Week 8 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Seahawks| 11/1/2015

Stars

DCC 4Life
So we've got...

- penalty for a concussing, but clean hit
- TD awarded by rounding up
- free TO that would've given a 1st down
Exactly. don't they realize we have enough problems without fucking us with calls?

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Directly from the NFL rulebook:

Item 4: Unsportsmanlike Conduct. An attempt to call an excess team timeout or to call a second
timeout in the same dead-ball period by Team B in an attempt to “freeze” a kicker, will be considered
unsportsmanlike conduct and will subject the offending team to a 15-yard penalty (See 12-3). This will
apply to field goal or Try attempts.
Note: If an attempt is made to call a timeout in such situations, the officials shall not grant a timeout; instead,
play will continue, and a penalty will be called, with customary enforcement. If a timeout is inadvertently
granted, the penalty shall also be enforced.
See 12-3-1-v.

data

Forbes #1
I've watched...no, studied and researched...the NFL for 20+ years. I don't understand the rules.

I could be a master rocket scientistist in less time.

data

Forbes #1
I know I'm late to the thread and I'm sure it's been asked, but how is calling a timeout when you can't not at least delay of game? In basketball, it's a T. How is there not some repercussion for stupidity?
I'm thinking Jason Garrett should throw a chair onto the field, Bobby Knight style.

"Referee timeout. No penalty"

D

Deuce

I'm thinking Jason Garrett should throw a chair onto the field, Bobby Knight style.

"Referee timeout. No penalty"
He should have called his own timeout to bitch at them and let them think it through. Instead, he probably just slightly elevated his voice and refused to clap his hands.

data

Forbes #1
Are the Browns playing the Bengals? I can't tell with this tub of lard and hag on my TV.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly we all know what will happen. The Seahags will win and it will all somehow be in honor of their injured teammate. The whole screw up by the refs will never be mentioned again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I know I'm late to the thread and I'm sure it's been asked, but how is calling a timeout when you can't not at least delay of game? In basketball, it's a T. How is there not some repercussion for stupidity?
I seem to remember either Jimmy Johnson or Tom Landry using the rule on purpose to take the penalty but also to get the clock stopped.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Directly from the NFL rulebook:

Item 4: Unsportsmanlike Conduct. An attempt to call an excess team timeout or to call a second
timeout in the same dead-ball period by Team B in an attempt to “freeze” a kicker, will be considered
unsportsmanlike conduct and will subject the offending team to a 15-yard penalty (See 12-3). This will
apply to field goal or Try attempts.
Note: If an attempt is made to call a timeout in such situations, the officials shall not grant a timeout; instead,
play will continue, and a penalty will be called, with customary enforcement. If a timeout is inadvertently
granted, the penalty shall also be enforced.
See 12-3-1-v.
That was my understanding of the rule, hence my post earlier.

data

Forbes #1
Cassel Vick was the only thing we implemented in the gameplan this week.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was my understanding of the rule, hence my post earlier.
Of course, otherwise NFL coaches would just call TOs all they want to delay the game when they are out of them or not allowed to use one.

I mean it's just common sense.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I don't care if it's Cassel rushing for 150 if we win.

McFadden in the backfield with that damn stutter step instead of cutting and taking off.

data

Forbes #1
Of course, otherwise NFL coaches would just call TOs all they want to delay the game when they are out of them or not allowed to use one.

I mean it's just common sense.
Today's refs: "ooooooooooooooooooooh...duh. That makes total sense"

Top Bottom