. You can extend this to such things a equipment operators and so on. I can honestly say that voluntarily imparing one's self has offensive connotations to me. That's just the way I am and I doubt I will change. If that is considered old fashioned then so be it.
I guess I now understand your use of the term (and respect it, amigo).

But I wouldn't worry to much about the dangers of driving high, though I have a feeling it lowers GDP about like hookworms.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

It's more than a little ridiculous to compare weed and pizza in that context.

jeebs

Brand New Member
It's more than a little ridiculous to compare weed and pizza in that context.
Why? He is offended that a person puts a substance in their body that degrades them. Pizza and weed both manage to do that and still have absolutely nothing to do with the observer.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why? He is offended that a person puts a substance in their body that degrades them. Pizza and weed both manage to do that and still have absolutely nothing to do with the observer.
Weed and pizza disable you equally?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nyquil is offending?
For clarity: People who deliberately impair their senses then compromise others offends me. No need to take it any further than that. I should think I am not alone n this position. Why bring up ridiculous examples. It's pretty straight forward.

D

Deuce

For clarity: People who deliberately impair their senses then compromise others offends me. No need to take it any further than that. I should think I am not alone n this position. Why bring up ridiculous examples. It's pretty straight forward.
That, I agree with. But that wasn't what you initially said. If someone smokes or drinks and then drives I fully support any harsh penalties because they are putting inocent lives at risk.

But if you smoke in your home and plan to just relax the rest of the night, go for it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That, I agree with. But that wasn't what you initially said. If someone smokes or drinks and then drives I fully support any harsh penalties because they are putting inocent lives at risk.

But if you smoke in your home and plan to just relax the rest of the night, go for it.
I didn't qualify it one way or another. The thought occurs to me however, that if you smoke at home you may be likely to smoke while driving. Either way it's something that is a total turn off to me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
What turns you on LT...tell it to me slow.

Top Bottom