Hill: Why not Johnny Manziel to the Cowboys?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Two words when is comes to Johnny Football.

Wade. Wilson.

It really is the end of this discussion.
Yeah...even if I had hope for JF...what the fuck does Wade "career shitty backup" Wilson bring to the table to help make him a better QB?

:lol

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Wade. Wilson.

It would be frustratingly awful if he wasn't included in the coaching staff purge that's coming.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Wade Wilson is useless and dogshit. How this man has scammed a job so many years is beyond me.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Wade. Wilson.

Having Wilson on staff means nothing...why that is even an issue is beyond me. If you have half a brain you know Garrett is the QB coach...hence the bromance with Romo that causes so much drama.

D

Deuce

Having Wilson on staff means nothing...why that is even an issue is beyond me. If you have half a brain you know Garrett is the QB coach...hence the bromance with Romo that causes so much drama.
And the other half of your brain should tell you that most likely Wilson and Garrett will both be gone after next season so the person that develops him won't even be on the current staff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not only that but for anyone that evaluates Wilson based on QB performance, well Romo ain't done too bad.

D

Deuce

Not only that but for anyone that evaluates Wilson based on QB performance, well Romo ain't done too bad.
Wilson is judged on developing QBs. Romo was a Pro Bowl QB in his prime when he came on board.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wilson is judged on developing QBs. Romo was a Pro Bowl QB in his prime when he came on board.
Well then what QBs has he had on board to develop in that time span?

D

Deuce

Well then what QBs has he had on board to develop in that time span?
In his first stint with the team, he had QC, Ryan Leaf, and Anthony Wright. Then coming back he had McGee from the start.

He developed none of them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Leaf was already washed up, Wright went to another club. McGee is the only development QB that Dallas has had. McGee either didn't have it or you an say he was a development failure. Take your pick but it is a narrow focus either way.

D

Deuce

Leaf was already washed up, Wright went to another club. McGee is the only development QB that Dallas has had. McGee either didn't have it or you an say he was a development failure. Take your pick but it is a narrow focus either way.
Leaf was only 25 years old. He was very salvagable. And let's not forget QC. Wilson has had his chance with solid 3 draft picks and none panned out.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Leaf was only 25 years old. He was very salvagable. And let's not forget QC. Wilson has had his chance with solid 3 draft picks and none panned out.
You list is down to players that had serious even fatal flaws in their personality make up that ultimately took them to the bottom. Not an all star lineup.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am not making a case for Wilson being a good or bad QB coach. I am pointing out that there has been a minimal amount of QB development in the Dallas organization.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not making a case for Wilson being a good or bad QB coach. I am pointing out that there has been a minimal amount of QB development in the Dallas organization.
I don't know how you can really judge that. I'd say other then McGee we never really even attempted to develop a QB. McGee is clearly just a scrub player. I don't think any QB coach was turning him into a legit QB.

So where do you think you would see the QB development? In a 40 year old Kitna? In a 30 something wanting to retire Orton? I don't know what type of development one would expect out of Romo, he is basically already putting up stellar numbers. You can't develop choke out of a player.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know how you can really judge that. I'd say other then McGee we never really even attempted to develop a QB. McGee is clearly just a scrub player. I don't think any QB coach was turning him into a legit QB.

So where do you think you would see the QB development? In a 40 year old Kitna? In a 30 something wanting to retire Orton? I don't know what type of development one would expect out of Romo, he is basically already putting up stellar numbers. You can't develop choke out of a player.
That's exactly my point. How do you use QB development as a criteria for assessing the performance of Wade Wilson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's exactly my point. How do you use QB development as a criteria for assessing the performance of Wade Wilson.
You can't. Everyone basically disliked him from the day he was hired on here and he hasn't really had the opportunity to prove otherwise. People are going to continue to hate him until he develops a young QB for them to see.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Did he develop them?
He had the opportunity to develop them. He had Orton and Grossman at the beginning of their careers and Orton didn't develop until after he left.

The "best" QB performance under his watch there was Grossman in 2006 and he threw 23 TDs and 20 picks. Working with a limited QB is an excuse, sort of, but the one thing a good QB coach should be able to do is get a limited QB to commit fewer dumb turnovers.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Romo seems to be the one exception to this general truth.

Top Bottom