JPP Anybody?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Piere Paul is a free agent this offseason and it looks like he will not command a crazy contract, do you go after him in free agency?

I would say yes if its in the 6 million dollar range.

townsend

Banned
Guy's a hoss. Big part of the 2011 SB run. I literally have no idea how the cap will look in the offseason, and whether the dead weight we cut will harm us or help us there, but Charles Haley was the last pass rushing DE we were able to successfully transplant, that makes me wary. Especially since JPP's production fell so hard in 2012 and 2013.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Absolutely not. The guy has been constantly nicked up and has a questionable work ethic. Putting him in a Cowboy uni with a fat Jerry check sounds like a very stupid idea.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
NO... his beast season was a contract year (IIRC).

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This guy gives no fucks about being a complete pass rusher, he hasn't worked on his game since his breakout year and it shows. OTs shut him down more often than not.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Naw, we gotta save our money to give Beasley a big deal. :unsure

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I agree with Booze to a degree but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him if the price is right. He's been pretty ordinary production wise the past 3, 4 years but he has something like 10 sacks this season which is still two times as many as anyone on our roster and he's still pretty young.

I wouldn't just jump all over him though, wait to see who becomes available in FA and evaluate this year's college NFL prospects for the draft first.

townsend

Banned
I'd rather see us spend draft picks than pursue in FA. As much of a disappointment as Lawrence has been, we've done decent finding linemen in the draft, we just need to spend more picks.

That being said, JPP is a big guy, which I like. He has a more complete game than your typical pass rusher. He looks like a guy who could be a Greg Ellis style defensive end who could apply pressure, support the run game, and deflect passes. I covet that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd rather see us spend draft picks than pursue in FA. As much of a disappointment as Lawrence has been, we've done decent finding linemen in the draft, we just need to spend more picks.

That being said, JPP is a big guy, which I like. He has a more complete game than your typical pass rusher. He looks like a guy who could be a Greg Ellis style defensive end who could apply pressure, support the run game, and deflect passes. I covet that.
Just apply the Spagnola principle.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Hell no. He only plays well AGAINST Dallas. Outside of one year the guy's been a complete mirage.

Top Bottom