MLB Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
This pregame show sucks...none of them have much of an opinion...it is like they are afraid to have opinions.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That complete game from Cueto was huge after last nights extra innings game.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Royals are just a very good team. They can beat you every way possible...speed, defense, pitching, power, etc. I still hold out hope, but it does not look good. I hope Syndergaard changes up how the Mets are pitching and they start pitching to contact instead of trying to strike guys out. We blew game 1, that hurts.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Just for you, [MENTION=10]Carp[/MENTION].

Carp

DCC 4Life
It is pathetic, but I sit here still thinking we are going to win this thing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So Black to the Bats and Mattingly to the Marlins...both surprises.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Royals are still crying about Thor throwing inside to Escobar. They were screaming and carrying on about it the entire game. I saw what I needed to see from them...they show ass when adversity hits

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
When I think world class athlete, I think Bartolo Colon.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mets defense is so damn shaky.
Yeah...I love Murphy, but that is a reason Dilson Herrera will be our 2B next year. Unless we can get a young SS like Villar from You and move Flores to 2B. Normally we don't have field this much, with all the Ks, but KC puts it in play.

D

Deuce

Great outing by Harvey and I loved seeing him demand to go back in after all the inning limit shit this year.

Extremely happy for Wade Davis and especially Zorilla, though. 2 blue collar dudes who deserve this as much as anyone.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Fuck New York.

New Yorkers think the world revolves around then and their teams. It always warms my heart to see them fail.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Great outing by Harvey and I loved seeing him demand to go back in after all the inning limit shit this year.

Extremely happy for Wade Davis and especially Zorilla, though. 2 blue collar dudes who deserve this as much as anyone.
I loved Harvey coming back out as well. Our bullpen has been shaky and I think he showed why he is the ace of the staff. That was an outstanding performance.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hate to say "team of destiny" or whatever but despite the Mets bullpen giving up late leads in three of their four losses, I don't think you can run out and say "The Mets need to bring in an A-list closer at whatever the price to get over the hump" or anything like that.

The Royals just had their bats on fire in the clutch. Yeah, Murphy had a costly error the other day but they piled on 2 more runs after that.

Sometimes you just run into the team that is supposed to win and that happened here. Better luck next year... Mets have enough starting pitching to keep winning the division for a few years at least.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Hate to say "team of destiny" or whatever but despite the Mets bullpen giving up late leads in three of their four losses, I don't think you can run out and say "The Mets need to bring in an A-list closer at whatever the price to get over the hump" or anything like that.

The Royals just had their bats on fire in the clutch. Yeah, Murphy had a costly error the other day but they piled on 2 more runs after that.

Sometimes you just run into the team that is supposed to win and that happened here. Better luck next year... Mets have enough starting pitching to keep winning the division for a few years at least.
The Royals are just fundamentally sound. They don’t strike out a ton and they are one of the few teams in the game that run the bases really well.

They were constantly putting pressure on the Mets’ defense by taking the extra base. Seemed like they set a record for most base runners advancing from 1st to 3rd on routine singles.

Perfect example of their extra hustle was on the play that Hosmer scored the tying run on. Most players/teams wouldn’t dare trying to score in that situation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom