Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So if there is a Bears fire sale, I think I might be in on Matt Forte.
Where are you going to stack him in the Running Back wood pile. There is already a prospect on the PS that should replace McFadden but who knows if that will happen. Randle and Dunbar are by far the most productive so that's two that shouldn't be moved at least for now. Do you shuck Michael before he even gets a tryout or do you try to pull the plug on the owners pet cat? I don't see where picking up Forte will offer any solution to the the committee.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Adding Forte solves the committee issue because there is no more committee. Forte is your new Murray and gets 90% of the touches.

Mostly a pipe dream about trading for him though.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Don't give me the Michael excuse for not getting Forte. I will take any other excuse but not that one. One is a proven productive back and the other is a guy that was dropped because he had issues. If you believe that tweet to be true then the cowboys evidently don't have a problem with bringing in Forte with the other jokers.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Don't give me the Michael excuse for not getting Forte. I will take any other excuse but not that one. One is a proven productive back and the other is a guy that was dropped because he had issues. If you believe that tweet to be true then the cowboys evidently don't have a problem with bringing in Forte with the other jokers.
It's not an excuse it's logistics puzzle. First you are going to have to convince the owner that the current personnel alignment at the RB position should be blown up and reinstalled in the middle of an impending season crises.

dallen

Senior Tech
Where are you going to stack him in the Running Back wood pile. There is already a prospect on the PS that should replace McFadden but who knows if that will happen. Randle and Dunbar are by far the most productive so that's two that shouldn't be moved at least for now. Do you shuck Michael before he even gets a tryout or do you try to pull the plug on the owners pet cat? I don't see where picking up Forte will offer any solution to the the committee.
Forte is miles ahead of anyone currently on our roster

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not that surprising.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Adding Forte solves the committee issue because there is no more committee. Forte is your new Murray and gets 90% of the touches.

Mostly a pipe dream about trading for him though.
He's too old for me. If we had all other hands on deck it would make more sense to try to make a run this year and let the chips fall where they may. But without Romo and Dez especially, the season's probably already DOA. And if that's true, it's hard to justify trading for a RB who turns 30 in early December.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not questioning that. It really a decision as to whether you can convince the powers that be to blow up the current personnel configuration.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
This. I don't think Forte is the answer to our problems but to act like he wouldn't immediately be the best rb on the team is just being dishonest

Genghis Khan

I wonder what the price tag would be.

The other consideration is contract. We had to rework Witten just to fit Cassel. Not sure we could make it work with Forte and/or Jeffrey.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This. I don't think Forte is the answer to our problems but to act like he wouldn't immediately be the best rb on the team is just being dishonest
Yeah, but the idea of some miracle trade making a difference right now is not exactly honest either.

The run game isn't going to click until we get our QB back.

Genghis Khan

Although to be honest, the prospect of Romo, Dez, Forte, Jeffrey, Witten, plus that offensive line for the next couple years is very, very enticing if we could somehow make it work.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, but the idea of some miracle trade making a difference right now is not exactly honest either.

I agree, why I said I don't think Forte is the answer

Rev

Staff member
It's not an excuse it's logistics puzzle. First you are going to have to convince the owner that the current personnel alignment at the RB position should be blown up and reinstalled in the middle of an impending season crises.
It's not logistics. One is going to go when (hypothetical) Forte is added. You don't bother with wondering if you should keep any of the backs we have over Forte. He is a proven commodity.

Rev

Staff member

It just depends on how you honestly think you can do between now and 7 weeks. If you really think you can stay afloat then adding Forte would be worth it (depending on the cost and contract stuff of course).

I don't think they will pull the trigger on a deal,though.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not logistics. One is going to go when (hypothetical) Forte is added. You don't bother with wondering if you should keep any of the backs we have over Forte. He is a proven commodity.
It's logistics when you want to replace the owners pet cat because we all know who should go. Otherwise you will still be stuck with Mac on the roster and hoping Forte wouldn't get injured. Obviously in this scenario Micheal would be gone.

Rev

Staff member
It's logistics when you want to replace the owners pet cat because we all know who should go. Otherwise you will still be stuck with Mac on the roster and hoping Forte wouldn't get injured. Obviously in this scenario Micheal would be gone.
McFadden won't play over Fort regardless of where he went to college.

If that was the case we would have added Felix Jones and the other hog rb

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When Lance Dunbar is your reception leader, your offense is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom