Divisional Round Playoff Chatter | Cowboys vs Packers | 1/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Should we have blitzed more? Yes, Rodgers shreds the blitz normally. But does a one legged Rodgers shred the blitz?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Outplayed, but the Packers out-sealed-the-dealed us. The Packers got the inches we couldn't.
That's it right there.

It sucks to lose a game that we could have and probably should have won, and it's even tougher because you have so many plays to look back on that probably would have sealed it for us.

But the biggest reason why we lost is because Green Bay made more plays, and that defense's weaknesses - the lack of pass rush and poor pass coverage - finally caught up to us like most of us knew it would.

Tough loss that's gonna stung for a bit, but this was a successful and productive season and the funnest one we've enjoyed in a really long time. They built character and mental toughness that could be they key in getting to a Super Bowl next year if we can get the defensive pieces we need.

For the first time in a long time, I'm proud of my team at the end of a season, and that is what I'll remember about the 2014 Cowboys.

dallen

Senior Tech
Planning for what?

When the inner machinations of the fix in the NFL game come to show themselves from game to game?
Resigning Dez, figuring out the running back position. Getting this defense sorted out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought the two steps that Dez took after securing ball were football moves.

That play and our failure to recover Cobb's fumble on the KR were the two biggest plays of the game, IMO.
I don't think he was ever even going to the ground as part of the catch. He caught the ball and then basically dove past the defender.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Should we have blitzed more? Yes, Rodgers shreds the blitz normally. But does a one legged Rodgers shred the blitz?
Yes.

Our blitzes weren't getting there and if we couldn't cover with 7 and 8 dropping, there's no way we would've stopped them with 5 or less in coverage.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Still trying to get this.

So.

The ball never touches the ground.

And it is incomplete?

Help me out here, because I am really fucking struggling here.
The ball did hit the ground and moved, while Bryant's hands were on it. I think that it was ready secured, but they invoked that stupid rule about securing it THROUGH a football move.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The pass earlier to Cobb clearly touched the ground and hey, it was called complete.

WILL THERE BE A BUNCH OF FUCKING PUSSY FAGGOTS WHINING ABOUT THAT ALL WEEK? DOUBT IT!

GODFUCKING DAMMIT

D

Deuce

Still trying to get this.

So.

The ball never touches the ground.

And it is incomplete?

Help me out here, because I am really fucking struggling here.
It touched the ground when he extended his arm. Ball popped loose briefly and that caused it to be incomplete. Needed to hold it tight after it touched the ground.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
AND THE BALL DID NOT TOUCH THE GROUND.
That's the problem I have. You can't really tell the ball hit the ground and he ends up with the ball in his hands in the endzone. You can only over-rule that if you can see it hit the ground and I never saw that.

Lotuseater

Banned
if I was Dez Bryant, I'd be getting drunk off my ass tonight...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Resigning Dez, figuring out the running back position. Getting this defense sorted out.
Waiting for when the fix is in for us or against us.

Sorry, this game really disenchanted me.

Clear to me that the game is not decided by the competition on the field anymore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope our players use this as motivation during the offseason because it's bullshit. I guess if you want to beat a team like the Packers in the playoffs you better literally beat the shit out of them because if it's a close game you know who the refs will hand the game to.

Hawkeye

Brand New Member
The pass earlier to Cobb clearly touched the ground and hey, it was called complete.
A lot of inconsistency on the calling. Cobb was given the benefit of the doubt and the Bryant catch was not given the benefit of common sense. Very perplexing.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The shitty thing is I actually think Bryant took 3 steps.

Which means that football move rule should be out the window.

Lotuseater

Banned
Meanwhile, we probably lose Linehan, Marinelli and Murray this off season. Future looking bleak.

data

Forbes #1
For QBs, sometimes it's a thin line between champ and chump.

Eli gets David Tyree and Romo gets Gene Steratore.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It touched the ground when he extended his arm. Ball popped loose briefly and that caused it to be incomplete. Needed to hold it tight after it touched the ground.
The problem is, it was called a catch on the field, and you can't tell for damn sure that the ball hit the ground on the replay. It was a terrible call even how the rules stand now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom