NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That was a nice throwdown over Bosh and Birdman by Beverly.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If Bosh ever leaves Miami he's going to have to re-learn how to be a PF. Right now it seems like he's perfectly content standing behind the 3 pt line being a spot up shooter.

Granted a lot of today's PFs are outside scorers but Bosh looks like he's slipping into Robert Horry territory. Where he's lurking around the 3 pt line during the bulk of his team's offensive possessions.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
James Harden has become arguably the most crafty player in the league.

He can make you look silly with that step back jumper, get you in the air with a mean pump fake, or draw contact almost at will when he drives to the basket.

All in all, he probably creates more points of out those situations than anyone in basketball right now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If Bosh ever leaves Miami he's going to have to re-learn how to be a PF. Right now it seems like he's perfectly content standing behind the 3 pt line being a spot up shooter.

Granted a lot of today's PFs are outside scorers but Bosh looks like he's slipping into Robert Horry territory. Where he's lurking around the 3 pt line during the bulk of his team's offensive possessions.
Been that way since last season. Like you said, it's ok for now because it fits what they do, but what if the Lebron leaves?

How appealing is a Miami team going to be with a breaking down Dwayne Wade and no young talent to build around for the future? He'll likely leave then have to get back to the blocks and play like a big man and it will probably take some adjusting.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And there goes Harden drawing the foul on Wade because he faked the step back jumper then quickly attacked the basket. :lol

Fun player to watch.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Great ball movement from the Rockets today....and that is a weak ass delay of game call.

Come on....GTFO with that ridiculous call.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Very good game between Miami and Houston, but it looks like Houston is gonna lose this one.

Ever since that bullshit delay of game call, the Rockets haven't scored.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And now a technical on Beverly....for what?

Miami would have probably won this anyway, but the Rockets got some awful calls against them down the stretch that made no sense.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rockets totally lost their composure...Lin and Beverly are not the guys you want shooting at the end.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rockets totally lost their composure...Lin and Beverly are not the guys you want shooting at the end.
Lin had absolutely no business being on the court for the last 4 min of that game.

Not sure what McHale was aiming for with that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think the Rockets are disciplined enough offensively to execute in pressure moments in the playoffs against elite defense. Their offense is basically built on being frenetic and up tempo, that won't work deep in the playoffs. That, combined with their defense, is why I don't look at them as serious title contenders, I see the conference finals as their ceiling with a 2nd round exit being the likeliest scenario.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't think the Rockets are disciplined enough offensively to execute in pressure moments in the playoffs against elite defense. Their offense is basically built on being frenetic and up tempo, that won't work deep in the playoffs. That, combined with their defense, is why I don't look at them as serious title contenders, I see the conference finals as their ceiling with a 2nd round exit being the likeliest scenario.
I think that's a pretty accurate assessment of them.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
If you had to start a team today and had a chance to pick any NBA player where would you pick Anthony Davis? Has to be in top 5.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
LeBron and Durant are clearly 1-2, Davis is right there along with anybody in the conversation for 3.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd take Davis over both George and Harden if i was starting a team right now.
I can see that, but I think George is a Lebron-lite in the making.

He can do it all and the way he played in those Eastern Conference Finals against Lebron tells me he's a big time player too.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Mavs go to OKC and win by 23.

~Furley sniff~
Very pathetic effort all around by the Thunder.

Granted Westbrook didn't play and they started two rookies in place of two injured starters (Sefolosha & Perkins) but that's no excuse for simply going through the motions and not even competing.

A loss under those circumstances is understandable but the total lack of effort is not. Since the All-Star break OKC just doesn't GAF on the defensive end. They've gotten very lazy on defense. This is when they need a coach like Tom Thibodeau to kick them in the ass.

I'd be happy if they played with half the effort the Bulls play with. Speaking of which, I fully expect the Bulls to win by 10 tonight because I know the Bulls will play hard. OKC, not so much.

Top Bottom