Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2016

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It will be even more curious if we don't bring any of the QB's in for an official visit.
It's interesting. Because if you look at our private workouts the majority of them are for QB's. It would be mighty odd to go through all of those private workouts and then not bring them in for official visits. Something would certainly be fishy in my opinion.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
It seems to me like we've rarely drafted the guys we bring in for official visits

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We do for the first round.
Last year our first, second, third and fourth round picks were all predraft visits. If anything I sort of wonder if our draft board really just consists of 30 pet cats that we try to bring in for visits and then draft. Which would be horrible strategy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Last year our first, second, third and fourth round picks were all predraft visits. If anything I sort of wonder if our draft board really just consists of 30 pet cats that we try to bring in for visits and then draft. Which would be horrible strategy.
I would prefer that rather than what we did with Claiborne, which is not bring him in at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would prefer that rather than what we did with Claiborne, which is not bring him in at all.
I agree with our first rounder. What really concerns me are the later round guys. What it tells me is that instead of just letting the draft come to them Dallas has already sort of pegged out who they want in the third, fourth, fifth round. And if those guys aren't available in those rounds they trade out or panic. That's what is most concerning to me. It's like we aren't really prepared to just take the most talented guy later in the draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree with our first rounder. What really concerns me are the later round guys. What it tells me is that instead of just letting the draft come to them Dallas has already sort of pegged out who they want in the third, fourth, fifth round. And if those guys aren't available in those rounds they trade out or panic. That's what is most concerning to me. It's like we aren't really prepared to just take the most talented guy later in the draft.
Well, we short board it. Got like a handful of guys and when they are gone, Jesus take the wheel.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, we short board it.
Yeah this drives me crazy. To me it is just lazy. I'd rank every player that is likely to be drafted plus some. I also wouldn't put any guys in a box or any of that bullshit. If a guy has major concerns you might knock him way down the board but pulling him entirely off just seems silly. By the way, this is why I think our drafts seem to tail off in the later rounds. Instead of taking a guy who was a third round prospect who fell we don't even have him on our board. We are busy taking a sixth round prospect that we had pegged as someone we would like in the sixth round before the draft.

To me you rank all the guys. Maybe a corner is likely to go in the third round and you wouldn't take him there. But you still rate him because if he is available in the fifth you sure as shit should take him.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
We do for the first round.
Well then I am wrong. It was just the impression I had. Too lazy to go look it up. I knew I could count on one of you to correct me if I was wrong. :)

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

:towel
:towelEdge James part 2.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sounds like Goff, Wentz and Lynch are coming in for visits, seems relevant to our interests.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Newest predraft visit list

CBS Rank Name POS College Proj. Rd Status
2 Jalen Ramsey CB Florida State 1 Official Visit
3 Joey Bosa DE Ohio State 1 Official Visit
5 Jared Goff QB California 1 Official Visit
6 DeForest Buckner DE Oregon 1 Official Visit
7 Carson Wentz QB N.D. State 1 Official Visit
8 Ezekiel Elliott RB Ohio State 1 Official Visit
10 V Hargreaves CB Florida 1 Official Visit