NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
1:07pm: The Sixers also received the rights to Nigerian forward Chu Chu Maduabum from Denver in the trade, according to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports (on Twitter).
:towel

Carp

DCC 4Life
Timberwolves To Acquire Kevin Garnett

February 19 at 1:36pm CST By Chuck Myron

Kevin Garnett has agreed to waive his no-trade clause and the Nets will trade him to the Timberwolves for Thaddeus Young, reports TNT’s David Aldridge (Twitter link). The teams had been waiting on him to give his OK to the deal that will send him back to where his NBA career began nearly 20 years ago.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Carp

DCC 4Life

Carp

DCC 4Life

Carp

DCC 4Life
Pistons To Acquire Reggie Jackson In Three-Way Deal

February 19 at 1:56pm CST By Chuck Myron

1:56pm: It’s now a three-way deal, according to Wojnarowski (via Twitter links). The Jazz will send Enes Kanter to OKC, the Thunder will ship Kendrick Perkins to Utah, and Detroit will send Kyle Singler to OKC.

1:50pm: The Thunder have traded Jackson to the Pistons, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports (on Twitter).

1:34pm: The Pistons are making a strong run at Reggie Jackson, a league source tells Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link). Jackson appeared to be Brooklyn-bound earlier today, but it’s not clear if that deal will be consummated.

The Thunder and the Nets were discussing the framework of a deal that would involve Brook Lopez going to OKC and Jackson going to Brooklyn. However, the Thunder pumped the breaks a bit on the talks when they started looking at a deal with another team. Given that Detroit is enthusiastic about landing Jackson, the PIstons might be the party putting a spoke in that wheel.

Jackson’s agent, Aaron Mintz, recently requested that the Thunder trade his client, who’s due for restricted free agency this summer. The Kings, Bucks, Heat, Pacers, Rockets and Nuggets also registered their interest in Jackson, while there are conflicting reports about whether the Celtics are pursuing him.

The 24-year-old turned down an extension offer in the neighborhood of four years and $48MM this past fall, according to USA Today’s Sam Amick (Twitter link). That was around the time teams around the league thought he’d end up commanding $13-14MM a year this summer, as Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported at the time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Suns To Acquire Brandon Knight

February 19 at 2:00pm CST By Chuck Myron

The Bucks are trading Brandon Knight to the Suns, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link). There are conflicting reports regarding other details Michael Carter-Williams and Tyler Ennis are going to the Bucks, and Isaiah Thomas and picks go to the Sixers (Twitter link), according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com, while Wojnarowski has Thomas heading from Phoenix to the Celtics (Twitter link).

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rockets To Acquire Pablo Prigioni

February 19 at 2:06pm CST By Chuck Myron

The Knicks are trading Pablo Prigioni to the Rockets, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link). Isaiah Canaan is headed to New York in the deal, as Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLosAngeles.com reports (on Twitter).

Carp

DCC 4Life
I love what OKC did...giving up Jackson and Perkins for Kanter, Augustin, Singler, and Novak.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I really like what OKC was able to do today. Got rid of the toxic, disgruntled seed that is Reggie Jackson and got some nice pieces in return. Enes Kanter, S. Novak, DJ Augustin, and Kyle Singler.

Reading articles and tweets from this morning you could tell that OKC teammates were pretty fed up with Reggie Jackson and were hoping he'd get moved. Westbrook in particular made several eyebrow raising comments regarding Jackson and his future in OKC. He didn't come out and just slam him but he slammed him on the sly. Saying stuff like this team will compete for a championship with or without Reggie Jackson; the only person worrying and talking about being traded is one guy (RJ); and the other day on Dan Patrick's show he said he's not concerned with trying to branch out to run his own team because he'd rather play with other great players and win. Which could be viewed as a shot at RJ since RJ has consistently grumbled about wanting to start and lead his own team.

Back to the trade.....

We lost Kendrick Perkins as well. Perk pissed me off in the past but he grew on me and was actually performing better this year. Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually going to miss seeing him suit up for the Thunder.

Augustin has proven to be a capable backup PG.

Kanter is average at best on defense but he provides us a good scoring option in the post.

Novak and Singler are good three point shooters who can help spread the floor. Both shoot the 3 at over 40%

Unfortunately we'll probably be a bit short-handed tonight in our big game tonight vs. the Mavs since I doubt our new pieces will be available for action.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I get the MCW trade...we get the Lakers pick that is top 5 protected this year, top 3 the next 2 years, then unprotected after that. Picked up another first to take on McGee, one that belonged to OKC.

I do not like the McDaniels deal...really liked the player, but he played himself into a pretty good deal since he only signed a 1 year deal.

I think Hinkie must either have his eye on Mudiay or Russell...he sure seems to be bundling stuff together to make a run at the top pick, if needed.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I get the MCW trade...we get the Lakers pick that is top 5 protected this year, top 3 the next 2 years, then unprotected after that. Picked up another first to take on McGee, one that belonged to OKC.

I do not like the McDaniels deal...really liked the player, but he played himself into a pretty good deal since he only signed a 1 year deal.

