TV Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
Thinking of watching this Gracepoint show which begins on Fox in a couple of weeks, solely because Nick Nolte is in it. Yik Yak Yok.

D

Deuce

Thinking of watching this Gracepoint show which begins on Fox in a couple of weeks, solely because Nick Nolte is in it. Yik Yak Yok.
The original BBC series with Tenant was supposed to be good. I'm going to go back and watch that one too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Colin Farrell confirmed as one part of True Detective Two. Not sure if good or bad.
~wet fart~

He's awful. He can't keep up with the pace in that show in terms of acting.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Same here. Set to record.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Hopefully Farrell just doesn't try to hard to keep up. With all due respect to Cranston, McConaughey was robbed this year at the Emmys.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So, besides Carp, anyone else watch Gotham?
I'll answer for Carp. The show was good, they did try to force Penguin, Riddler, Cat Woman, and Poison Ivy in there...but the show is not really about them and Batman, it is about Gordon and Bullock. That was pretty good stuff. I will say that Jada Pinkett was actually pretty good too as a villain.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
~flips table and walks out~

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I wish I could see True Detective (legally) without paying for it. I can't bring myself to buy an entire TV season without having seen it and knowing its rewatchability. It seems right up my alley though.

Been reading some of Thomas Ligotti's fiction lately. Ligotti is whom the creator of True Detective has been accused of plagiarizing for the McConaughey character's anti-natalism/nihilism. I soundly disagree with Ligotti's philosophy, but it does make for frightening horror fiction, if anyone's into that sort of thing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish I could see True Detective (legally) without paying for it. I can't bring myself to buy an entire TV season without having seen it and knowing its rewatchability. It seems right up my alley though.

Been reading some of Thomas Ligotti's fiction lately. Ligotti is whom the creator of True Detective has been accused of plagiarizing for the McConaughey character's anti-natalism/nihilism. I soundly disagree with Ligotti's philosophy, but it does make for frightening horror fiction, if anyone's into that sort of thing.
It's an awesome show. HBOGO is a great thing to have.

Top Bottom