Hill: Why not Johnny Manziel to the Cowboys?

Carp

DCC 4Life
The sarcasm of what you tire from is duly noted but the only point I am making is that Romo may be just fine and I don't see the point in getting in a panic until we know one way or another.
Wonderful. Good stuff. Thanks.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
he's trading next year's first, second, and third to get another first round pick this year = manziel

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hanie is a camp arm, but Werder was saying on Twitter that if Manziel is there at 16 it is a done deal. Although Tampa is now hot for JF.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Again, if he is around after we make our pick, I wouldn't be shocked if we traded up back into the first.

The deal with Manziel and really anywhere he goes is that he goes in the first.

The fifth year option is gold with QBs.

Trade way down with the Niners, trade back up into the first, money.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
If we draft Manziel....my share in the DCC will be for sale.

Seriously.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If we get Manziel I am buying a jersey, shirt, hat, and will be an insufferable homer.

kidd

DCC 4Life
That's a good point. Kidd's head just might explode.
Wouldn't bother me a bit.

I actually like the idea of JFF sitting behind Romo and learning much like Rodgers did with Favruh.

Only difference is that as soon as Romo throws a pick, everyone will jump up and down screaming fo Romo to be benched. Heck people do that now with a career backup on the bench. That's what makesy head explode.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jerry 5/1/13:

“Although we’ve just signed Romo, there’s a time when you start at quarterback, preparing for the future,” Jones explained. “We can’t talk about, I’m forbidden, from league rules of talking at all about an undrafted player, a player that still has eligibility. That has as much to do with your competitive aspect of other teams not liking that. In other words, what are you doing? Are you trying to recruit? Are you getting ahead of things?

kidd

DCC 4Life
I think the Romo injury demise might be getting a bit overblown. He's had some back trouble and it's concerning, but not a death sentence. Especially when the last one, as I believe LT pointed out, was removal of a cyst, not structural damage.

I think Romo can remain an effective QB in this league for a number of years to come. The bigger issue is that his cap hit is going to be $27 million next year. If Romo isn't a Cowboy in the next year or two, I think it will be for cap reasons, not because he's physically unable to perform at a competent level anymore.

In hindsight, if Romo wanted to remain a career Cowboy, I think signing that mega-extension was the worst thing he could have done.

Of course, if he just wanted to rake in a huge signing bonus, mission accomplished.

Personally, part of me hopes we cut him and he goes to some place like San Francisco and wins a ring to stick it to Jerry's incompetent team building.
This...with the exception of him going to San Fran.

The 9ers can suck it.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

Staff member
:lol

No offense, Unk...but this is childish.
No offense taken.

JF isn't going to do a damn thing for this franchise. Jones will pop a boner and give up draft picks in order to get him...no way he's there at 16. So once again, the Cowboys will be out valuable chances at building blocks via the draft for a over-hyped, undersized QB who will be "exciting". :lol

Romo is close to the all time leader in anything QB related with the Cowboys and its been nothing but middle of the pack performance since he took the field, save for 1 year.

JF isn't going to improve on that given the massive holes elsewhere on the team.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

Staff member
But I'm guessing he would've been good with Geno Smith.
Oh, I was a Geno whore....big deal.

I still think he'll be a good QB, and luckily for him he has a GM and coach in place that know how to push his buttons in order to become a better QB. Vick is nothing but a wake-up call for Geno....they had to ride his ass at WVU because he mentally checked out of games.

Too bad we can't say the same about ol Uncle Jer and the retard Trio in the front office who have been afraid to bring anyone in to challenge Romo. Plus, make excuses for him at every turn when the guy throws 6 INT's in a game.
But hey...if that's the worst thing that ever happened to Romo...he's had a great life.

:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Two words when is comes to Johnny Football.

Wade. Wilson.

It really is the end of this discussion.

Top Bottom