NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So Jimmy Butler is basically playing at a Klay Thompson or Paul George level right now.

I still can't believe how much he's improved since last season, it's probably the single biggest reason the Bulls are a title contender.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So Jimmy Butler is basically playing at a Klay Thompson or Paul George level right now.

I still can't believe how much he's improved since last season, it's probably the single biggest reason the Bulls are a title contender.
I made the same comparison the other day. I was telling a friend of mine that Butler's ascension was very similar to Paul George's.

About a week or so ago, Kenny Smith said his career path reminded him of Kyle Lowry's but I think George is the better comparison.

Jiggyfly

Banned

I would take this Butler over George even before the injury, he just seems to impact the game more.

To bad Chicago will not pay him, hello Lakers.:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would take this Butler over George even before the injury, he just seems to impact the game more.

To bad Chicago will not pay him, hello Lakers.:lol
They already offered him about 12 a year before the season, I think the max for him is only a bit more at 15, they'll pay it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Mavs offense just carving up the Thunder early on.

OKC surprisingly are only down 22-16.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hou-SAS has been a pretty good game from the bits and pieces that I've watched.

I'm going to have to watch the full replay later tonight.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Westbrook was the best player on the court tonight...........for the Mavs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Watching OKC's offense the final 2 minutes of the game is a perfect example of what I was ranting about the other day.

Just a bunch of bad one on one basketball by the Thunder PGs. No system being run whatsoever.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Watching OKC's offense the final 2 minutes of the game is a perfect example of what I was ranting about the other day.

Just a bunch of bad one on one basketball by the Thunder PGs. No system being run whatsoever.
It's nice to get the win, but the Mavs just struggle way too much fur my liking against teams that aren't even at full strength.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hou-SAS has been a pretty good game from the bits and pieces that I've watched.

I'm going to have to watch the full replay later tonight.
Too many damn turnovers by Houston and too many WTF shots by SA.

Somebody must have said something to Smith about shots because he was much too passive, which led to turnovers.

We are going to have some bumps going forward until we get a set rotation and the new guys get comfortable.

Cory Brewer has beasting.:lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't give Blatt much more time...he seems like he would have been better off without James and Love...both added after he came on. Hard for longterm vets to buy into a coach who really has no track record. Lue doesn't either, but he has been coaching in the NBA at least.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't give Blatt much more time...he seems like he would have been better off without James and Love...both added after he came on. Hard for longterm vets to buy into a coach who really has no track record. Lue doesn't either, but he has been coaching in the NBA at least.
If they decide to go in a different direction, then they need to go with a proven coach who can command the respect of the team. By going with Lue, there's no way you're gonna convince anyone that he's telling Lebron what to do, and it would be a bad idea to let Lebron run the team.

If I were Cleveland, I'd go straight for George Karl.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If they decide to go in a different direction, then they need to go with a proven coach who can command the respect of the team. By going with Lue, there's no way you're gonna convince anyone that he's telling Lebron what to do, and it would be a bad idea to let Lebron run the team.

If I were Cleveland, I'd go straight for George Karl.
Read some things where Lue has the respect of the players. Karl would be a bad fit, they need help defensively.

Tony D

DCC 4Life

He gone.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Mavs sure can beat the best teams the East has to offer......if only they could do the same within their own conference.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Rondo is killing it early on in his return to Boston.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Pelicans have the look of a team that is primed to make a big leap next year. They may sneak into the playoffs this year but assuming the keep key pieces in place and with the addition of another solid role player I could see them putting up 55 wins next year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Rondo with four 3's in the first half? Is this real life?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Man I must have jinxed the Rockets every since I mentioned they have been raggedy.

And it's not even Smith they have out of sync for the last 10 games and last night they looked like they have never played together.

We really need a playmaking pg because if Harden does not initiate we start chucking.

Man we looked bad.:skurred

Top Bottom