JJT: Fear of Tony Romo injury shouldn't make Cowboys reach for quarterback

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
then why wouldn't the Browns have made the trade instead?
You sure have a lot of faith in a franchise that has proven time and time again that it will shoot itself in the foot in any and all football decisions.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They are already talking to each other what it would take to get from a) to b), it can easily be done.
True if it Is done before before hand but it will be a what if set of trade rules. It may even entail more than one trade partner.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This only happens if someone wants Wentz as badly as the Rams wanted Goff (or vice versa) AND if he falls to pick 4-- and then why wouldn't the Browns have made the trade instead?
Because the Browns love someone at 2 that they wouldn't be able to get at 7? Everyone has been so locked in on them taking a QB but maybe they absolutely love Ramsey or Tunsil?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If Tunsil is still on the board you might get a trading partner.
That's probably true, but the market won't be for anything in the same neighborhood, or even the same country or planet as the deal Tennessee got.

You only make that kind of trade for a QB (or maybe a pass rusher or possibly a star WR).

But no one will know if both QB s are gone until the draft starts. Chances are that a deal would be made before that since Dallas is number 4 and it seems apparent that the number 1 pick is going after one of the QBs. It's a pretty short time to try to strike up a deal from scratch after the draft starts.
Oh you know Dallas will have a great idea of what they are going to ask for in case any of the top players falls to 4.

But they won't get a kings ransom like Tennessee got for anyone except Wentz/Goff, and if someone is willing to trade all that with Dallas then it's certainly a deal Cleveland or SD would take as well.

You sure have a lot of faith in a franchise that has proven time and time again that it will shoot itself in the foot in any and all football decisions.
Cleveland's done this recently with Atlanta for Julio Jones, and though they suck at actual drafting they are amazing at trading. Anyone who can get a 1st for Trent Richardson after he's already proven he sucks gets the benefit of a doubt.
Because the Browns love someone at 2 that they wouldn't be able to get at 7? Everyone has been so locked in on them taking a QB but maybe they absolutely love Ramsey or Tunsil?
Could be, but there is no one in this draft you don't toss in a quick second for the kind of picks Tennessee got. I still think Cleveland is going to draft a QB. Heck there are rumors Philly wants to trade up with them in a bad way for a shot at Goff.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could be, but there is no one in this draft you don't toss in a quick second for the kind of picks Tennessee got. I still think Cleveland is going to draft a QB. Heck there are rumors Philly wants to trade up with them in a bad way for a shot at Goff.
Well no shit. No one else is going to get what the Titans got in another trade in this draft.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The fact that we sent the entire contingent to work out Goff at this point is very interesting.

I'm not sure what to make of it, could just be due diligence, it could be that we were somewhat interested in trading up for Wentz and now we want a closer look at Goff to see whether or not he is worth trading up for since the chances of him dropping to 4 are quite slim.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The fact that we sent the entire contingent to work out Goff at this point is very interesting.

I'm not sure what to make of it, could just be due diligence, it could be that we were somewhat interested in trading up for Wentz and now we want a closer look at Goff to see whether or not he is worth trading up for since the chances of him dropping to 4 are quite slim.
Sure seems like either a smoke screen or we are getting a final look before we consider trading up to 2.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm usually against trading up, but for a potential franchise QB?

Hell yeah. Count me in. Before the Rams trade, I figured at least one of them would make it to 4. I'm not so sure now.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The market has been set. You want to trade up, it will be less from 4 to 2 than from 15 to 1, but not by much because a QB is involved.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Did Romo ever get an operation? I have not heard anything.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The market has been set. You want to trade up, it will be less from 4 to 2 than from 15 to 1, but not by much because a QB is involved.
Uh, it will be a lot less. The question is, do the Browns want to move down? Or conversely, if they do want to move down, maybe they'd rather a bigger package from a team who picks later than 4.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Uh, it will be a lot less. The question is, do the Browns want to move down? Or conversely, if they do want to move down, maybe they'd rather a bigger package from a team who picks later than 4.
I think a second could be the price which is rough but no where near our entire draft and next years first.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You trying to tell us a move that involves moving 14 spots to the #1 overall pick will be close in compensation to moving 2 spots?

:lol

Ok.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You trying to tell us a move that involves moving 14 spots to the #1 overall pick will be close in compensation to moving 2 spots?

:lol

Ok.
Absolutely. Because they are trading for a QB. If you think that doesn't matter, you're high. Look at Schmitty right now if you want proof. He's totally begging to trade up, when just a week or two ago he scoffed at the idea of trading up for Wentz because he thought one QB might fall to 4.

QB's have that effect.

Simple precedence was SD trading with Arizona *one spot* from 3 to 2 in 1998 costing them pick 34, their 1999 first round pick, KR Eric Metcalf, and LB Patrick Sapp.

Compare that with 1991, when Dallas traded just its 11 overall and their 2nd round pick for the 1st overall pick and a shot at Rocket Ismail.

It will absolutely cost a fortune because it's a QB, and the only difference is Dallas with the 4th pick has more ammo than St Louis did.

But we're not getting away with trading just a 2nd rounder. Expect something like 4 overall, next years 1st, 34, and 2017's 2nd rounder for pick 2 overall. It will be insane.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ravi, don't take this the wrong way, but your recent posts suggest you ate lead related paint chips as a child.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Absolutely. Because they are trading for a QB. If you think that doesn't matter, you're high. Look at Schmitty right now if you want proof. He's totally begging to trade up, when just a week or two ago he scoffed at the idea of trading up for Wentz because he thought one QB might fall to 4.

QB's have that effect.

Simple precedence was SD trading with Arizona *one spot* from 3 to 2 in 1998 costing them pick 34, their 1999 first round pick, KR Eric Metcalf, and LB Patrick Sapp.

Compare that with 1991, when Dallas traded just its 11 overall and their 2nd round pick for the 1st overall pick and a shot at Rocket Ismail.

It will absolutely cost a fortune because it's a QB, and the only difference is Dallas with the 4th pick has more ammo than St Louis did.

But we're not getting away with trading just a 2nd rounder. Expect something like 4 overall, next years 1st, 34, and 2017's 2nd rounder for pick 2 overall. It will be insane.
This is some of the stupidest shit I've ever read on this board. And that's saying a lot considering Jiggy and Bipo are active posters.

Congratulations.

Top Bottom