Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

I don't understand why Shrimp Beasley wasn't a bigger part of our 2nd half attack. They covered the backs better but his underneath stuff should have compensated for that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't understand why Shrimp Beasley wasn't a bigger part of our 2nd half attack. They covered the backs better but his underneath stuff should have compensated for that.
Maybe he simply couldn't get open?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maybe he simply couldn't get open?
Or maybe Weeden couldn't read the coverage fast enough to get it to him. Or maybe Weeden just went to the dump-off option too fast on every single play.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And even with Romo and Dez playing it wasn't like they were lighting the Giants up.

Romo was doing a lot of short passing himself.
True.

I think this is the Linehan we did not get to see.

You know, the one from Minnesota and Detroit that thought throwing the ball to the backs is kind of a big deal.

The more games we play this year, the more I am convinced that last year was just some perfect storm that won't be duplicated.

That was the Cowboys team I craved. Run the ball, physical, keep the QB from having to save the day. We needed a better defense.

I doubt we see that again during Garrett's tenure.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The more games we play this year, the more I am convinced that last year was just some perfect storm that won't be duplicated.
Definitely a perfect storm. Some key elements being were Callahan coaching elite talent and Murray and Dez in contract years.

With Romo's age I agree it's going to be a long while before we see a 2014-level of offense in Dallas again, so our best chance of improvement is on the defensive side.

Unless the OL finds its groove again, Romo and Dez heal at 100%, and Micheal comes through as the physical back this offense needs.

I know, it was hard to even finish typing the sentence.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
True.

I think this is the Linehan we did not get to see.

You know, the one from Minnesota and Detroit that thought throwing the ball to the backs is kind of a big deal.

That was the Cowboys team I craved. Run the ball, physical, keep the QB from having to save the day. We needed a better defense.

I doubt we see that again during Garrett's tenure.
:fyou

DFDC

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately he wasn't blessed with hands like Irvin.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Irvin dropped more balls than people remember. He also made a lot of ugly catches that were into his body. Being blessed with perfect hands was not his best attribute.
Could be, I was pretty young in those days. I do remember him body catching some of those slants but I remember him also have big mitts sort of like Dez.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
bwahahahahaha

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Work ethic is one thing. Being really talented is another.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Sounding like Irvin should take offense

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

D

Deuce

Leonard Fournette sure would look good with a star on his helmet.
I wouldn't hesitate to trade up in the 1st to get him in 2 years. He's basically the next Adrian Peterson without the injury history or fumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom