MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I hope the Cubs win it all.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think you are wrong about the AL. I think Toronto would have the best chance out of the AL. I can only hope that the NL teams beat themselves up.
I kind of think the Angels might be the team to beat...although KC seems built for this type of year.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I think the Pirates/Cubs are sitting in a good spot...they get the Cards, who have been awesome, but they are not awesome now. The WC winner may be the NL favorite. I also like the Mets match up with LA too...Kershaw and Greinke are not great to go against in 1 and 2, but the team as a whole has limped to the finish line.

If the Mets do end up playing the Cubs/Pirates in the NLDS I don't feel good about it. The Cubs have owned the Mets and the Pirates just have a very veteran, professional way about them that showed when we played them. It is going to be fun though...all these teams are exciting. IMO the AL pretty much sucks donkey dicks, but I could be a bit NL homerific.
Cardinals are in legit trouble. Injuries have really hit them hard. They are definitely ripe for the picking and I would love nothing more than for the Cubs to knock those MFers out.

Funny, I don't feel great about the Cubs facing the Mets. They did totally own them this regular season but that was a different Mets team. Honestly at this point I think the Cubs can beat anyone but they are relying on so many young bats in big situations it is hard to imagine them going to far this year. The rotation after Arrieta and Lester is very questionable too. The NL is just brutal.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I have nothing against them directly, it's all hate by association because of Maddon. I hope they underachieve every year with him and once he's replaced, win as many as you like.
Oh I know, but the meme still applies!

Carp

DCC 4Life
Cardinals are in legit trouble. Injuries have really hit them hard. They are definitely ripe for the picking and I would love nothing more than for the Cubs to knock those MFers out.

Funny, I don't feel great about the Cubs facing the Mets. They did totally own them this regular season but that was a different Mets team. Honestly at this point I think the Cubs can beat anyone but they are relying on so many young bats in big situations it is hard to imagine them going to far this year. The rotation after Arrieta and Lester is very questionable too. The NL is just brutal.
Thankfully the Harvey talk has kind of died down, but all this stuff coming out in the stretch run pissed me off. I love Harvey, but Boras may make him tough to re-sign...although if things go well this year, the guy can own New York.

Honestly, just seeing their make ups and what not, but I would rather have Syndergaard or deGrom if I was forced to pick an ace.

We are going to push him to game 3 or 4,

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nervous shits right now.

Cotton

Staff member
:towel

Cotton

Staff member
1 more.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Been awful quiet in here since the BoSox fan was popping off. 3 games gained in 3 days... Ouch.

Starting to look like the Astros will pass them for the division title, and the Twins will leave them on the outside looking in for the WC. :towel

We haven't even been getting Jerry Callow updates.
Come again?

:art

Rev

Staff member
Go Twins!! (not sarcastic and just for this weekend).

I want no part of playing Toronto first so need KC to lose.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Go Twins!! (not sarcastic and just for this weekend).

I want no part of playing Toronto first so need KC to lose.
No sarcasm here, either. Not often I want the Rangers to win. I need them to beat the Angels.

Rev

Staff member
No sarcasm here, either. Not often I want the Rangers to win. I need them to beat the Angels.
I'm hoping for a sweep. Really want that 90th win.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm hoping for a sweep. Really want that 90th win.
I told you this yesterday, but after all the injuries I expected around 75, and thinking if we got to 80 it would be a successful year. 90 would be f'ing awesome.

Cotton

Staff member
Let's do this.

Top Bottom