.Gov. Abbott proposes constitutional amendments, wants to restore state power

townsend

Banned
As a country the U.S. Is kind of screwed up, but I like some federal oversight because I think that keeps states on the same page. If the other option is to become the EU, with some dumbass states dragging the rest down, I have no interest in that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm not some bought off stooge bureaucrat reading bullshit off a script unlike Abbott, who is a big phony.
Well he has gotten pretty far down the road. Can you keep up aside from name calling?

Jiggyfly

Banned
As a country the U.S. Is kind of screwed up, but I like some federal oversight because I think that keeps states on the same page. If the other option is to become the EU, with some dumbass states dragging the rest down, I have no interest in that.
Yeah that's the way I look at it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm not against all federal regulation, I'm against that regulation having no routine congressional oversight. In some industries it's considered just as important to lobby federal agency administration as members of Congress. When millions are being spent lobbying the FDA, it's a clear illustration of unelected civil servants holding incredible power and never having to answer for bad decisions they made so they could get prime tee times at an elite country club (or some other typical lobbyist perk).

2233boys

Not So New Member
FDA: The FDA was empowered by the United States Congress to enforce the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, which serves as the primary focus for the Agency; the FDA also enforces other laws, notably Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act and associated regulations

EPA: The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order. The order establishing the EPA was ratified by committee hearings in the House and Senate. The agency is led by its Administrator, who is appointed by the president and approved by Congress. The agency conducts environmental assessment, research, and education. It has the responsibility of maintaining and enforcing national standards under a variety of environmental laws, in consultation with state, tribal, and local governments.

FCC: The FCC was formed by the Communications Act of 1934 to replace the radio regulation functions of the Federal Radio Commission. The FCC took over wire communication regulation from the Interstate Commerce Commission. The FCC's mandated jurisdiction covers the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Political divisions of the United States. The FCC also provides varied degrees of cooperation, oversight, and leadership for similar communications bodies in other countries of North America. The FCC is funded entirely by regulatory fees.

shane

DCC 4Life
Well he has gotten pretty far down the road. Can you keep up aside from name calling?
Well, I am not a big fan of government officials in general. Especially ones who want to change the Constitution willy nilly. I don't get how anyone can think that bureaucrats nowadays would amend the Constitution in favor of limited government and freedom, considering how corrupt they are and how stupid and entitled the general public is.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
FDA: The FDA was empowered by the United States Congress to enforce the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, which serves as the primary focus for the Agency; the FDA also enforces other laws, notably Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act and associated regulations

EPA: The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order. The order establishing the EPA was ratified by committee hearings in the House and Senate. The agency is led by its Administrator, who is appointed by the president and approved by Congress. The agency conducts environmental assessment, research, and education. It has the responsibility of maintaining and enforcing national standards under a variety of environmental laws, in consultation with state, tribal, and local governments.

FCC: The FCC was formed by the Communications Act of 1934 to replace the radio regulation functions of the Federal Radio Commission. The FCC took over wire communication regulation from the Interstate Commerce Commission. The FCC's mandated jurisdiction covers the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Political divisions of the United States. The FCC also provides varied degrees of cooperation, oversight, and leadership for similar communications bodies in other countries of North America. The FCC is funded entirely by regulatory fees.
You're implying that I thought congress didn't pass laws to create those agencies? Are you that stupid or do you think I am? Their decisions in creating rules to administrate the laws that give them blanket authority are as good as laws. Congress has delegated legislative authority to the executive branch by passing those laws and that goes against the fundamental separation of powers intended in the US constitution.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well, I am not a big fan of government officials in general. Especially ones who want to change the Constitution willy nilly. I don't get how anyone can think that bureaucrats nowadays would amend the Constitution in favor of limited government and freedom, considering how corrupt they are and how stupid and entitled the general public is.
That's what I gathered from your post. Public officials are beneath you and the general public is stupid. You are fortunate enough to be one who is superior to most and can put forth a proud list of accomplishments. This is why I want to know who you are.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Robert Mugabe is president for life of a whole country, going to kiss his ass too?
Got nothing to do with my point. This Shane person has nothing to say about anyone or anything except how inferior everything is to his own mentality. There is conversation and commentary and then there is arrogance and self aggrandizing.

2233boys

Not So New Member
No just posting facts, not implying anything. Some of what I posted backs up what you said, specifically about the FCC. I think it applies less to what you said about the FDA.

shane

DCC 4Life
That's what I gathered from your post. Public officials are beneath you and the general public is stupid. You are fortunate enough to be one who is superior to most and can put forth a proud list of accomplishments. This is why I want to know who you are.
Have you ever talked to the average voter? Being above the political class and the clueless general public who put them into power isn't exactly some big accomplishment.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Have you ever talked to the average voter? Being above the political class and the clueless general public who put them into power isn't exactly some big accomplishment.
If you are talking presidential elections, the voters don't always get their way. That has a lot to do with how a given party puts together swing states and manipulates the electoral college. Voters don't have to know a lot to cast a polarized ballot.

Top Bottom