The Great Police Work Thread

jeebs

Brand New Member
What you seem to fail to realize is our streets are fucking war zones. And should be treated as such.
i thought this was sarcasm, I laughed. Now I realize it isn't and I am slightly horrified.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not necessarily police related but the dumbest race baiting thing I saw over the weekend was a tweet from some idiot with a verified account who essentially said, “Opening a National African American History museum is nice but that’s like opening a Holocaust Museum while the Holocaust is still going on.”

I told him that was a dumb ass take and that he needs to go back to the drawing board.

I mean seriously, it’s an AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY Museum. Not a POST-RACISM In AMERICA Museum.

Other level-headed people tried to point out that fact and how the museum’s purpose is to educate and illuminate the complete history of African Americans not just racial and equality struggles. But this idiot couldn’t wrap his mind around that fact.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I saw 2 videos of this incident:

The one provided by police and the one provided by the family.

In neither vid can you see if he's holding a gun or anything else for that matter. You can see he has his hand by his side and he's kinda shaking it, but that's it.

You can't tell one way or the other who is telling the truth.

I hate to use a replay term, but those vids were really inconclusive to me, and that's unfortunate because it's not going to serve as the proof needed to help qualm some of the uproar.

Unless you guys have seen an angle I haven't, these vids don't do anything to help the issue.

townsend

Banned
Not necessarily police related but the dumbest race baiting thing I saw over the weekend was a tweet from some idiot with a verified account who essentially said, “Opening a National African American History museum is nice but that’s like opening a Holocaust Museum while the Holocaust is still going on.”

I told him that was a dumb ass take and that he needs to go back to the drawing board.

I mean seriously, it’s an AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY Museum. Not a POST-RACISM In AMERICA Museum.

Other level-headed people tried to point out that fact and how the museum’s purpose is to educate and illuminate the complete history of African Americans not just racial and equality struggles. But this idiot couldn’t wrap his mind around that fact.
Yeah, that's really really dumb. There's more to history than atrocities. It's not like the only thing that happened in Jewish History is the holocaust.

Also things are tough for black Americans, but bringing up the holocaust is over the line. Genocide is its own thing, and comparing anything that isn't genocide to genocide is the exact moment where you become as asshole.

townsend

Banned
I saw 2 videos of this incident:

The one provided by police and the one provided by the family.

In neither vid can you see if he's holding a gun or anything else for that matter. You can see he has his hand by his side and he's kinda shaking it, but that's it.

You can't tell one way or the other who is telling the truth.

I hate to use a replay term, but those vids were really inconclusive to me, and that's unfortunate because it's not going to serve as the proof needed to help qualm some of the uproar.

Unless you guys have seen an angle I haven't, these vids don't do anything to help the issue.
Yeah I replayed it 2 or 3 times, pausing it and trying to go frame by frame. Nothing in the video was helpful. I wonder if the guy who was standing right in front of him had useable body can footage, because that seems like the angle we would need.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Sadly, I tell you again there has been more done in the last 25 years to cultivate trust with police and citizens of every community especially impoverished black neighborhoods. But based on news coverage, or lack there of you would never know it would you. Oh no, police make no attempt at community relations, we would just rather keep things the same as they have always been, constantly at odds with people and having to kill them all the time. Some of you people sadden me because you don't bother to look beyond what ABC,CBS, NBC and CNN etc put in front of you. Do some research on policing efforts to change things. Listen to some of the stats presented in the videos I linked.

And the riots are exactly the kind of people that get into confrontational episodes with police all the time. And some of them are dangerous and stupid and may in the future get themsoves shot by cops or someone else. A rioter is a thug and a criminal, not someone legitimately protesting something.
I think you are confusing what I said with my actual personal feelings. I am not out in the streets rioting. I understand that the police are trying harder than ever to build trust in the community, so spare me the "people just don't see all the good cops do" bit. I was merely stating how I believe the people who are out there rioting must feel. And I can understand it. I believe they are taking the narrow view, but it isn't white people from my neighborhood that this is happening to either so it doesn't cut as close to the bone for me personally as it does a lot of the rioters (well, the ones who aren't just straight up thug opportunists anyway).

Regardless of what is being done to foster trust in the community people are still seeing regular instances of unarmed black men being shot and killed by police. Unfortunately these kinds of things immediately undo a lot of the goodwill that may have been created by other efforts. It isn't fair in a lot of ways to the majority of police precincts/officers but that is just the way it is going to be as long as these types of shooting keep happening.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think you are confusing what I said with my actual personal feelings. I am not out in the streets rioting. I understand that the police are trying harder than ever to build trust in the community, so spare me the "people just don't see all the good cops do" bit. I was merely stating how I believe the people who are out there rioting must feel. And I can understand it. I believe they are taking the narrow view, but it isn't white people from my neighborhood that this is happening to either so it doesn't cut as close to the bone for me personally as it does a lot of the rioters (well, the ones who aren't just straight up thug opportunists anyway).

