The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He is saying he is going to donate the first million dollars he makes to charities this season. I'd say at least he is headed in the right direction now. I think he is at least trying to do some things that may motivate actual change.
I don't think he left himself much of a choice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think he left himself much of a choice.
I'll respect a person who at least puts their money where there mouth is. And he claims he is going to get out there and volunteer for some of these organizations. Those are things I can actually respect even if I don't necessarily agree with a black lives matter type agenda. Sitting during the National Anthem was just lazy attention whoring. Those other things bring a positive light and actually make a difference.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'll respect a person who at least puts their money where there mouth is. And he claims he is going to get out there and volunteer for some of these organizations. Those are things I can actually respect even if I don't necessarily agree with a black lives matter type agenda. Sitting during the National Anthem was just lazy attention whoring. Those other things bring a positive light and actually make a difference.
Or a principled stand if even slightly shortsighted.

Cotton

Staff member
I would agree with this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He could have easily done this and reaped a ton of good publicity. Now it looks like an attempt to cool the controversy. No matter what he does going forward he will forever be tagged as unpatriotic. It's a shame he didn't think this through or seek advise as to how it would affect his career. He could have gained a good reputation but he put the cart before the horse.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'd call it misdirected if those words sound softer to you.
I just don't think he is being a attention whore, other than that its up for debate.

I actually like the analogy of him being a freshman new to an idea of something and not quite knowing how to get his point across.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He could have easily done this and reaped a ton of good publicity. Now it looks like an attempt to cool the controversy. No matter what he does going forward he will forever be tagged as unpatriotic. It's a shame he didn't think this through or seek advise as to how it would affect his career. He could have gained a good reputation but he put the cart before the horse.
Or maybe good publicity is not what he is after and all the rest does not matter.:shrug

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Broncos LB Brandon Marshall loses endorsement after kneeling for anthem
Posted by Josh Alper on September 9, 2016, 4:20 PM EDT
Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall became the latest NFL player to exercise his right to kneel during the playing of the national anthem before Thursday night’s game against the Panthers.

On Friday, a company that employed Marshall as an endorser exercised its own rights to cancel their working relationship. The Air Academy Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1955 to, per their website, “serve the cadets, officers and civilians” of the Air Force Academy. President/CEO Glenn Strebe cited that relationship in a Facebook post announcing their decision to sever ties with Marshall.

“Although we have enjoyed Brandon Marshall as our spokesperson over the past five months, Air Academy Federal Credit Union (AAFCU) has ended our partnership. AAFCU is a membership-based organization who has proudly served the military community for over 60 years. While we respect Brandon’s right of expression, his actions are not a representation of our organization and membership. We wish Brandon well on his future endeavors.”

In comments after the game Marshall said he was not against the military and that his actions were intended to show that he is “against social injustice.”

:towel

Cotton

Staff member
Broncos LB Brandon Marshall loses endorsement after kneeling for anthem
Posted by Josh Alper on September 9, 2016, 4:20 PM EDT
Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall became the latest NFL player to exercise his right to kneel during the playing of the national anthem before Thursday night’s game against the Panthers.

On Friday, a company that employed Marshall as an endorser exercised its own rights to cancel their working relationship. The Air Academy Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1955 to, per their website, “serve the cadets, officers and civilians” of the Air Force Academy. President/CEO Glenn Strebe cited that relationship in a Facebook post announcing their decision to sever ties with Marshall.

“Although we have enjoyed Brandon Marshall as our spokesperson over the past five months, Air Academy Federal Credit Union (AAFCU) has ended our partnership. AAFCU is a membership-based organization who has proudly served the military community for over 60 years. While we respect Brandon’s right of expression, his actions are not a representation of our organization and membership. We wish Brandon well on his future endeavors.”

In comments after the game Marshall said he was not against the military and that his actions were intended to show that he is “against social injustice.”

:towel
Good.

Cotton

Staff member
Doug Baldwin tweeted that the entire Seahawk team will stand and interlock arms for the national anthem before their game on Sunday. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
Pretty sure you can love America and hate the government at the same time. The flag represents America, not the government. Think of it like loving the Cowboys but wanting Jerry Jones removed.
Well put.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom