NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They're playing well right now, but it's not this point in the game you have to worry about.

It's the final stretch of the 4th that's the problem.
Oh snap!

Mavs up 20 in the 4th.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
18 point lead in the 4th and I can't even get excited.

Oh shit...Make that a 20 point lead with an and 1 coming.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Very weird listening to the Rockets announcers doing play by play for TNT. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Normally the networks go with a neutral booth for national broadcasts rather than the hometown homers.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
23 point lead with 7 min to go....not even the Mavs can blow this, right?

:skurred

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I hope I don't regret this, but I think we've reached a point in the game where not even this Mavs team can blow it.

This is why I was looking forward to watching this team in the playoffs despite being the 8th seed and not having any illusions about winning a championship.....they are entertaining and have played well against the big boys all year long.

If they knew how to close out games, they'd be a 5 or 4 seed instead of an 8.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Aldridge and Howard are exchanging haymakers.

Me likey.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I've honestly been more pissed during a Cowboy preseason game than I have been over this series. Losing in the 1st or 2nd round is not really of too much consequence to me, of course I want them to win but there is a reason that our best scorer is a veteran minimum mid-season signing that was nearly out of the league.

Over the past few seasons I've gone into seasons expecting to compete for championships, so that end is really my only concern for this team, and that's why I wanted them to tank. Of course I don't think Noah's game would have blossomed the way that it has if we had tanked so I can't complain about the lack of tanking.

Nobody knows how Rose will come back, but the only way this team is winning it all is if he comes back at least 90%, so that's what the working assumption has to be. You assume Rose comes back at a certain level, you have a DPOY in Noah and a plethora of assets in terms of draft picks and young players. The organization has the raw material to turn the team into a title contender next year, and they have to do it now, whether or not they can do that is really my only concern.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Rockets perimeter defense has been a problem all year long and it's a problem in this series.

Yes, Aldridge is on fire and they can't really do much about that, but what has decided these two games is that they cannot get stops when they need them against the perimeter players.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Some teams aren't built for the playoffs, the Bulls can't score to save their lives and the Rockets are soft/mentally weak and struggle when the game slows down, happens.

1bigfan13

Staff member
You know Laker fans are killing Dwight Howard right about now.

I know his overall numbers were good but after that fast start he kind of faded away.

Carl

RIP Brother
So 4 point plays for the Thunder in back to back games. LOL. NBA is hard to believe.

Carl

RIP Brother
You know Laker fans are killing Dwight Howard right about now.

I know his overall numbers were good but after that fast start he kind of faded away.

Dwight Howard is a dick. He wants to be loved, a star, paid well, be a leader, without any accountability. No wonder Kobe hated him. I do too.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Uh oh....Chris Paul misses another big free throw.

Can Golden State make them pay?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And it is Paul with great defense on the final possession to help seal the win.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Great defense?! He fucking raped him! God damn blown call.
:lol

I wouldn't say he raped him, but after seeing the replay, there was definitely too much contact for there not to be a foul called.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Damn, what the hell happened to Hibbert?

I know he wasn't a 20/12 guy, but at the same time, he wasn't the absolute bum he's been for the last few months.

What a total collapse the Pacers are under right now.

Top Bottom