Woman Confronting Man at Walmart Using Food Stamps

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If you make them agree to listen to you to get their meal, it's forced. You can sanctimoniously try to classify it however makes you feel best, but it is what it is.
I don't think that's what he meant. Making someone listen is not really a Christian principal. It is just understood that if you show up at a building with a giant cross on the front of it you have a good idea that they believe in speeding the gospel. I don't get how this became so grossly disgusting to some but it is to be expected.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If you make them agree to listen to you to get their meal, it's forced. You can sanctimoniously try to classify it however makes you feel best, but it is what it is.
Would you respect a church that shrieked its opportunity or duty to offer a message of faith to someone? What kind of institution would it be if it didn't have as its priority the ministry of Christianity. It might as well be a country club with a conscience to appease.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Would you respect a church that shrieked its opportunity or duty to offer a message of faith to someone? What kind of institution would it be if it didn't have as its priority the ministry of Christianity. It might as well be a country club with a conscience to appease.
If they are truly just wanting to help people in its purest sense, you would offer food to people without strings attached.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If they are truly just wanting to help people in its purest sense, you would offer food to people without strings attached.
I will go one step further.

A few weeks ago, we started having a guy become a regular at the interstate exit I take to get to work.

He's there pretty much every morning well before 7AM.

Every day that guy is out there, with a "WILL WORK FOR FOOD. GOD BLESS." sign. Usually I do the get on the cell phone thing or just try to look distracted, especially when he walks up to the car.

I have jobs that are open constantly. Not great jobs. Physical labor, light industrial, nine bucks an hour plus production bonuses.

I offered the guy a job Tuesday after rolling down my window when the exit was backed up, gave him by business card and told him to call me, or better yet, walk the quarter mile down the street and see me personally if he really needed work.

Didn't see the little fella this week.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well I think it's great that you would and will offer assistance with nothing further but I am of the opinion that something can be offered in addition to the assistance. In the case of the church a message of hope and in the instance by booze an offer to work.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Getting back to the subject at hand, that lady is pretty much the epitome of the pissed off person that is elevating Donald Trump real goddamn close to the Presidency.

And the slacker dude, well he's voting for Sanders. Even if he isn't on the ballot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Agree. The system is flawed.
That's the real issue.

We have a horrible system. And a pretty broken socio-economic outlook.

Not exactly related per se, but this was damn interesting to me.

Global first? Every Swiss could be guaranteed $2,600 a month tax-free

Helena Bachmann, Special for USA TODAY 2:17 p.m. EDT May 6, 2016

GENEVA, Switzerland — Chalk it up to Swiss affluence. Voters here will decide next month whether all 8 million citizens and legal residents should be guaranteed a generous monthly income, something no country in the world has ever done.

On June 5, Swiss voters will weigh in on a radical proposal that would mandate the government to guarantee $2,600 a month tax-free to every adult citizen and legal resident, and $650 to each child.

The payment would be provided to everyone, regardless of work status, income level, or wealth. It is a benefit few countries can afford. But then, Switzerland is among the world's richest nations, with a per capita income of about $85,000, 40% higher than that in the USA.

The idea of an unconditional basic income is not new. It is being discussed by various cities in the Netherlands, Finland, Canada, New Zealand and other nations. But Switzerland is the first country to actually vote on a guaranteed income at the national level.

The latest polls show the proposal likely will go down in defeat, though supporters say they hope to build support for it in the coming weeks.

The initiative was put on the ballot by a group of artists, writers and intellectuals who made use of Switzerland's unique system of direct democracy, which allows any citizen to bring an issue to a referendum by collecting 100,000 legitimate signatures on a petition.

"This is a great idea," said Chloe Hubert, a student at the University of Geneva. "I only work on weekends, so this income would really help."

Though Swiss salaries are among the highest in the world, supporters say the stipend would offer people an option of reducing their working hours, while maintaining a decent standard of living.

“It would lead to a more motivated workforce and more humanized, stable and productive economy,” said Che Wagner, the initiative’s co-organizer and campaign manager.

Under the proposed law, the government would guarantee that every Swiss adult has at least $2,600 in monthly income after taxes. So if a person has no income at all, he or she will receive the full amount. If the person earns $1,600 now, the supplement would be $1,000.

Someone who currently earns, say, $6,500 month would not receive any money from the government but $2,600 of it would not be taxed.

For those getting welfare or other social benefits, payments of up to $2,600 a month would be replaced by the new basic income. Anything over this amount would continue to be provided as a separate payment and taxed accordingly.

Theoretically, a family of two non-working adults and two children at home would be eligible for $6,500 a month, or $78,000 a year tax-free. That's nearly twice the after-tax income of a typical American family.

The proposal has many critics. In a recent interview with Swiss Broadcasting Corporation, parliamentarian Raymond Clottu argued that the giveaway would "put at risk a system that motivates people to work and get training. So we should try to improve it, not bring in basic income which would destroy the motivation to work."

He and other opponents also note that financing the scheme, estimated to cost about $200 billion a year, would strain the government’s coffers.

The initiative’s backers say the plan would be funded, among other sources of revenue, by increasing Switzerland’s 8% value added tax.

The government counters that other taxes would have to rise and spending slashed to afford such a generous giveaway.

“Considerable cutbacks or tax rises would be necessary to finance this basic income, which could not replace today’s social security system entirely,” the government warns on its website, urging voters to reject the initiative.

As the concept of basic income gets traction across Europe, could a similar policy be adopted in the U.S.?

“Before it could be taken seriously, the middle class would need to experience far more job and wage loss than it has already,” Robert Reich, former U.S. secretary of Labor and now professor of public policy at the University of California, Berkeley, told USA TODAY.

“Unfortunately, those losses are inevitable,” he added. “We'll have a serious discussion about a minimum basic income about a decade from now.”

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm not against food stamps at all. I just wish that the church would get off their asses and do their duty rather than leave it to the government and then bitch.
The churches? They are in business, too. Sheesh. They have the biggest tax break of anyone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd hit it
Honestly, that's probably part of the problem.

Go ahead, Phil.

Hit that frustrated fat fuck white bitch right in her pent up unsatisfied cooch before she displays another act of a complete lack of class.

Cotton

Staff member
Well I think it's great that you would and will offer assistance with nothing further but I am of the opinion that something can be offered in addition to the assistance. In the case of the church a message of hope and in the instance by booze an offer to work.
I think it's pretty righteous that churches assume that everyone in the world feels like they need a book to lean on for hope. And, no, I don't offer food from my house to homeless or needy people. But, if I felt called to do so, I wouldn't make them follow Whataburger on Twitter to get that help.

Cotton

Staff member
The churches? They are in business, too. Sheesh. They have the biggest tax break of anyone.
Don't even get me started on churches and whether they are or are not a money making venture.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Lookit, I resent the business of big church much as the next guy but giving is a good thing. From a biblical worldview it is absolutely the individuals responsibility to clothe the naked and feed the poor. Many of them are certainly doing that.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
In some circumstances, you damn right I don't like how it's given out. You aren't giving with a pure heart if you're trying to grow your membership by doing it. Ulterior motives have no place in religion. That's why I don't like Joel.... nevermind, we won't take the thread there. :lol
Gonna put my name out there, fine. Fuck you, you piece of shit. I thought we were better than that.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Judging the hearts and intentions of other people, huh? Classic.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think it's pretty righteous that churches assume that everyone in the world feels like they need a book to lean on for hope. And, no, I don't offer food from my house to homeless or needy people. But, if I felt called to do so, I wouldn't make them follow Whataburger on Twitter to get that help.
Folks have an option to go where ever they please for a hand out but by the same token if someone is supporting the hand out they have the right to direct the protocol. If the message of the church is too much then they find a place elsewhere of their choosing.

Top Bottom