2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
From a thread over at TexAgs-

OM's new recruiting tool under Freezus is that they have a draft plan for top recruits they recruit. It's pretty damn sweet to be honest. Freezus tells kids they are gonna sign them, OM boosters are going to take care of them and their families while they spend their 3 years in Oxford, then they will be 1st round draft picks in the NFL draft after playing SEC Football. The trick is- they ask that OM people represent them after their time at OM so they recoup their money. This is what happened with Tunsil and it went wrong

OM made their pledge to Tunsil and his family. After signing day- They left their 40K house in Florida (which was an absolute ****hole) and moved to Oxford, Miss where they suddenly lived in a 150K plus house. They had an OM Booster and former player sponsor them for 3 years- spending 200K plus over 3 years- where that Booster was promised he would recoup a million plus once Tunsil signed his NFl contract. He would represent Laremy once he left OM. He was basically investing in Laremy to pay off in 3 years.

Until Jimmy Sexton swooped in. He ****ed everything up. So when the person posted they saw Sexton, Bdork, and Freezus walking into the famous law offices the other day- they were actually going into another office there to hash out an agreement with the guy that had been ****ed over. That guy had shown them and the entire world that he wasn't going to be played for a chump- and OM plus Sexton had to pay the Piper.

How is OM getting top recruits? They are setting them up with booster agents as HS seniors to pay them and their family's way while in college- and these booster agents are getting their cut once these guys get drafted. OM and FreeZeus tried to **** one over- and they now regret it.

This is what is happening in today's college football. Shoe companies supplement kids and families in college basketball- OM is being progressive by copying this model in college football. Be their agent when they are Sr's in HS, pump the money to them for 3 years in college, get them to the NFL draft- then the bennies return when they get drafted. That's how Hugh Freezus is recruiting on a national level folks.
Sounds pretty believable and I'm sure most if not all of the bigger programs do basically the same thing.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Sounds pretty believable and I'm sure most if not all of the bigger programs do basically the same thing.
Oh I believe it. I'm pretty sure that a great majority of the big programs around the country do this stuff. SEC schools are well known for having dirty recruiting practices. Our straight laced coach refuses to even say anything bad about another rival coach. Dude is a choir boy. I wish he'd get a little dirtier.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Sounds pretty believable and I'm sure most if not all of the bigger programs do basically the same thing.[/QUOTE

Oh I believe it. I'm pretty sure that a great majority of the big programs around the country do this stuff. SEC schools are well known for having dirty recruiting practices. Our straight laced coach refuses to even say anything bad about another rival coach. Dude is a chore boy. I wish he'd get a little dirtier.
Yeah I'm sure lots of teams are doing that stuff. I'm also sure Kirk Ferentz for example isn't. Puts a team at a big recruiting disadvantage.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah I'm sure lots of teams are doing that stuff. I'm also sure Kirk Ferentz for example isn't. Puts a team at a big recruiting disadvantage.
You have to do that kind of stuff where there is a culture of secretive, dirty behavior. In the SEC backroom deals and dirty recruiting are the norm. In Iowa if you try that the schools boosters probably get offended and drop a dime on you to the NCAA.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Damn, the hits just keep coming for Baylor.

D

Deuce

Damn, the hits just keep coming for Baylor.
For all the Briles did for that program, they might need to just cut him loose. This is just a bad look and has been for a long time. Especially for a religious private school.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd be embarrassed to admit that I were associated with Baylor. With so many allegations of negative conduct swirling around the university, specifically the football team, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a ton of [peer] pressure mandating that something be done about Briles and Starr. After all, if you're just Joe Calculus Professor, people outside the university probably look at you a bit negatively just because of your association with the university.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'd be embarrassed to admit that I were associated with Baylor. With so many allegations of negative conduct swirling around the university, specifically the football team, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a ton of [peer] pressure mandating that something be done about Briles and Starr. After all, if you're just Joe Calculus Professor, people outside the university probably look at you a bit negatively just because of your association with the university.
The dirty recruiting stuff involving Stidham and Tech was true.

Every program has problems and troubled players. It is just the nature of the beast. It is how you handle it. Covering it up is clearly a serious problem. The whole town stinks right now.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Every program has problems and troubled players. It is just the nature of the beast. It is how you handle it. Covering it up is clearly a serious problem. The whole town stinks right now.
What they need is another massive biker gang gunfight or have the government burn down a cult to lighten the mood again, get life in Waco back to normal.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I did have one theory as to why Baylor appears to be dragging their feet on addressing disciplinary issues.

It's easier for a school like Alabama or Ohio State to kick knuckleheads out of school and off the football team because their rosters are stacked with 4 star recruits. Upper-tier programs can kick a guy off the team and insert a replacement player without much of a setback.

Whereas up until a couple of years ago Baylor didn't have many 4 star caliber athletes. Therefore, if one of their core guys gets into trouble it's a lot harder to replace that player. Additionally the decision is made even more difficult when you factor in the reality that coaches and their family's livelihood are tied to on-field success.

Universities like to pretend that graduation rates, player GPA, and raising outstanding young men are important components of coaching. Yet we see coaches who check all three of those boxes get fired each year because they didn't win on the field.

I think that line of thinking led to a lot of these incidents being overlooked.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I did have one theory as to why Baylor appears to be dragging their feet on addressing disciplinary issues.

It's easier for a school like Alabama or Ohio State to kick knuckleheads out of school and off the football team because their rosters are stacked with 4 star recruits. Upper-tier programs can kick a guy off the team and insert a replacement player without much of a setback.

Whereas up until a couple of years ago Baylor didn't have many 4 star caliber athletes. Therefore, if one of their core guys gets into trouble it's a lot harder to replace that player. Additionally the decision is made even more difficult when you factor in the reality that coaches and their family's livelihood are tied to on-field success.

Universities like to pretend that graduation rates, player GPA, and raising outstanding young men are important components of coaching. Yet we see coaches who check all three of those boxes get fired each year because they didn't win on the field.

I think that line of thinking led to a lot of these incidents being overlooked.
Baylor pushed in all of the chips when RG3 came through town and they say the opportunity. I applaud them for that but this win at all cost deal went too far.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ummm, did I tell everyone that Briles was dirty?

The rare victim posts a blog:

http://musingsofstef.blogspot.com/2016/05/dear-baylor-i-no-longer-have-affection.html?m=1
Is there a reason the criminal justice system isn't taking care of this stuff? Not trying to remove responsibility from the University but if someone is raped, their rapist should be in jail, not being worried about graduating or not. If the criminal system was finding these guys guilty no one would be worried about Baylor discipline.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Is there a reason the criminal justice system isn't taking care of this stuff? Not trying to remove responsibility from the University but if someone is raped, their rapist should be in jail, not being worried about graduating or not. If the criminal system was finding these guys guilty no one would be worried about Baylor discipline.
The police did some covering up as well.

The main point is that the accused players were allowed to take remain in the program and continue to tape while things were being covered up. The police even repressed the reports in the computer system because the accused were "high profile".

The entire thing stinks.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

The main point is that the accused players were allowed to take remain in the program and continue to tape while things were being covered up. The police even repressed the reports in the computer system because the accused were "high profile".

The entire thing stinks.
Sounds a lot like how the police helped FSU cover up Winston's sexual assault case.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

The entire thing stinks.
Usually I'd ask why the school should be punishing a kid who the criminal justice system didn't find guilty of anything. But in the case of Baylor this isn't just one or two crazy girls and all evidence points to the police aiding Baylor in keeping this stuff under wraps. That's really concerning.

It also pisses me off a little since Iowa football players can't seem to go anywhere without getting a possession of alcohol under the legal age ticket but Baylor players can do this type of shit and the cops help them hide it.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Usually I'd ask why the school should be punishing a kid who the criminal justice system didn't find guilty of anything. But in the case of Baylor this isn't just one or two crazy girls and all evidence points to the police aiding Baylor in keeping this stuff under wraps. That's really concerning.

It also pisses me off a little since Iowa football players can't seem to go anywhere without getting a possession of alcohol under the legal age ticket but Baylor players can do this type of shit and the cops help them hide it.
The campus police apparently are in on it as well. The entire thing stinks. Bad.

D

Deuce

Is the Baptist Church involved in the school at all or do they just claim to be a Baltist influenced university? If so, this is a real bad look for them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom