Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If Dallas' defense can score me 116 pts and Matt Forte doesn't score anything tonight, I'll beat PT in FF.

:fistpump

p1_

DCC 4Life
Lets get this party started...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Lets get this party started...
I won't be home for another couple hours. Start without me, and I will catch up when I get home.

Cotton

Staff member

The field doesn't look in too bad of shape.

Cotton

Staff member
Welcome to Soldier Field

December, 9, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

CHICAGO -- Welcome to Soldier Field where the Dallas Cowboys have a chance to maintain pace with the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC East with a win against the Chicago Bears.

On Sunday, the Eagles beat the Detroit Lions in a snowstorm, forcing the Cowboys to beat the Bears to maintain first place -- albeit via tiebreaker -- in the NFC East with three games to play.

Attacking on offense: The conditions could play a factor in Monday night's game with the cold, wind and field conditions. Does that mean the Cowboys will run the ball more?

“I think you go in saying you want to do both,” quarterback Tony Romo said. “You always want to run the ball, be balanced and attack when you can. We'll take that approach.”

The Cowboys have run the ball better in the past three games, averaging 5.2 yards per carry. DeMarco Murray has an outside shot at 1,000 yards despite missing two games, but the Cowboys will miss Lance Dunbar. He suffered a season-ending knee injury on Thanksgiving after finally showing the change of pace the Cowboys thought they would have all season.

Now the running game will be Murray's. Can he handle the load?

The return of the quarterback: No, not Romo. We're talking defense and the return ofSean Lee.

The middle linebacker missed two games with a hamstring injury and the Cowboys were able to win both games. But Lee is their best play maker. He is the team leader in tackles and interceptions. He is tied for the team lead in tackles for loss.

Against a team where middle linebackers have dominated for years -- Bill George, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher -- Lee will get his chance to show his worth to the Cowboys.

He will be a three-down linebacker and he said the hamstring feels fine. The cold weather will force him to do some extra warming up, but he does not expect it to be an issue.

“I thought we did a great job adapting, guys coming in and playing unbelievably,” Lee said. “Hopefully we can build on the success and continue to go forward.”

Former teammate, now enemy: Say hello to Jay Ratliff. Oop. Jeremiah Ratliff.

Released by the Cowboys in October, Ratliff signed a one-year deal with the Bears in November and will play in his second game of the season. This has not gone over well with owner and general manager Jerry Jones.

The Cowboys did not believe Ratliff would play this year based on what Ratliff told them. And here he is on the field against the Cowboys in a pivotal December game. Ratliff was a declining player with the Cowboys and was barely a factor last week against the Minnesota Vikings.

But you know he will want to be a difference maker tonight.

Cotton

Staff member
Last edited:

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Gonna hit some some 7 & 7's, have some tacos then switch to Yuengling black and tans to maintain.
Yeungling B&T? Garbage.

If you want a good dark beer, I recommend Sierra Nevada Porter or Stout or Sam Adams Cream Stout.

Cotton

Staff member
Wind chill is at 0 now.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Harris is going to try to play.

Status