Week 9 Gameday Chatter | Cardinals vs. Cowboys| 11/02/2014

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Orton wasnt benched in Chicago, he was traded as part of the Cutler deal. "Getting run out of Denver" was because he got hurt, Tebow took over and took them to the playoffs.
Orton's attitude and work ethic has certainly been questioned from what I remember.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This team still is good. We had more than enough chances to win, just had a QB who sucked. No excuse, you have to be able to win with your back up, but we had a decent shot to win this game against the top team in the NFC.
Yep. Weeden wasn't having trouble frontage pass rush road. He threw too many interceptions and too many off target passes. He was stuck on throwing to Bryant and ignored open receivers. The vertical throws were way off target.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
That's not me being a hater. It's well recorded that there were personal issues between the two which caused Orton to not want to be here. Since he's never been a locker room problem previously, something must be there.

Add in the country club atmosphere Jones' favorite boys routinely get in Dallas and it's not a stretch to believe Romo is a bitch.

But hey, I'm just a hater.
Not sure what you're talking about. Orton has been a locker room problem everywhere that he's been. Except maybe KC, but he was there for only a couple games.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
HI guys. First time, long time.

think we have a chance of getting colt McCoy? I'll hang up now and listen to your answer.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Steelers lose to TB and get blown out by Cleveland. Now they're juggernauts. Unreal.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
What in Gods name was that huge goiter on Joe Greens head.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
In other news...Bob Griffin III comes back and gets outplayed and beat by a rookie QB and our long lost buddy Zimmer....but yet we lost to Colt McCoy.

Yeah...let that one fester for awhile.

data

Forbes #1
:lol at the thought of the nfl sending one if its 'marquee' teams to London and if the jags beat us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Had a bad feeling about the London game before the season started.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And you are wrong.
Now who is talking like their opinion is fact?

Murray averaged 6 or 7 ypc against Washington. There was no need to get them to back off because they weren't stopping it.

And against Arizona, a smart coach rides the league's leading rusher and takes his chances, rather than the joke of a QB that is Weeden.
We ran the ball 23 times despite being down most of the day. I haven't looked up the drive charts, but I'd bet that Weeden rang up most of the 10-pass edge over running plays (he threw 33 times) on that last drive.

Playcalling was for the most part balanced in a game where you were trailing the majority of the time (since 5 min left in the 2nd quarter) and the entire 2nd half.

Don't know what you were watching, but I saw a running game that produced a few third and longs after two straight carries. You can't keep sustaining drives without getting some effectiveness out of the passing game. Unless you think that running on third and eight was going to keep converting into first downs.

Weeden was not able to muster enough to keep those drives going.

The previous week, Romo wasn't able to do anything either.

That's gonna have to be corrected or we can expect a lot more losses going forward.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
While that's true, the alternative to running is to put the game in Weeden's hands. I'd much rather keep chipping away on the ground and see what happens. Hell, Murray averaged 4 ypc against Arizona so it wasn't exactly a disaster when we ran.
Yeah... so the bigger problem was the lack of efficiency in the passing game.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I play Romo without hesitation this week. He is going to be hurt all year, so get the wins while they are there for the taking.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I play Romo without hesitation this week. He is going to be hurt all year, so get the wins while they are there for the taking.
Pretty much. We can't allow Weeden to take another snap on offense. He is fucking horrible.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm not expecting a 6-2 record for the last 8 games but I do think we win more than 2.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, they definitely need to start getting back on track by beating Jax, then hopefully they come off the bye rested and prepared to win a tough game at the Giants.

If they can pull those back to back victories, they'd be in business because they get to face a Philly team led by Mark Sanchez. Win these 3, and you're in first place in the division and you might just turn around see Sanchez again 2 weeks later since this injury is generally a 6-8 week injury at best.

If they go 1-2 in these next 3, they're done. Gotta come out of this 2-1 at worst, but 3-0 almost assures that they'll be in the playoffs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And if for some reason he just absolutely can't go, I start Vaughan and take my chances with the rookie.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And if for some reason he just absolutely can't go, I start Vaughan and take my chances with the rookie.
Same here.

Playing Weeden is exactly like the days when we played Brad Johnson. We knew we had next to no chance of winning and that getting yards and points had a minimal chance of success.

There is no reason whatsoever to send him back out there again.

Top Bottom