NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That Lebron block on Iguodala was epic. I think that play will become one of the historic plays in NBA history that will be referenced for the next several decades.
Amazing play.

I got out of my seat on that one.

Also, imagine if he had sealed the championship by dunking on Draymond with that epic tomahawk.

That would've been up there with Jordan's hand in the air as the greatest Finals clincher ever.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Amazing play.

I got out of my seat on that one.

Also, imagine if he had sealed the championship by dunking on Draymond with that epic tomahawk.

That would've been up there with Jordan's hand in the air as the greatest Finals clincher ever.
If he'd have finished that dunk.....Instant Nike/Gatorade commercial. The block probably ends up in a commercial but that dunk would have been right up there with that Jordan play that you mentioned and the shoulder shrug.

data

Forbes #1
People talking about why Warriors didn't win 2 championships - refs this and that, Kerr didn't make 4th qtr adjustments, etc...

What about the question if the Warriors are lucky to have won 1 championship? With Irving and Love, maybe we're talking back-to-back for Cavs now and Warriors being the 90s version of the Blazers.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The thing that stuck out to me was the absolute arrogance and recklessness in which the Warriors played last night. I've previously pointed out that although they had a lot of success with that fun, reckless style of play, their style of play leads to the development of a lot of bad habits. And, IMO, those bad habits came back to bite them in the ass last night.

They settled for a ton of bad shots that would infuriate me if I were a fan of theirs. My stance has always been that even though Steph & Klay were hitting those shots at a decent percentage those shots were still bad shots.

Then you have the careless passing and ball control issues. Who the hell tries to throw a behind the back pass late in a one possession game in Game 7 of the Finals? That's some crap you'd expect to see from Nick "Swaggy P" Young not the 2x MVP. I chalk it up as either arrogance or just bad habits that have now become second nature for them.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't know, I think we're going a little too far the other way now. They were essentially the same team last year that won 73 games in the regular season this year. That's not a team that is lucky, they are very very good.

They lost 9 games the whole regular season yet lost 7 in just the past few weeks to Cleveland and Oklahoma city. Something is off with them right now but that shouldn't diminish how good they've been.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Then you have the careless passing and ball control issues. Who the hell tries to throw a behind the back pass late in a one possession game in Game 7 of the Finals? That's some crap you'd expect to see from Nick "Swaggy P" Young not the 2x MVP. I chalk it up as either arrogance or just bad habits that have now become second nature for them.
Yup, that was a very very bad pass and awfully careless thing to do at that point in the game.

I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up more.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
These past 2 years came too easy for the Warriors, they had a very easy path to the title last year and they went full tilt for 73 in the regular season this year. That caught up to them once they faced a healthy Thunder/Cavs team. Now that they are humbled a bit I'm guessing they are the frontrunner to win it all next year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION]

I will say this, I would now vault him over Kobe Bryant and that is something I never thought I'd say.

He may not be this killer, and he still has his moments where he remains too passive at the wrong moments, but he's also come a long way and has shown he can take over a big time game in a big time moment. It doesn't get bigger than game 7 of the NBA Finals and the guy dominated all aspects of the game last night. I can't say enough of for how impressed I am by what he did over the last 3 games.

Still, he's not MJ's equal. He just isn't. In fact, I'd still take Magic Johnson and MAYBE Kareem over him on an all time list. But before this series, I had him outside the top 5 because his NBA Finals record wasn't very good, he had moments where he froze that cost his teams games and even championships, and of course the way he had to build teams in order to win. But I was so impressed with what he did in these Finals that I think it washes away ALMOST all that.

So in my list, MJ is still #1, and I'd take Magic over him too, but that's not exactly an insult to be the 3rd greatest player ever. For me, he vaulted a handful of legendary guys last night and I'm sure lots of other people feel the same.

Jiggyfly

Banned
In my mind Lebron is equal to MJ, I get not feeling that way but it's my opinion.

At the same age they both have the same amount of titles.

MJ was never asked to do the dirty work that Lebron does, he had Pippen for that and later Rodman.

MJ had much deeper teams and a HOF coach.

Wade was not as good as Pippen when Lebron was there and he was always hurt come playoff time.

Those Miami teams were 7 deep at most while all of those Chicago teams were very deep.

MJ never led all players in points, rebounds, assist on both teams in a finals run.

4 out 7 of Lebron's finals teams were underdogs.

I am not taking anything away from MJ but I think he has pulled even.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't know, I think we're going a little too far the other way now. They were essentially the same team last year that won 73 games in the regular season this year. That's not a team that is lucky, they are very very good.

They lost 9 games the whole regular season yet lost 7 in just the past few weeks to Cleveland and Oklahoma city. Something is off with them right now but that shouldn't diminish how good they've been.
I think it's fair criticism. They have a very loose and sometimes reckless style of play.

Kerr even said it himself. He said they often border on being reckless or explosive.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hard to believe the season has been over for less than 24 hours and the draft is right around the corner 3 days away.

dallen

Senior Tech

You can't take away how great their regular season accomplishment was, but playoff basketball isn't regular season basketball. Mavericks fans went through this with Nowitzki and Nash for a long time. At some point in the playoffs you have to get tough if you want to win consistantly.

They are very young though. If they can stay together it wouldn't surprise me to see them run off multiple championships in a row.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Lots of rumors making the rounds about the Warriors wanting Dirk Nowitzki.

It would be weird to see the guy in a different uniform, but I hope he goes. He's been the ultimate team player and he deserves another championship.

He took way less money in order for the Mavs to get more pieces, and those pieces were never added.

Go get you another ring, Dirk.

dallen

Senior Tech
Lots of rumors making the rounds about the Warriors wanting Dirk Nowitzki.

It would be weird to see the guy in a different uniform, but I hope he goes. He's been the ultimate team player and he deserves another championship.

He took way less money in order for the Mavs to get more pieces, and those pieces were never added.

Go get you another ring, Dirk.
I agree. No one should question his loyalty to Dallas, but he's not winning another ring here. I'd be really happy to see him win one more before he retires.

(That this would force Cuban to finally go into rebuild mode is also a consideration in my support.)

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I agree. No one should question his loyalty to Dallas, but he's not winning another ring here. I'd be really happy to see him win one more before he retires.

(That this would force Cuban to finally go into rebuild mode is also a consideration in my support.)
Indeed.

2 birds, 1 stone. He gets another shot at a championship like he deserves, and Cuban stops trying to put together a patchwork team built around Dirk.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom