TV Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
DirecTV has VOD but apparently they are not partnered with ABC. After doing a little more reading I found out that unless you are a customer of one of the below companies you have to wait a full week before the content is viewable on ABC.com. Customers of the following companies can watch the material instantly:

AT&T U-verse
BEK TV
Cablevision Optimum
Charter
Comcast XFINITY
Cox Communications
Google Fiber
Midcontinent
Verizon FiOS
U-verse FTW, baby! :towel

D

Deuce

I honestly don't understand why anyone buys cable anymore. Too many sites with streaming shows and a few sites to stream live games is all I need. I hooked my CPU up to my TV and get more than I previously had for just te price of high speed Internet.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I honestly don't understand why anyone buys cable anymore. Too many sites with streaming shows and a few sites to stream live games is all I need. I hooked my CPU up to my TV and get more than I previously had for just te price of high speed Internet.
If it weren't for my love of watching live sports I'd probably ditch cable. All I have with DirecTV is one of the lower tier packages. Just enough to get my ESPNs, NBATV, & NFLN. I have none of the premium packages.

D

Deuce

If it weren't for my love of watching live sports I'd probably ditch cable. All I have with DirecTV is one of the lower tier packages. Just enough to get my ESPNs, NBATV, & NFLN. I have none of the premium packages.
Firstrowsports.eu FTW

dallen

Senior Tech
Where do you watch live games? I just canceled Directv and that is the one piece I haven't figured out yet

D

Deuce

Where do you watch live games? I just canceled Directv and that is the one piece I haven't figured out yet
Firstrowsports

they have every game as well as live feeds for the ESPN's and NFL Network for regular programming.

dallen

Senior Tech
Firstrowsports

they have every game as well as live feeds for the ESPN's and NFL Network for regular programming.
It looks like you have to download an app to run on your computer. Is that right?

D

Deuce

It looks like you have to download an app to run on your computer. Is that right?
No. I didn't download anything. The only exceptions I had to make is you can't run it on an iPad without a browser that supports flash. I use iSwifter for that.

dallen

Senior Tech
No. I didn't download anything. The only exceptions I had to make is you can't run it on an iPad without a browser that supports flash. I use iSwifter for that.
OK, I figured it out. Thanks!

junk

Not So New Member
I swear I wish they would do like a soap opera thing and just replace the actor without telling anyone.

I wouldn't care. Just give the character a performer worthy of the part.
He was in The Wire too, wasn't he? He sucked in that too.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
D'Angelo was great in The Wire, and that is his name mind you, anybody who thinks he sucked in it probably barely saw any of the show.

dallen

Senior Tech
Tyrese player Cutty in The Wire, and he was awesome. D'Angelo was the kicker from The Waterboy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Tyrese player Cutty in The Wire, and he was awesome. D'Angelo was the kicker from The Waterboy.
Are you drunk?

Cutty was more of a bit role while D'Angelo was basically one of the leads for the entire first season.

dallen

Senior Tech
Are you drunk?

Cutty was more of a bit role while D'Angelo was basically one of the leads for the entire first season.
Um, Cutty was one of leads in season 4. What is your point?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Um, Cutty was one of leads in season 4. What is your point?
He didn't have nearly as important a role as D'Angelo did in the first season, I liked Cutty's character but your insinuation that D'Angelo was basically a mascot in the background is ridiculous.

dallen

Senior Tech
He didn't have nearly as important a role as D'Angelo did in the first season, I liked Cutty's character but your insinuation that D'Angelo was basically a mascot in the background is ridiculous.
I never said anything of the sort. I love D'Angelo

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I never said anything of the sort. I love D'Angelo
Ah, you meant he literally played the kicker in that movie, I thought you were saying he was a bit role in the background like the kicker was in that movie.

dallen

Senior Tech
Ah, you meant he literally played the kicker in that movie, I thought you were saying he was a bit role in the background like the kicker was in that movie.
:lol No, he really was. Someone said the actor that plays Tyrese also played D'Angelo. I was just saying the actor that played D'Angelo was the kicker from The Wareboy, not Tyrese

Top Bottom