2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Seems like it might be like an ink blot test, where everyone hears what they want to hear. If that's the case we can assume the crowd thought they heard "aren't" before the cheer.
Yeah she said aren't, damn it.

townsend

Banned
They both do, it just now the DNC turn for people to see how dirty and corrupt they are, blow the two party system the F**k up.
DNC is probably about to get super corrupt, as the GOP starts to die, this is why I'm afraid of the democrat super majority, last time they made that shitty ACA, and in my opinion wrote it to serve corporations, not patients.

I want climate change legislation, scientific funding, the Iran nuclear treaty sustained while TPP gets demolished. But I'm concerned with what kind of nonsense we'll have to endure to get those morsels from the democrats.

2233boys

Not So New Member
DNC is probably about to get super corrupt, as the GOP starts to die, this is why I'm afraid of the democrat super majority, last time they made that shitty ACA, and in my opinion wrote it to serve corporations, not patients.

I want climate change legislation, scientific funding, the Iran nuclear treaty sustained while TPP gets demolished. But I'm concerned with what kind of nonsense we'll have to endure to get those morsels from the democrats.
Written by insurance companies for insurance companies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Following a Republican plan.
Doesn't matter because it was culminated via a President that was the chief sponsor and has so named albeit loosely Obama care. In addition the republicans were against the program as it was proposed and the democrats railroaded it through both houses before most people even read it. To this day most congressmen do not know what is in the law and in addition it continues to unfold and surprise folks.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Doesn't matter because it was culminated via a President that was the chief sponsor and has so named albeit loosely Obama care. In addition the republicans were against the program as it was proposed and the democrats railroaded it through both houses before most people even read it. To this day most congressmen do not know what is in the law and in addition it continues to unfold and surprise folks.
The only reason republicans in congress hate it is because Obama put it into effect. They love that it benefits business and doesn't really help the common man.

The point is as much as you hate it, it has your party and my parties finger prints all over it.

It would have been better had they just went with Universal Health care, but to pass it you'd have to have a congress and a chief executive not in the back pockets of Insurance companies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The only reason republicans in congress hate it is because Obama put it into effect. They love that it benefits business and doesn't really help the common man.

The point is as much as you hate it, it has your party and my parties finger prints all over it.

It would have been better had they just went with Universal Health care, but to pass it you'd have to have a congress and a chief executive not in the back pockets of Insurance companies.
Why then are they so anxious to repeal it?

2233boys

Not So New Member
Why then are they so anxious to repeal it?
Because they are obstructionist assholes, that don't want to see Obama have any legacy come out of his presidency. If you believe it is because they think they are helping the American people you are a fool. Throwing Millions off of health insurance with no viable plan to replace it, is just stupid.

No matter the faults with the ACA, and I believe there are many.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because they are obstructionist assholes, that don't want to see Obama have any legacy come out of his presidency. If you believe it is because they think they are helping the American people you are a fool. Throwing Millions off of health insurance with no viable plan to replace it, is just stupid.

No matter the faults with the ACA, and I believe there are many.
I believe it is one of the worst programs ever inflicted on the American people but make no mistake that the Republican party tried to not allow it to happen and it wasn't just because it had Obama's name on it. I watched the sessions on cspan and there were ongoing floor fights wanting a delay to review the bill. Pelosi was the biggest catalyst to force it on through without proper review. She even made some outrageous remarks like let's just go ahead and pass it then you can review it. It wasn't just an ego thing about whose name was on it. It as about the democrats wanting to upstage the republicans at the expense of the American people.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Oh please let this be recent. When was this, because she promised in a debate she wouldn't. She actually chastised Bernie for saying he would raise taxes for the programs he wanted to run. Oh please let this be from today.
According to Snopes it's from august 3, 2016. Moot point now I guess.

Genghis Khan

If Genghis Khan wins the election, my first order of business is repealing obamacare.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh please let this be recent. When was this, because she promised in a debate she wouldn't. She actually chastised Bernie for saying he would raise taxes for the programs he wanted to run. Oh please let this be from today.
It's from a couple days ago.

Genghis Khan

So you'll kick Millions off their health coverage, what's your plan?

Glad I voted for Bernie over you. :art
I wouldn't kick anybody off of anything, but making it mandatory instead of affordable is backward and asinine.

I'm a big believer in free will, and as an added bonus if health care is affordable most people would choose to get it and you wouldn't have to force them.

Making health care mandatory yet expensive only serves to hurt low-income people more than they ever were before.

townsend

Banned
image.jpg

The last two weeks have been a God damned roller coaster. I think Trump's goose is cooked though.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wouldn't kick anybody off of anything, but making it mandatory instead of affordable is backward and asinine.

I'm a big believer in free will, and as an added bonus if health care is affordable most people would choose to get it and you wouldn't have to force them.

Making health care mandatory yet expensive only serves to hurt low-income people more than they ever were before.
That's about it. Add to that a penalty for disobeying the king and its more than asinine. It borders on dictatorial. This part is really what was being counted on by the government. It is a way to raise tax money without having to legislate a tax increase. That in a nutshell is why the dems were in a fervor to get it passed. The increase in expense to police it however, may exceed the revenue.

2233boys

Not So New Member

I agree, but rather than repeal the Affordable care act, wouldn't it be a better option to rework it, creating a public option, or better yet Universal Health care.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree, but rather than repeal the Affordable care act, wouldn't it be a better option to rework it, creating a public option, or better yet Universal Health care.
If you can give me Universal Healthcare without raising taxes I would be all for it. The problem is that in order to do that government would have to cut their crazy amount of spending somewhere else and they would never do that.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I believe it is one of the worst programs ever inflicted on the American people but make no mistake that the Republican party tried to not allow it to happen and it wasn't just because it had Obama's name on it. I watched the sessions on cspan and there were ongoing floor fights wanting a delay to review the bill. Pelosi was the biggest catalyst to force it on through without proper review. She even made some outrageous remarks like let's just go ahead and pass it then you can review it. It wasn't just an ego thing about whose name was on it. It as about the democrats wanting to upstage the republicans at the expense of the American people.
Yeah I don't buy the republican party had the public interest in mind, they haven't demonstrated that in any of their policy, since I have been alive. This has been one of the most obstructionist congress ever. That they haven't held a hearing on the Scotus nominee, is just more evidence.

The ACA isn't great, and something better needs to be done. It is unconscionable that just across the boarder you can get the same drugs for half the price. It is a national embarrassment, that we have millions who are still uncovered because they can't afford health insurance.

Every time there is health care reform from both parties there are a majority of our elected officials looking our for the pharmaceutical and insurance companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom