2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That's totally disgusting to be going on at education institutions.
The most shocking thing to me is these two clowns didn't have the common sense to self sensor based on their audience.

Those slides probably would have been fine inside an all male locker room.

But showing those slides to a room full of women.......you're begging for some sort of sexual harassment claim.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The most shocking thing to me is these two clowns didn't have the common sense to self sensor based on their audience.

Those slides probably would have been fine inside an all male locker room.

But showing those slides to a room full of women.......you're begging for some sort of sexual harassment claim.
FWIW they got the green light because the poem was written by a woman and she helped on the slides. Also I know a couple of women that were there and they said most thought it was "so lame it was funny". But yeah they should have realized there would be some that would be offended especially in today's pc society.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Jiggyfly

Banned
QB Jarrett Stidham granted release for transfer from Baylor
Jul 25, 2016
Max Olson
ESPN Staff Writer

Former Baylor quarterback Jarrett Stidham gained his release from the school on Monday, he confirmed to ESPN.

Stidham had announced his decision to transfer from Baylor on July 7. He'll have three remaining seasons of eligibility elsewhere after sitting out this fall and has made no decisions on where he'll go next.

As a true freshman, Stidham passed for 1,265 yards and 12 touchdowns with two interceptions in 10 games. He started three games for the Bears before suffering a season-ending ankle injury. Stidham was ESPN's No. 2 rated dual-threat quarterback recruit coming out of Stephenville (Texas) High.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Looking over the recently released NCAA Coaches Poll…..once again Oklahoma is viewed as a Top 5 team but I’m not taking the bait. Something will go wrong.

It’s been that way for about 10 year now. The seasons that they’re projected to be a title contender they always fall flat, either due to injuries to key players or poor play. And the seasons that they’re projected to be a run of the mill team, they always overachieve.

For instance last year they were projected to be ranked anywhere between 15-20. They finished in the top 5.

Also, not much was expected of the 2013 team yet they finished 6th overall.

In 2009 & 2014 they were the consensus favorites to win it all or at least projected to be in the title game. In both seasons they failed miserably.

Bottom line, don’t believe the hype. This team will most likely lose at least 3 games and will finish no better than 15th.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Looking over the recently released NCAA Coaches Poll…..once again Oklahoma is viewed as a Top 5 team but I’m not taking the bait. Something will go wrong.

It’s been that way for about 10 year now. The seasons that they’re projected to be a title contender they always fall flat, either due to injuries to key players or poor play. And the seasons that they’re projected to be a run of the mill team, they always overachieve.

For instance last year they were projected to be ranked anywhere between 15-20. They finished in the top 5.

Also, not much was expected of the 2013 team yet they finished 6th overall.

In 2009 & 2014 they were the consensus favorites to win it all or at least projected to be in the title game. In both seasons they failed miserably.

Bottom line, don’t believe the hype. This team will most likely lose at least 3 games and will finish no better than 15th.
Of course something will go wrong. Mayfield will stop overachieving and be the POS he really is.

:flairwoo

1bigfan13

Staff member
Of course something will go wrong. Mayfield will stop overachieving and be the POS he really is.
Then we'll just have to lean on the best pair of RBs in the BIG 12.

FACE!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

FACE!
I remember when I thought Malcolm Brown and Jonathan Gray were going to be the best pair of RBs in the Big 12.

:sad

Rev

Staff member

FACE!
Since Washington graduated we will let you have your brief time in the sun.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
does anyone have ESPN insider? I'm interested in seeing the Overrated/underrated Players in college football article they posted about an hour ago. If someone could post it that would be awesome

1bigfan13

Staff member
I remember when I thought Malcolm Brown and Jonathan Gray were going to be the best pair of RBs in the Big 12.

:sad
Malcolm Brown was supposed to be the next Adrian Peterson. Similar size, speed, build, everything.

As a Sooners fan I was legitimately worried that he'd be putting up 1,800 yards regularly.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Malcolm Brown was supposed to be the next Adrian Peterson. Similar size, speed, build, everything.

As a Sooners fan I was legitimately worried that he'd be putting up 1,800 yards regularly.
Yup.

And Gray was supposed to be Jamal Charles.

We recruited the #1 RB in Texas two years in a row, and neither was any good.

It's just been that kind of span for us since the Colt McCoy era ended.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yup.

Sing the Missing Mack Blues. :art

Rev

Staff member
Yup.

And what a glory this era is.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Sing the Missing Mack Blues. :art
I don't know why you keep saying that when no one misses Mack and the Texas decline began with him in charge.

Not only was he not getting results, but he also began recruiting poorly after being so good at it for so long. His poor recruiting classes is why Texas has been so bare at the skill positions for so long.

There are a number of things wrong with the program right now, but not having Mack Brown isn't one of them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know why you keep saying that when no one misses Mack and the Texas decline began with him in charge.

Not only was he not getting results, but he also began recruiting poorly after being so good at it for so long. His poor recruiting classes is why Texas has been so bare at the skill positions for so long.

There are a number of things wrong with the program right now, but not having Mack Brown isn't one of them.
I say that because I enjoy pissing off Orange cow supporters. :art

Rev

Staff member
I wished he would have got an extension.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yup.

Part of UT's biggest problem is its arrogance in thinking that it doesn't need to recruit players outside of the state of Texas. Yes, its ripe with talent. But, when you only recruit in-state, you miss out on other talented players and foster an environment of entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom