Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is 100 percent on Jerry. Ware is in decline and we have no pass rush. We gave Carr big money to be a shutdown corner and he's been avg at best. Lee is always hurt and the dline besides Hatcher are backups. You have backups on the line and backups at safety and we are getting shredded.
Pretty much this.

The guy just doesn't provide an environment that anyone can succeed in. We had one of the greatest head coaches to ever coach the game come here, and he couldn't get over the hump either. He undermines by creating a circus/hollywood atmosphere that coaches have to fight against to try to establish a better culture, he is horrendous at picking personnel, and he has no long term coherent vision that is worth a damn as he's constantly switching organizational philosophies, thereby creating an instability that fosters losing (switching from 3-4 to 4-3 for no good reason, picking a defensive coordinator who is 73 and thus very short term, and having him try to coach Zone to the press corners you just spent a fortune on the last offseason, letting your head coach spend primo assets on gadget players in the 2nd round and then not using them).

There's no rhyme or reason to any of it. Everything is disjointed from the top, and it trickles down. And it shows on the field. No coach will be able to correct this mess, ultimately, because it goes over their head. Maybe a couple more regular season wins or a playoff win here or there, but this team will never truly contend with things the way they are, unless Jerry seriously changes. And good luck with that.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
in addition to making a career backup look like Peyton Manning, they never forced a punt. They let the Bears score on every possession. Romo and company couldn't even get on the field long enough to get into a rrhythm what else could have been done?
Sorry, I've been told the offense not able to get on the field and get into a rhythm is a fabrication that I just made up.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't know about "long" before. The first time they got the ball after halftime, they were down 27-14.

My memory of that drive is that they ran it twice then Romo threw an incomplete on third down and they punted (so that's not "abandoning" the run). By time they got the ball again it was 35-14.

Maybe not 28, but you get the point. Down 35-14, you can't stick to the run. I don't see how thats "long before" they were down 28.
They gave up on the run before halftime when they were down three.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Yeah, because this offense is so good. It's the same offense for seven years, yet it's gotten progressively worse each year. It's predictable, they can't execute, and they commit penalty after penalty at the worst times.. Yes I know the defense blows, but those three and outs the offense had could have helped out the defense and kept them off the field for a while.
We didn't force a punt. You can't expect to win on the road when the defense plays this bad.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, because this offense is so good. It's the same offense for seven years, yet it's gotten progressively worse each year. It's predictable, they can't execute, and they commit penalty after penalty at the worst times.. Yes I know the defense blows, but those three and outs the offense had could have helped out the defense and kept them off the field for a while.
What three and outs? In the first half we had 2 long TD drives. One took up half a quarter, for chrissakes. And we still let up 24 points in the half.

There is no argument whatsoever that the offense put the defense in a bad position. You can't even say punting the ball back to the Bears with a minute left in the half is a bad position. It's football... make a stop. Or at least hold them to three. It happens. Sometimes you have to play defense before a half ends, shocking as it is.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They gave up on the run before halftime when they were down three.
That's not giving up on the run. It's a two minute offense. Calling a couple passes isn't "giving up on the run" in that situation.

They went back to it to start the second half as well, which kind of defeats your point there.

data

Forbes #1
4th worst defense in yards/game allowed in NFL History:

1. 1950 Colts - 450 yards
2. 2012 Saints - 440
3. 1950 Yanks - 435
4. 2013 Cowboys - 427

Genghis Khan

in addition to making a career backup look like Peyton Manning, they never forced a punt. They let the Bears score on every possession. Romo and company couldn't even get on the field long enough to get into a rrhythm what else could have been done?
I know this is your Romo homer defense kicking in but the defense sucking is not a valid defense of the offense.

Genghis Khan

Yes I know the defense blows, but those three and outs the offense had could have helped out the defense and kept them off the field for a while.

Correct. For some reason not everyone wants to acknowledge that though.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I know this is your Romo homer defense kicking in but the defense sucking is not a valid defense of the offense.
But the offense didn't suck. It put up 21 points in the early fourth quarter and was therefore probably on pace for at least an average showing if the defense hadn't put it at such a disadvantage.

Genghis Khan

Sorry, I've been told the offense not able to get on the field and get into a rhythm is a fabrication that I just made up.
It's a ridiculous excuse and if an offense doesn't function effectively for that reason they aren't professionals and have no business on an NFL field.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Correct. For some reason not everyone wants to acknowledge that though.
Yes, every drive must be a long scoring drive or the offense is garbage.

FWIW, we didn't go three and out in the first half at all. There were four and five play drives, but one of them was the two minute drill.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I don't see how me being a Romo homer has squat to do with this. The defense lost this game...pure and simple. No agendas for me here. Why would there be when nobody has blame Romo for this loss? Nobody should blame anyone except the defense. IIRC, they only got one flipping sack the whole game and it was a gimme.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's a ridiculous excuse and if an offense doesn't function effectively for that reason they aren't professionals and have no business on an NFL field.
That's simply not true, for one, and for two, the offense actually did still function pretty decently given the circumstances.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
We could have Tom Brady and we would still suck. Jerry sucks so bad at drafting on the defensive side we can't overcome it. Lee was a good pick but the dude is hurt every single game and how can you expect ware to carry the load entering his 30s with backup lineman who don't get sacks and safteys who are practice squad players? Where's the help from our fake GM?

data

Forbes #1
Garrett Post-Game: Disappointed. We didn't do the necessary things to win the ballgame. They did a good job moving the ball on us. We didn't really make any stops on defense. They were good on 3rd downs. I think we were doing good things on offense, but couldn't match server every time. Game got out of hand.

I thought our guys did a good job battling back, just didn't do a good enough job executing tonight.

kidd

DCC 4Life
We could have Tom Brady and we would still suck. Jerry sucks so bad at drafting on the defensive side we can't overcome it. Lee was a good pick but the dude is hurt every single game and how can you expect ware to carry the load entering his 30s with backup lineman who don't get sacks and safteys who are practice squad players? Where's the help from our fake GM?
Where have you been? This isn't about the D. It's about an offense who is to share the blame for tonight's loss because they couldn't score more than 50 points and stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom