Video Game Chatter

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't wanna pay extra either, but as I said before, how could it be free?

Let's say you want to go grab Final Fantasy 7 (PS1 classic) and play it right now. It would cost you at least 20 bucks if you found it at retro gaming shop. Maybe you wanna play MGS2 on PS2, that's gonna be 10-15 bucks because you have to buy the game since renting is not an option.

Even some run of the mill PS1 or PS2 game is gonna be 5 bucks or less.

So now we're supposed to have access to play all of those games any time that we want. How do you justify making that a free feature? I don't think you can.

Like you, I just hope it isn't something like 20 bucks a month. I think 10 or less is fair.
I think people are just annoyed that they have to pay extra to play games they have already purchased. I still have my PS3 and have it hooked up to one of my TVs, but I imagine most people don't want to have to do that to play some of their games.

By the way I'd pay $5.00 a month like you mentioned but I seriously doubt I would get enough game play out of old games to justify much more then that. Hell I don't have time to play more then one or two games at a time as it is.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well it could entice more people to pay for PS+, is all.

Maybe a discount if you are a PS+ member at least.
Well, they made it enticing when they made it mandatory to have PS+ to play online on PS4.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think people are just annoyed that they have to pay extra to play games they have already purchased. I still have my PS3 and have it hooked up to one of my TVs, but I imagine most people don't want to have to do that to play some of their games.

By the way I'd pay $5.00 a month like you mentioned but I seriously doubt I would get enough game play out of old games to justify much more then that. Hell I don't have time to play more then one or two games at a time as it is.
I certainly get this argument, but like you, I kept my PS3 so I won't have that problem.

And actually, I have an original 60 gig so I can already play PS2 and PS1 games on it. :towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I guess these horror-filled, twisted, games are all the rage right now.

Check this one out from the creator of Resident Evil:

It's called The Evil Within.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I guess these horror-filled, twisted, games are all the rage right now.
It's easy to make mediocre ones. They crank 'em out to get some games on the market.

The real AAA releases haven't even been announced yet. You know there will be GTAs, RDRs, Elder Scrolls, and Fallouts for this console. Uncharted is the biggest blockbuster we know of.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I would love to play Tony Hawk Pro Skater for the ps2. I smoked a lot of weed playing that game.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
MLB '13, 2 OUTS, perfect game with Yu Darvish...

DOUBLE!!!!!

I am so pissed right now

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hate all of you right now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I would love to play Tony Hawk Pro Skater for the ps2. I smoked a lot of weed playing that game.
I wish there was a guitar peripheral that would work on PS3/PS4 so I could play Guitar Hero 2.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wish there was a guitar peripheral that would work on PS3/PS4 so I could play Guitar Hero 2.
My son wants to get that for our 360.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
So I decided to get a PS4. Started calling around.. Sold out at all three local best buys, walmarts, and game stops. Game stop dude told me it was sold out nationwide but that you could get the Xbox one all day. :unsure

Top Bottom