I think Hinkie must either have his eye on Mudiay or Russell...he sure seems to be bundling stuff together to make a run at the top pick, if needed.
I've been 100 percent behind Hinke until today. I'm probably like 75 percent now. Trading MCW and McDaniels is testing my faith a bit. Not sure where they are going with this.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I've been 100 percent behind Hinke until today. I'm probably like 75 percent now. Trading MCW and McDaniels is testing my faith a bit. Not sure where they are going with this.
Very strange moves, indeed. I thought the Sixers were actually improving.

Personally I think in order for the Sixers to get serious about winning again, I think it's going to take the fans of Philadelphia to put their foot down and stop putting money in the owner's pocket.

It doesn't take 3 years of tanking to be competitive and win a title. Right now they're just taking advantage of the fans' loyalty.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I also don't get what the Suns are doing. They're sitting in 8th place and ship Dragic and Thomas away.

Genghis Khan

Very strange moves, indeed. I thought the Sixers were actually improving.

Personally I think in order for the Sixers to get serious about winning again, I think it's going to take the fans of Philadelphia to put their foot down and stop putting money in the owner's pocket.

It doesn't take 3 years of tanking to be competitive and win a title. Right now they're just taking advantage of the fans' loyalty.

I don't think I agree with any of this.

I think it takes however long it takes. Often you have to be in the right place at the right time. Where would OKC be if they had to settle for Oden instead of Durant, for instance? The Sixers plan would look different right now if they'd gotten Wiggins, or maybe if Embiid was healthy.

They are collecting picks in what looks like another good draft. They could have as many as 4 first round picks, possibly two in the top 6 or so ifthe Lakers win a few extra games. They are collecting assets in hopes of increasing their odds of hitting a home run on that one guy that can be their cornerstone. I think that's smart.

My question now is why they suddenly didn't see MCW as one of their building blocks. And if the Lakers pick in the top 5 the pick gets pushed into the future and I don't love that.

1bigfan13

Staff member
My point is they could put a better product on the court if they wanted to. Competing for a title doesn't require a franchise to completely bottom out.

How about actually trying to be competitive and fielding a decent team. And who know's....doing so might actually make them an attractive destination to top level FAs. As it stands now, guys like Aldridge, Rondo, Durant, Love, etc. won't give a franchise like the Sixers a sniff because they don't appear interested in winning any time soon.

All I'm saying is give your fan base a reason to give a damn about your team instead of constantly rolling the dice in the lottery.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think I agree with any of this.

I think it takes however long it takes. Often you have to be in the right place at the right time. Where would OKC be if they had to settle for Oden instead of Durant, for instance? The Sixers plan would look different right now if they'd gotten Wiggins, or maybe if Embiid was healthy.

They are collecting picks in what looks like another good draft. They could have as many as 4 first round picks, possibly two in the top 6 or so ifthe Lakers win a few extra games. They are collecting assets in hopes of increasing their odds of hitting a home run on that one guy that can be their cornerstone. I think that's smart.

My question now is why they suddenly didn't see MCW as one of their building blocks. And if the Lakers pick in the top 5 the pick gets pushed into the future and I don't love that.
The more I think about it...the more I like it. MCW is going to the right place in Mil to get tutored by Kidd. Now the thing about him is you really don't know how good he is because he never was around good players to get a real feel for him....was he good because he was a diamond surrounded by trash? We'll find out because Mil has some interesting pieces. We know he can't shoot and we desperately need a shooter at PG. Mudiay is not a shooter, but I think he is big enough to cause some mismatch issues.

They got a 1st for just taking on McGee and his contract. I do that without thinking.

McDaniels is tougher to lose, but he screwed up and only signed him to a 1 year deal and did not want to commit to him longterm.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Thank you sixers for the KJ pickup I don't understand why they moved him they will have plenty of cap space moving forward and he is the type of young guy who could be very valuable when you do get better.

I also like the pickup of prigioni we do not have a pg who can be a playmaker and he can hit the 3 at a high rate I take that for a couple of second rounders.

I would have liked to get a clear upgrade at pg but since dragic wanted no parts of us everybody else were too rich moving forward.

Considering we have added Brewer Smith Prigioni and KJ and Jones is getting healthy again I like the team moving forward IF Dwight comes back healthy this should keep us afloat until then.

If we can get Perkins after the buyout who Harden is pushing for that will really tie down the Bench.

Jiggyfly

Banned
OKC made out like Bandits if they get the chemistry down they move to the front of the pack.

Genghis Khan

The more I think about it...the more I like it. MCW is going to the right place in Mil to get tutored by Kidd. Now the thing about him is you really don't know how good he is because he never was around good players to get a real feel for him....was he good because he was a diamond surrounded by trash? We'll find out because Mil has some interesting pieces. We know he can't shoot and we desperately need a shooter at PG. Mudiay is not a shooter, but I think he is big enough to cause some mismatch issues.

They got a 1st for just taking on McGee and his contract. I do that without thinking.

McDaniels is tougher to lose, but he screwed up and only signed him to a 1 year deal and did not want to commit to him longterm.

It's a gamble because while it's great to get a top ten pick for him, we still have to replace him. I'm definitely waryof good players on bad teams, but there's a lot to like about MCW. He can get to the basket, he has good size, he rebounds well.

I'm guessing they didn't like his shooting and/or his turnovers. Hinke likes efficiency.

Top Bottom