Regardless of what is being done to foster trust in the community people are still seeing regular instances of unarmed black men being shot and killed by police. Unfortunately these kinds of things immediately undo a lot of the goodwill that may have been created by other efforts. It isn't fair in a lot of ways to the majority of police precincts/officers but that is just the way it is going to be as long as these types of shooting keep happening.
Explain to me how you think the rioters feel when the properties they are stealing and destroying are often owned by other black people who are also innocent victims? It seems to me that their actions are driven by greed or senseless violent opportunities. It makes little sense to me. It usually starts with protesters who in fact may be legitimate sympathizers but after a point some become activated by either an agenda or emotion and go hell bent on destruction. That's the way it appears to me but I would be interested in another viewpoint. The point of the protest is seldom served when things turn ugly.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Explain to me how you think the rioters feel when the properties they are stealing and destroying are often owned by other black people who are also innocent victims? It seems to me that their actions are driven by greed or senseless violent opportunities. It makes little sense to me. It usually starts with protesters who in fact may be legitimate sympathizers but after a point some become activated by either an agenda or emotion and go hell bent on destruction. That's the way it appears to me but I would be interested in another viewpoint. The point of the protest is seldom served when things turn ugly.
There is no explanation for that type of behavior. It is disgusting and imbecilic.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why do you trying to steer the conversation as if anybody is saying the looting and destruction is ok?

Every protest does not turn ugly just like every police officer is not derelict in their duties, in both cases the bad apples make it harder for everyone else and both should have to pay the consequence.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life

And my point was, how many of these incidents actually happen where it is the case a black person was actually unarmed and shot? Or, if he was actually unarmed, they weren't stupid enough to be trying to get an officer's gun? You say regular, I'm telling you it only seems regular because the media make it seem that way. Michael Brown was not really an unarmed BM. That whole thing was BS, Some of the other more recent incidents maybe, it isn't regular. It may have happened 10 times this year. Tragic yes, but by no means an epidemic. As to the rest, we already know more whites are shot and killed by police than blacks, how is it blacks are being targeted?
The attack on police by Obama and his and groups like BLM are mostly based on falsehoods. Are there pockets of bad police that need weeding, find them and deal with them but the shotgun approach that this administration is pushing that the entirety of policing needs his and it's guidance is crap.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
F off with this BS Bipo. Ignorant ass memes like this and those who post them are also a big part of the problem. I bet you haven't bothered to take me up on the offer to ride with your local police have you? No, easier to sit back and post shit like this rather than see for yourself what things can be like.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Walmart calls refusal to make Blue Lives Matter cake a 'misstep' after racism claims

By Madalyn Mendoza
Updated 2:26 pm, Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Walmart is apologizing after claims by a Georgia customer surfaced last week saying the store's management team refused to make a "Blue Lives Matter" cake multiple times.

Facebook user Taylor Wilkes asked friends to "#BoycottWalmart" after a friend went to a Walmart in McDonough, Ga. to buy a cake for her father's retirement from the local police department.

"She asked Walmart to make a 'thin blue line' cake to commemorate his extensive and honorable service as a dedicated police officer," Wilkes said in a post that has been shared more than 5,000 times. "Walmart refused to honor her request due to it being 'racist.' Three separate people in management denied her request for this reason."

Wilke's friend is choosing to remain anonymous, but a subsequent post updating the situation said she met with a Walmart manager who offered to make the cake, though a Koger grocery store had already made one for the family. Wilkes said Walmart apologized and donated party supplies including a gift card.

In a statement obtained by Inside Edition, Walmart said: "Our goal is to always take care of customers. But sometimes we misstep."

Still, Wilkes is refusing to give Walmart any business.

"[...] although the mistake was 'made right.' I will still not be shopping at Walmart due to the 'quality' of employees they hire," the post said.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Walmart calls refusal to make Blue Lives Matter cake a 'misstep' after racism claims

By Madalyn Mendoza
Updated 2:26 pm, Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Walmart is apologizing after claims by a Georgia customer surfaced last week saying the store's management team refused to make a "Blue Lives Matter" cake multiple times.

Facebook user Taylor Wilkes asked friends to "#BoycottWalmart" after a friend went to a Walmart in McDonough, Ga. to buy a cake for her father's retirement from the local police department.

"She asked Walmart to make a 'thin blue line' cake to commemorate his extensive and honorable service as a dedicated police officer," Wilkes said in a post that has been shared more than 5,000 times. "Walmart refused to honor her request due to it being 'racist.' Three separate people in management denied her request for this reason."

Wilke's friend is choosing to remain anonymous, but a subsequent post updating the situation said she met with a Walmart manager who offered to make the cake, though a Koger grocery store had already made one for the family. Wilkes said Walmart apologized and donated party supplies including a gift card.

In a statement obtained by Inside Edition, Walmart said: "Our goal is to always take care of customers. But sometimes we misstep."

Still, Wilkes is refusing to give Walmart any business.

"[...] although the mistake was 'made right.' I will still not be shopping at Walmart due to the 'quality' of employees they hire," the post said.
Good lord. Supporting cops is now racist? Holy fuck, how have we gotten to this point?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Good lord. Supporting cops is now racist? Holy fuck, how have we gotten to this point?
The bigoted minorities feel that if you downplay their racist movement, that makes you a racist. You can support cops but saying Blue Lives Matter is like mocking the Black Lives Matter movement. You are not allowed to disagree with that moment, without being accused of racism yourself; heaven forfend that we should draw on simple statistics about crime and minorities when doing our policing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Another shooting in San Diego. Except that that there is actually a photo, right now that shows the guy pointing something at officers. Doesn't matter though.

I am starting to think getting shot by cops is a fad now, like planking was.

Cotton

Staff member
The bigoted minorities feel that if you downplay their racist movement, that makes you a racist. You can support cops but saying Blue Lives Matter is like mocking the Black Lives Matter movement. You are not allowed to disagree with that moment, without being accused of racism yourself; heaven forfend that we should draw on simple statistics about crime and minorities when doing our policing.
Sad state we live in right now. Both "sides" of this situation seem to be pulling away from each other.

Cotton

Staff member
Another shooting in San Diego. Except that that there is actually a photo, right now that shows the guy pointing something at officers. Doesn't matter though.

I am starting to think getting shot by cops is a fad now, like planking was.
They'll just claim it was a 3 ring binder, and then break some windows. Just like the kid that had the realistic looking bb gun and pointed it at the cops. Stupid ass did that shit to himself. But, didn't stop the people in Columbus from getting all up in arms.

townsend

Banned
UNCATEGORIZED
Black Activists Rally For Unarmed White Man Shot by Cops

September 24, 2016 3:34 pm by Jeremiah Jones

black-protester-cops

The phrase “white lives matter” has recently come to be considered by many as a typically racist response to the Black Lives Matter movement. But since white and black lives BOTH matter, should the groups work together and support each other instead of butting heads?

According to Dennis Romero of LA Weekly, one group of mostly African-American civil rights leaders is stepping up to question a deputy’s shooting of an unarmed, white, homeless man in Castaic — because it just might be the right thing to do.

“We can’t only be advocates when black people are killed by police unjustly,” says Najee Ali, founder of Project Islamic Hope.

Ali is organizing a coalition of civil rights groups, including Project Islamic Hope, the National Action Network and the L.A. Urban Policy Roundtable, which will call on state Attorney General Kamala Harris to launch an investigation of the shooting.

“They shot this homeless man for nothing,” Ali said, based on witness testimonies. “He was unarmed and they killed him. I found out he was white later on. It doesn’t matter to me.”

A witness told reporters the man, later identified as 51-year-old William Bowers, was shot without warning immediately after he got off a bike.

“According to investigators, deputies attempted to stop the suspect after they recognized him from previous interactions and knew he was on probation for a narcotic violation,” he said. “When the suspect fled on foot, deputies followed him and eventually made contact with him. It was at this time that a deputy-involved shooting occurred.”

The unarmed Bowers was fatally shot in the upper body and declared dead at the scene, Barraza said.

Romero states, “While Ali and his coalition wait to hear from Harris, some probes have already been launched in response to the confrontation, including a Sheriff’s Department review and an inquiry by the District Attorney’s Office.”

Ali is hoping to see investigators from outside the Los Angeles law enforcement community take a look at the deputy’s actions.

Ali said the shooting, besides being a possibly deadly violation of civil rights, also points out the need for the L.A. Sheriff’s Department to catch up with the Los Angeles Police Department in equipping its cops with body cameras.

There is no known video of the incident, but anyone with information or documentation is asked to call authorities at 323-890-5500.

It is unfortunate that this unarmed homeless man was shot and killed by police, but Ali is giving us a great example of how people should react. Regardless of skin color, religion, country of origin, or any other distinguishing factor; the life of an unarmed person was taken and there needs to be justice.

People need to unite to make sure these killers are held accountable for this crime. People need to unite to stop this type of thing from happening.

(Article by Jeremiah Jones; photo used for illustrative purposes)

Top Bottom