Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Holy shit you don't think Ramsey made plays in college.:dunce

Woodson had 5 int's in college and avereged less than 2 int's a year in the pro's.

Using int's a the only play-making tool to judged Ramsey is stupid like it would be for Woodson as a pro.
Well, Ramsey only had 3 so he should average .5 or so in the pros.

Ramsey doesn't make plays, he doesn't force turnovers, he's not going to go for 100+ tackle seasons in the pros like Woodson either. Woodson was a strong safety that could cover WRs. Ramsey is an athlete that can cover certain matchup based assignments. No, the guy doesn't make plays. A freak athlete with his abilities as a CB/S hybrid should be an Ed Reed type difference maker. He's going to be invisible in the pros while people say he "did a good job covering Jimmy Graham" on a defense that he otherwise makes no impact on.

Also, Woodson was a god damned second round pick, because transitioning a highly productive undersized LB to SS was a big risk that payed off.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well, Ramsey only had 3 so he should average .5 or so in the pros.

Ramsey doesn't make plays, he doesn't force turnovers, he's not going to go for 100+ tackle seasons in the pros like Woodson either. Woodson was a strong safety that could cover WRs. Ramsey is an athlete that can cover certain matchup based assignments. No, the guy doesn't make plays. A freak athlete with his abilities as a CB/S hybrid should be an Ed Reed type difference maker. He's going to be invisible in the pros while people say he "did a good job covering Jimmy Graham" on a defense that he otherwise makes no impact on.

Also, Woodson was a god damned second round pick, because transitioning a highly productive undersized LB to SS was a big risk that payed off.
It's very evident you don't know shit about Ramsey, this he is only an athlete thing shows your lack of knowledge.

Ramsey was a hitting machine in college I could easily see him getting over a hundred tackles in the pros, his willingness and ability to tackle is farthest question mark he has.

He can cover the slot, TE's as well as boundary receivers something Woodson was not great at.
He makes TFL's and sacks and has forced some fumbles, he will make an impact on any defense he plays on.

Ed reed types come along once every 5 to 10 years and Reed was not a great athlete so the comparison is moot.

And the questions remains if you could get Woodson type production at 4 would you do it, where Woodson was actually drafted has nothing to do with it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, Woodson playing LB in college, yet still racking up more INT's than Ramsey, and then being a 2nd round pick, not the 4th overall, kind of makes a big difference.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
People sure have bought into the freak thing with Ramsey, hook, line and sinker.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yea, Woodson playing LB in college, yet still racking up more INT's than Ramsey, and then being a 2nd round pick, not the 4th overall, kind of makes a big difference.
Makes a big difference how?

Woodson averaged less than 2 int's a year as a pro yet that is no knock on him.

Why can't Ramsey do the same types of things and be just as valuable?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Makes a big difference how?

Woodson averaged less than 2 int's a year as a pro yet that is no knock on him.

Why can't Ramsey do the same types of things and be just as valuable?
Because a S/CB has more opportunities for INT's than a LB.

And Woodson was a bit player his first year in the league and his stats are dragged down by the fact that he only had 2 total INT's over his last 2 seasons as he was nearing the end. If you could guarantee me that Ramsey would have 20+ INT's while starting for us for a decade I'd be fine with taking him if we didn't have such a dire need at QB and the opportunity to draft a guy like Goff or Wentz.

If both QB's were gone, we couldn't trade down and you could guarantee me that type of production out of Ramsey as a safety next to Jones I'd be fine with it since that would likely mean that we'd have one of the best safety duos in the league.

I get what you're saying about impacting a defense without racking up 8 INT's a year but I also think you're underselling Woodson's ability to get INT's while he was in his prime.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
And the questions remains if you could get Woodson type production at 4 would you do it, where Woodson was actually drafted has nothing to do with it.
Guaranteed? Sure. You're guaranteeing that Ramsey will be good or better than Darren Woodson as a pro. I want that on record. Jiggy guarantees that Ramsey's FLOOR is a HoF quality safety. This is better than BiPo saying that Derrick Johnson's career would far overshadow DeMarcus Ware's.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Freak has nothing to do with it, he can impact a defense without high int numbers.

You know like Woodson did.
That is in concept and not looking at the fit.

Marinelli's system is quite rigid and I don't see him being able to flex enough to use players like Ramsey or Jack. That is the unfortunate part of it all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Marinelli's system is quite rigid and I don't see him being able to flex enough to use players like Ramsey or Jack. That is the unfortunate part of it all.
Eh, Jack looks like the prototype WLBer for a Marinelli defense. A position that is extremely important in his defense.

Ramsey I'd probably just plug at safety or corner and say let him play. The versatility does nothing for me since we already have a guy like that in Bryon Jones.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Hey, this guy right now is better than Woodson was at his best. He'll be a 10 time all pro if he doesn't break his leg and he'll do it without forcing a single turnover. /Jiggy

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, this guy right now is better than Woodson was at his best. He'll be a 10 time all pro if he doesn't break his leg and he'll do it without forcing a single turnover. /Jiggy
Shit it's like extremes. Either someone thinks he is an all pro or a guaranteed draft bust.

Put me in the category of someone who thinks he will fall somewhere between those two things. Try solid starting corner or safety if you ask me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Shit it's like extremes. Either someone thinks he is an all pro or a guaranteed draft bust.

Put me in the category of someone who thinks he will fall somewhere between those two things. Try solid starting corner or safety if you ask me.
I agree. And, a solid safety/corner is not worth the #4 overall pick.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Yeah. And that's not worth the 4th pick overall. A solid starter at that spot is a draft bust.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah. And that's not worth the 4th pick overall. A solid starter at that spot is a draft bust.
I agree, but other then the QBs, who do you think is a likely all pro? Bosa doesn't. Jack couldn't even be all conference. Now he will be an all-pro? Tunsil could be, but we have a ln all pro LT. Honestly you know who I think would have the best shot at being an all-pro in Dallas? Sheldon Rankins.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eh, Jack looks like the prototype WLBer for a Marinelli defense. A position that is extremely important in his defense.

Ramsey I'd probably just plug at safety or corner and say let him play. The versatility does nothing for me since we already have a guy like that in Bryon Jones.
So what about Lee?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what about Lee?
I'm not saying we should draft Jack. If we were going to draft Jack I don't think we would have signed Rolando back. I'd have moved Lee back to the middle and put Jack at the WLBer spot. Now, I don't see it happening.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm not saying we should draft Jack. If we were going to draft Jack I don't think we would have signed Rolando back. I'd have moved Lee back to the middle and put Jack at the WLBer spot. Now, I don't see it happening.
Well, at least you understand that. I also think if we signed one of the FA corners, Ramsey would be out of the discussion.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, at least you understand that. I also think if we signed one of the FA corners, Ramsey would be out of the discussion.
All indications are that we will either draft Bosa, QB or trade down. At least that's my opinion from the list of guys we have visited with or are bringing in for a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom