2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
FSU could score 70 on Auburn's alleged defense.
And I'm sure 5 of those wins came against over-hyped SEC teams. Georgia has about 5 losses and they're still hanging around the top 25.

They're a good conference but outside of the top 2 or 3 teams the rest of the conference is vastly overrated and get talked up way too much, IMO.

dallen

Senior Tech
Funny how the SEC is over-hyped but somehow manages to win the BCS every year

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Funny how the SEC is over-hyped but somehow manages to win the BCS every year
I said aside from the top 2 or 3 teams the rest are vastly overrated. Which is pretty much true.

Obviously they've had the best team in the country the past 8 years or so, but I'm not going to extend credit to the rest of the slugs of the SEC just because a few teams at the top have had successful runs.

SEC defenses have been largely overrated as well. They play good defense but it's not OMGZ!!!1!! great like everyone wants to make it out to be. Funny how when some creative, offensive minded coaches show up and skilled QBs that actually know how to throw a forward pass started popping up the league's PPG skyrocketed.

Texas A&M and Missouri were alsorans in the BIG XII yet there they are setting all kinds of records, winning Heismans, and playing in the SEC title game almost immediately.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol @ UCF

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm sure you've watched tons of Knight football this season.
A couple of games, but I know that UCF is about middle of the pack in the AAC in defense. 61st in the country in pass defense. Baylor is 5th in the nation in passing offense.

I don't think you have a chance.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

A couple of games, but I know that UCF is about middle of the pack in the AAC in defense. 61st in the country in pass defense. Baylor is 5th in the nation in passing offense.

I don't think you have a chance.
UCF Defense is 13th nationally in scoring defense at 19.6 ppg and 19th nationally in yard per game at 346. That's better than middle of the pack AAC.

But tell me again how you know we suck.

Rev

Staff member
I hope UCF can make it a game and by that I mean I hope they only lose by 50.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
baylor reminds me of the ttu 08 team. They seem to have run out of steam here late in the season. i'm not saying they'll lose or anyhthing. They should beat the snot out of ucf if they play their game.

Rev

Staff member
baylor reminds me of the ttu 08 team. They seem to have run out of steam here late in the season. i'm not saying they'll lose or anyhthing. They should beat the snot out of ucf if they play their game.
They had a lot of key injuries in that OU game. Reese was a major one. Then they lost their top two rbs and starting left tackle. Reese will be back for the bowl game and I fully expect that offense to get rolling again.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
i'm good with that bowl game. i was expecting 5-7 this season. this team has so many problems, its unbelievable.

i wouldn't get all excited with your team though. there is good chance that you will come back down to earth real soon. you do know this, right?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
They had a lot of key injuries in that OU game. Reese was a major one. Then they lost their top two rbs and starting left tackle. Reese will be back for the bowl game and I fully expect that offense to get rolling again.
that's an interesting post, rev. so you're saying that a few injuries is a goos reason to expect less, yet you pull out on a team that was decimated by injuries for a few years? whata fag.

D

Deuce

i'm good with that bowl game. i was expecting 5-7 this season. this team has so many problems, its unbelievable.

i wouldn't get all excited with your team though. there is good chance that you will come back down to earth real soon. you do know this, right?
What is your definition of coming back to earth?

Getting blown out by Baylor? Being a 7 win team next season? No, I don't see either.

Rev

Staff member
that's an interesting post, rev. so you're saying that a few injuries is a goos reason to expect less, yet you pull out on a team that was decimated by injuries for a few years? whata fag.
You don't know what you are talking about if you think it was about the injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom