Archive - Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't like the Chicago draft, but I guess it is better than moving it to a more horrid place, like L.A.
The location wasn't the problem with the draft. The retarded way they ran it was the problem.

D

Deuce

Colts extend TY Hilton for 5 years, $65M.

Makes the Dorsett pick even weirder.

dallen

Senior Tech
Malcolm Jenkins shames DeMarco Murray for not participating in practice

BY JIMMY KEMPSKI

DeMarco Murray has had limited participation in several practices this training camp, and today, he missed his second practice in full. Murray stood off to the side in a hat and his jersey.

At the beginning of Eagles practice today, Malcolm Jenkins weaved through a gaggle of fans and reporters into one of the fan tents, grabbed a folding chair, ran back out onto the field and offered it to Murray. Tim McManus of Birds 24/7 snapped a picture of the chair:

When asked after practice what the folding chair was all about, a smiling (and joking) Jenkins said, "We have a lot of guys that for whatever reason take a little day off, so I just wanted to make sure they had a nice little seat, a place in the shade while we're all working out here."

http://www.phillyvoice.com/malcolm-jenkins-shames-teammates/

Murray seems to be fitting right in

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:towel :laff

Have they even said yet why he's missed any of this practice time? I know Kelly said some crap about monitoring his hydration levels or whatever, but you don't miss this much PT because of hydration.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:towel :laff

Have they even said yet why he's missed any of this practice time? I know Kelly said some crisp about monitoring his hydration levels or whatever, but you don't miss this much PT because of hydration.
Mostly, I think. One was Murray was underhydrated like you said. Another was he had a respiratory infection. Not sure what today was for, but I think he's now missed 5 of 10 practices or something like that. It's starting to raise eyebrows.

For the record I heard the interview with Jenkins and it was definitely a passive aggressive dig at Murray. He tried to laugh it off but There was definitely a dig in there.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Mostly, I think. One was Murray was underhydrated like you said. Another was he had a respiratory infection. Not sure what today was for, but I think he's now missed 5 of 10 practices or something like that. It's starting to raise eyebrows.

For the record I heard the interview with Jenkins and it was definitely a passive aggressive dig at Murray. He tried to laugh it off but There was definitely a dig in there.
Actually they said it was because he was overhydrated. How they would know that is beyond me. Plus, how it would cause him not to practice is a mystery, as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Actually they said it was because he was overhydrated. How they would know that is beyond me. Plus, how it would cause him not to practice is a mystery, as well.
Probably had piss in his eyeballs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That actually wouldn't surprise me though. Murray had a whole routine about drinking a shit ton of water before games. Not sure what being overhydrated hurts but I guess it could impact some organ functions.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That actually wouldn't surprise me though. Murray had a whole routine about drinking a shit ton of water before games. Not sure what being overhydrated hurts but I guess it could impact some organ functions.
They used to warn us about over-hydrating back in the day. Something about how drinking too much water flushes out too much of your body's sodium.

Cotton

Staff member
They used to warn us about over-hydrating back in the day. Something about how drinking too much water flushes out too much of your body's sodium.
Ahh, well that makes sense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Colts extend TY Hilton for 5 years, $65M.

Makes the Dorsett pick even weirder.
The Dorsett pick didn't make sense to me given how many defensive holes they have, but I don't think Dorsett and Hilton are all that similar.

They're both small, speedy guys, but that's where the comparisons end. Hilton has proven to be effective no matter where you line him up and is more complete a player than what was expected of him.

I think Dorsett is the perfect slot/3rd WR type and will be more of a niche guy.

Again, though, I don't know how you spend such a high pick on that guy when it's your defense that needs all the help it can get

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Bears 1st round pick Kevin White could be done for the year with stress fractures in his shin.

The news ticker on NFLN says he's gone for at least the first 6 weeks but that the Bears GM is saying he could possibly be done for the year.

Sucks for them.

Another excuse for Cutler to stink it up?

Top Bottom