Week 4 Gameday Chatter | Saints vs. Cowboys | 09/28/2014

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I have no love loss for Tom Brady (or any other player that is not a Dallas Cowboy for that matter), but I always had much respect for him as a player... and IMO, he is the greatest quarterback of all time. Having said all that, he did something that I never thought I would see him do and quite frankly it took a little shine off his luster. After he threw that pick-6, he just walked over to the bench, sat down not to be seen again (in the game). Just really bizarre.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The Belichick press conference is entertaining. He's bland as usual but you can tell by the look on his face that these reporters are pissing him off with all the tough questions regarding his coaching and personnel decisions.

The Patriots really did overestimate their OL talent. They never should have traded Mankins.

I can't believe I watched that. It was like driving by an accident and trying not to look.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Equally impressive, but I might give us the edge because while the Saints are struggling, they still have weapons.

The Pats don't have anyone that scares you.

This is a result of the organization believing their own hype. They got by with just Brady and excellent coaching for so long that they felt they could just plug whoever they wanted in there, and it would still work.

Time to stop being cheap bastids and start signing some real talent.
Also, the Chiefs were 13-3 last year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have no love loss for Tom Brady (or any other player that is not a Dallas Cowboy for that matter), but I always had much respect for him as a player... and IMO, he is the greatest quarterback of all time. Having said all that, he did something that I never thought I would see him do and quite frankly it took a little shine off his luster. After he threw that pick-6, he just walked over to the bench, sat down not to be seen again (in the game). Just really bizarre.
The guy is probably shell shocked and went into "F it, I don't even care anymore" mode.

I do think he's played a part in his team's own demise. Brady's always taken a standoff-ish stance when it comes to the contracts of teammates and free agents the Patriots choose to target.

Instead of standing up for his teammates and expressing his desire for the team to bring talented players back or talented free agents in, he's always "That's not my job. I leave that up to management."

Techincally he's right, but you can't tell me that the Patriots' decision-makers wouldn't go out of their way to appease their super star QB. So he's cost himself by toeing the company line.

hstour

Brand New Member
The guy is probably shell shocked and went into "F it, I don't even care anymore" mode.

I do think he's played a part in his team's own demise. Brady's always taken a standoff-ish stance when it comes to the contracts of teammates and free agents the Patriots choose to target.

Instead of standing up for his teammates and expressing his desire for the team to bring talented players back or talented free agents in, he's always "That's not my job. I leave that up to management."

Techincally he's right, but you can't tell me that the Patriots' decision-makers wouldn't go out of their way to appease their super star QB. So he's cost himself by toeing the company line.
Can you blame him? He took less money to "help the team" and they let his buddy Wes Welker walk without even really trying to spend some of the savings he gave them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Carl

RIP Brother

It's hard to feel sorry for someone who has led such a charmed career; however the equivalent in Dallas would be if Romo was working behind a porous line and his two best options were Witten and Beasley. I would guess the results would not be too pretty.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Kansas City's home crowd broke the record for loudest NFL stadium noise, previously held by Seattle.

Just our luck, Seattle's next he game is against the Cowboys.

I'm guessing they're gonna be looking to regain their record the next chance they get.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Quality entertainment.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Kansas City's home crowd broke the record for loudest NFL stadium noise, previously held by Seattle.

I'm guessing they're gonna be looking to regain their record the next chance they get.
Which reminds me...during the NO game, I remember hearing Romo screaming, "Kill, KIll!" a few times. But don't recall it ever being changed to a pass play. Seemed like it was always a run.

Impressive.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Big deal. It was already going to be loud anyway. Once it gets to a certain point, being a little louder doesn't make much of a difference.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The league released a statement saying that Hussein Abdullah shouldn't have been penalized for his TD celebration last night. He slid on to his knees and prayed after scoring on the INT return.

Huh? They're seriously cowing to pressure from the PC crowd saying that they penalized him for PRAYING? What happened to the fact that they made it illegal to go to the ground during your celebration? That's why he was penalized, not that he was praying. Who gives a shit what religion he is. When he went to the ground, that's when he broke the rule. (as stupid as it is)

Spineless bastards. Just show them the rule, then tell them to STFU.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The league released a statement saying that Hussein Abdullah shouldn't have been penalized for his TD celebration last night. He slid on to his knees and prayed after scoring on the INT return.

Huh? They're seriously cowing to pressure from the PC crowd saying that they penalized him for PRAYING? What happened to the fact that they made it illegal to go to the ground during your celebration? That's why he was penalized, not that he was praying. Who gives a shit what religion he is. When he went to the ground, that's when he broke the rule. (as stupid as it is)

Spineless bastards. Just show them the rule, then tell them to STFU.
Tebow would go to the ground on one knee. So, because he went both knees it is different?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Tebow would go to the ground on one knee. So, because he went both knees it is different?
He did it in the endzone after scoring? I honestly have no idea. Yeah, if he was still on the playing field, he should have been penalized according to the rules.

And Abdullah didn't just 'go to his knees'. He slid into the endzone on them.

Top Bottom