Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Man, this may be a long season.

Carp

DCC 4Life
VA Tech was awesome tonight. Great defense.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Fuller is a stud CB. Physical and confident.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It's inexcusable for Texas to sink to the level that it has. That school is perfectly positioned in a recruiting hot bed and by most accounts Texas is the richest university in America.

Tons and 4 and 5 star athletes sitting on their front porch and they can't field quality OLs and DLs. Pathetic.Even the skill position players have been lacking.
I never thought I'd see it again. They can afford any top coach in the country but the political situation chases the top guys away, to the NFL.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No surprise about June Jones. SMU has been horrid this year. Surprisingly I've actually caught parts of both of their games this year and they've looked completely lost in both games.

Usually when you say a D1 college program looks like a JV high school team, it's hyperbole.

Not with SMU. They literally look like a JV high school program.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
No surprise about June Jones. SMU has been horrid this year. Surprisingly I've actually caught parts of both of their games this year and they've looked completely lost in both games.

Usually when you say a D1 college program looks like a JV high school team, it's hyperbole.

Not with SMU. They literally look like a JV high school program.
I don't really get it though. Jones is not a terrible coach. Maybe he tired?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't really get it though. Jones is not a terrible coach. Maybe he tired?
SMU has a tough time recruiting top flight players and they schedule big name schools for their non conference games. Not smart but apparentlysomeone thinks that's good policy.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
SMU has a tough time recruiting top flight players and they schedule big name schools for their non conference games. Not smart but apparentlysomeone thinks that's good policy.
They recruit about right for their conference. Maybe they get beat up in the non-conference but so do a bunch of mid-majors.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They recruit about right for their conference. Maybe they get beat up in the non-conference but so do a bunch of mid-majors.
Maybe so but a lot of their alumni are still in the old days and want to run with the big schools. It is a tough situation for a coach there. Haden Fry was the last coach that kept them in the hunt with the big schools in the old SW conference.

Carl

RIP Brother
VOLS get a prime time slot against OU. I think we are a year away, but ok. We have some talent, albeit youngsters.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Maybe so but a lot of their alumni are still in the old days and want to run with the big schools. It is a tough situation for a coach there. Haden Fry was the last coach that kept them in the hunt with the big schools in the old SW conference.
They haven't been anything close to a powerhouse since the 80's. I don't see why anyone would still think they were still in that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom