Archer: Nick Hayden Resigned

GShock

DCC 4Life
That is the number one "need" on this team.

We have Hayden, McClain (the other shittier one) and Brent there.

But apparently, Marinelli undervalues the 1-T in his scheme, so this might be all we get.
Yep, cuz as we saw with Floyd, we're not spending a premium pick on one either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep, cuz as we saw with Floyd, we're not spending a premium pick on one either.
If I were running the team, I'd take Malcom Brown at our pick.

I normally hate Longhorns. But he is different.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Don't sass me or I will smash your face into a car windshield, and then take mother booze out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again.
My mom would love the seafood dinner. But try to make it something than Red Lobster.

She hates chain restaurants.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Our run D was solid last year and Hayden will never be on the field in pass rushing situations so if we want to sign him to a 1 year, minimum type of deal as depth/insurance in case we can't upgrade through the draft, I'm not going to bitch. He's limited but reliable and you know what you're going to get, that's worth keeping around even if it's just injury insurance.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Our run D was solid last year and Hayden will never be on the field in pass rushing situations so if we want to sign him to a 1 year, minimum type of deal as depth/insurance in case we can't upgrade through the draft, I'm not going to bitch. He's limited but reliable and you know what you're going to get, that's worth keeping around even if it's just injury insurance.
He's been one of the worst DTs in the NFL over the past two years. He's not worth keeping even if he paid us to have him on the team.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Hardy is a DE and Hayden is a DT so not sure how the two signings are connected in any way.
Insomuch as one is elite as to make his counterpart laughable.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He's been one of the worst DTs in the NFL over the past two years. He's not worth keeping even if he paid us to have him on the team.
Yeah, he's not good. He's not what I'd want as a starter or as a backup.

I'd like to see him squeezed out but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
My mom would love the seafood dinner. But try to make it something than Red Lobster.

She hates chain restaurants.

~mental note~

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hayden almost never plays in passing situations, he's the 1-technique, the DL that is most responsible for stopping the run, and our run defense was 8th in the league. Is that due to all of the elite talent that he had surrounding him while he did nothing at all?

Or is it more likely that he was doing something right?

I've been one of the main proponents of taking Goldman at 27 so obviously I want to upgrade. Ideally Hayden wouldn't even be on the roster, but I'm not going to complain about signing a guy to a 1 year, likely minimum deal, when for all intents and purposes it seems he does what is asked of him, PFF rankings be damned.

dallen

Senior Tech
If I were running the team, I'd take Malcom Brown at our pick.

I normally hate Longhorns. But he is different.
"I normally don't like redheads, but she is different."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brown will be long gone at 27, right?

I want Eddie Goldman or maybe Gurley.
I'm really high on Carl Davis. He is so much more then just a pure 1-technique. He is actually a guy who can get up field and make some plays but he also has the strength and size to control the guy in front of him and stuff the run. Since he isn't really a pure 1-technique I wonder if the Cowboys would consider him a higher then they general rank guys who play that position.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I Re-typed Rolando 3x on my phone and thought i got it the final time. I must be turning dyslexic. Please see previous posts on Black Wiener
Yeah, I know who you meant. I was just playing.

But it seemed to upset booze, so, you know... Two birds and all that. :fistpump

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He's been one of the worst starting DTs in the league. You're being ridiculous. Hopefully we can upgrade to the point we don't need him at all and can cut him in TC, until then having on the roster hurts nothing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's been one of the worst starting DTs in the league. You're being ridiculous. Hopefully we can upgrade to the point we don't need him at all and can cut him in TC, until then having on the roster hurts nothing.
This is totally correct. He isn't bad as insurance in case the draft doesn't shake out with us getting better DT. Plus we have some young DT's on the roster and if any of them step up, there is basically no consequence for cutting him.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This is totally correct. He isn't bad as insurance in case the draft doesn't shake out with us getting better DT. Plus we have some young DT's on the roster and if any of them step up, there is basically no consequence for cutting him.
I'm holding out a little bit of hope that Brent shows up to camp in shape and ready to take the starting 1 Tech job. It would be nice for all that shit we went through with him to pay off.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm holding out a little bit of hope that Brent shows up to camp in shape and ready to take the starting 1 Tech job. It would be nice for all that shit we went through with him to pay off.
Agreed. It would be an added bonus for having dealt with his issues.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hayden is an Ok rotation guy, and he hustles his ass off, I am all for an upgrade but he has value.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
OK the board has spoken. Hayden has some value on the team. The tribe has spoken, Smitty has been voted off.

Top Bottom