Schedule Release Thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

It is amazing how long the Cowboys have gone without a home gimme to open the season, but yet I clearly remember all of our division rivals getting a few of those.

On top of the fact that we've only had like 3 home openers in 13 years or whatever, the few times we have been granted one, it's always a tough game and this is no different.

Just once it would be nice to start at home against the Bucs or Bills or something.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Steelers-Ravens kicks off the CBS-NFLN Thursday night slate

Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT

The NFL has two reasons to assign great games to the Thursday night package to be simulcast on CBS and NFL Network. First, great games deliver major audiences on broadcast TV. Second, the package lasts only one year; great games will create great ratings and in turn more money for the games in 2015 and beyond.

The games may not all be great on paper, but the seven-game CBS-NFLN Thursday night slate features divisional games exclusively.

The new venture launches with a renewal of one of the NFL’s best rivalries: Steelers at Ravens. Multiple cameras surely will be trained to Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin, who may want to consider coaching that game from the press box after last year’s walkabout into the field of play.

For Week Three, the new-look Buccaneers visit the suddenly desperate Falcons in a key early-season NFC South game. This one could be an unexpectedly good game.

For Week Four, the Giants travel to D.C. With a pair of major markets, the ratings should be very strong, even if the game isn’t.

In Week Five, the divisional trend continues, as the Vikings visit the Packers. Again, not a sizzler but a potentially potent contest, especially if the Vikings get off to a strong start it could be intriguing.

In Week Six, it’s the Colts at the Texans. Yes, the 2-14 Texans. But they can’t be as bad this year, can they?

In Week Seven, it’s Jets-Patriots. We’ll see how much the gap has closed between the two teams.

And for the last of the CBS-NFLN Thursday night games, the Chargers visit the Broncos. San Diego won in Denver on a Thursday night last year.

Every division is covered by the seven-week package with the exception of the best one: The NFC West. So while the slate of games is solid, it’s hard to call all of them marquee games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
6-10 from what I envision.
Yea, we'll be worse than last season and I doubt the rest of the division is as awful as they were last season.

I'm guessing 6 or 7 wins at most.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It is amazing how long the Cowboys have gone without a home gimme to open the season, but yet I clearly remember all of our division rivals getting a few of those.
It is also amazing how long the Cowboys have been mediocre where even a last place team seems challenging.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think the one and only season opener in recent memory that was given to is that seemed like it wouldn't be too much trouble was @Tampa in 2009.

All the others were tough for one reason or another.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd say 6 wins too but after counting the game Garrett will give away I'm betting 5-11
You are right.

Garrett sucks ass so bad that he will cost us at least a game or two due to his ineptitude.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
4 of 6 on the road to finish the season. Yeah, I bet that turns out okay.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Manziel vs Kaepernick in week one. Joe Buck will go wild.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'll go with 8-8 until we fuck up the draft. My guess will then be downgraded to 6-10 because Garrett is guaranteed to tank one game all by himself.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Manziel vs Kaepernick in week one. Joe Buck will go wild.
Don't be silly. Romo starts that game.

I anticipate that Romo gets knocked out the week before the Seattle game and Manziel comes in to lead the upset victory against the champs and unleash his havoc on the NFL.

D

Deuce

I'm going 8-8 cause after a rough start to the year, Garrett gets canned and the team responds to Linehan as interim coach going 2-1 at the end and securing his place as next HC.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

7-9 if this team is lucky.

Fuck it, I'm not gonna even bother to pony up the 300 bucks to swap out my projector bulb. Not worth it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Amazing shitstorm of a game...49ers/Seahawks as the late game on Thanksgiving.

Uhhh...when I eat a bunch of turkey and I have been drinking all day...I go to sleep by that point.

I guess they noted the shitty ratings for the third Thanksgiving game.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
we'll catch a break in the sense that Smith will be suspended and Bowman won't be ready by WK1

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
we'll catch a break in the sense that Smith will be suspended and Bowman won't be ready by WK1
And Kaepernick is still dealing with drunk whore gate.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I was kind of hoping to get Sea in the first week...before they get into a groove, but SF is a nice consolation. They do have issues.

Top Bottom